Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

pacesetter longtubes........ugh

This is a discussion on pacesetter longtubes........ugh within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by raysz28 The drivers side was the hardest for me too. we actually had to remove the drivers ...

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by raysz28 View Post
    The drivers side was the hardest for me too. we actually had to remove the drivers side engine mount bracket and raise the engine to put the header in place.
    So we removed the mount, raised the engine, slid the header in place, dropped the engine, put the mount back together, then finally bolted the header in place. it was a lot of juggling... but its all done now and it looks great! hope that helps.
    Just as long as you dont try and install Prothane mounts in the car! That would be the only thing other than tuning and exhaust that I'd have someone else do! Have fun with that shit, took me 3 hours to get the mounts line up in the k-member with everything out of the car!!!

White
    1998 Trans Am

I used to do a lot of my own work on my 89 and some on my 93 convert 5.0. Was just so much easier to work on. These cars have no room. I did some of my work but when it was time for the headers I sent it to a shop. It was like $400 to install the LT's, ORY, and catback. Also it only took a day for that plus the tune and a few other minor problems I was having so I didn't have to loose my weekend since I sometimes work Sat and SUn.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by jmatt07 View Post
    well ive been having a whole lot of fun forthe past couple hours. tryin to get my pacesetter longtube header put in on the drivers side. i jacked the thing up as high as i could but i still cant get that p.o.s up there. ive tried every which angle. i dont have the new heads on yet bc i figured it would be easier to put the headers in place first and then put the heads on. i tried puttin the header in from the top from the bottom any which way i could and all the farther i have gotten is just pissed off for the rest of the night. anyone have any tips or something to help? thanks
    I had the exact same problem. Pissed me off also, I ended up loosening the motor mounts enough to lift the engine, on drivers side.

At the end of the day, I ran into more problems reinstalling the oil dipstick. Couldnt remember the angle or how it fit through the LTs. Goodluck man...
    Real men do their installs (no offense) to others.

Ticket Red
    M6 1998 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    Just as long as you dont try and install Prothane mounts in the car!
    I did replace the motor mounts with prothane mounts at the same time as the headers. it really wasnt that bad just taking my time.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by raysz28 View Post
    I did replace the motor mounts with prothane mounts at the same time as the headers. it really wasnt that bad just taking my time.
    Lucky man, Mine were like 1/8" off and took me forever and lots of prying on the motor to get the holes to line up. I've heard of people having problems and other people have them slip right in with no problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information