White
    2001 camaro SS

Pacesetter LT and Y-Pipe?

Hey guys jw whose running the Pacesetter LT's and Y-pipe? I would like to know if these are good because the are pretty cheap unlike the SLP I was looking and. Im asking because I dont want to put junk on my car, let me know what you think?
    2001 Camaro SS, LM 1, BMR LCA, relocation brackets, BMR springs, adj panhard bar, smooth below, lid, sub-frame connectors weld on, strut brace
    2000 WS6, ls6 intake, sub-frame connectors, slp maf, slp cat delete with slp y-pipe, electric cutout, strut brace, smooth below, slp lid, bmr LCA and RLB

Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

I have them on my car. Best bang for your buck if you ask me and better then the SLP headers. The Pacesetters fit with no problems at all and make some nice power gains.
    Callies 383, Trick Flow 225, Rapid Motorsports Dominatior 2 X cam, ls6 ported oil pump,42lb injectors, FAST 92/92 , ASP underdrive pully, eletric water pump, Pacesetter LT's, Pacesetter ORY, Magnaflow catback, e-cutout, Yank SS 3600, Performabuilt stage 2 4l60e, Strange S60 ,4.10s, Detroit Truetrac, (UMI) - Adj. LCA, Adj. tunnel mount torque arm, Adj. panhard bar, Drag bar, subframe conectors, shock tower brace. 465rwhp-438rwtq 11.09@119.90.

LPM
    2000 Z28

I went with hooker and if I were to do it all again and still went with coated or painted, I would go with pacesetters.

LS6 Intake, LS6 VCT, E^2 Catch Can, Hooker LTs and ORY, Magnaflow Cat-Back, 3" QTP electric cutout, UMI adj LCA, PHB, 3 pt SFCs, STB, MGW Shifter, SLP lid and bellow, Free-Mods, Tuned by BlueCat

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Yup, pacesetters are definetly good. I had them on my 98 that I had before and they were not a pain to get in, held up good, and had good ground clearence. I didn't get the coated ones though just the black ones and the paint started to fall off after a while but I didnt mind at all. I got the TexasSpeed y-pipe though and it wasn't too bad with it, it would bang in the bottom of the floor pan but it later fixed itself. Do not get SLP, clearence sucks on them and they are not worth the money.

2002 Camaro Z28

I have the coated ones and they fit and work fine but the coating looks like crap already. Probably have less than 7,000 miles on them. I also have the texas speed y pipe. It is a good peice but does hit the floor. Ended up getting the mufflex hanger deal...seems like I had to do a little rigging to get it to fit right but it works very well.

Get the race ones and ditch the AIR sytem. Looks so much better under the hood. Also get the GM gaskets and O2 sensor extensions don't use the wires that come with.
    Last edited by JunkyardZ; 01-13-2012 at 02:24 PM.
    Junkyard bought and "refurbished" 2002 Camaro Z28 - Pacetter Race LT's, TS&P ORY, Frost tune, Magnaflow, Ported TB, SLP Lid, Circle D 3000, 3.73's, SFC's.
    2009 Silverado Z71 - Magnaflow
    2008 Impala LTZ - Wife didn't want the V8 SS!

Black
    '98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by JunkyardZ View Post
    I have the coated ones and they fit and work fine but the coating looks like crap already. Probably have less than 7,000 miles on them. I also have the texas speed y pipe. It is a good peice but does hit the floor. Ended up getting the mufflex hanger deal...seems like I had to do a little rigging to get it to fit right but it works very well.

Get the race ones and ditch the AIR sytem. Looks so much better under the hood. Also get the GM gaskets and O2 sensor extensions don't use the wires that come with.
    I've had the BBK headers and ypipe for about 8 months now and they look the same as the day I put them in. Great fit, awesome clearance. Easily best bang for the buck when it comes to headers for our fbodys.

LPM
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by tpilews View Post
    I've had the BBK headers and ypipe for about 8 months now and they look the same as the day I put them in. Great fit, awesome clearance. Easily best bang for the buck when it comes to headers for our fbodys.
    Dis they offer long tubes 8 months ago? I thought they were new in the market

Red w/ silver Stripes
    2000 WS6 6 Speed

I have went with Pacesetter lt's and tsp ORY on every one of my ls cars. I for one will say def best bang for the buck.

White
    2001 camaro SS

each time did you buy them from the Pacestter website? and when buying them what all do I need to go with it? whats this talk about hitting the floor pan I dont want that to happen...

Thread Information