Green

Pacesetter Headers

I have my coated headers and ory on order and should have them on next weekend . Has someone done the swamp on ramps, if so was there enough room? If not I can try and squeeze in over at my uncles lift

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

I would recommend the lift, guys have done em on ramps, but from everything I've read it is cramped and can be a PITA

Green

thats what i figured, plus there are air tools over there!!

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

i strongly suggest only using the air tools for the removal of your stock exhaust system (if even that). you cannot torque (tighten) your LT's to the heads because you will strip the bolt holes in the heads w/air tools. sometimes they do more harm than good...

Green

oh i know, its aluminum, certain things will be much easier with air tools such as the removal of the system

Navy Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A WS6 M6

Exclamation

Use a lift--I did...I wouldn't do it on ramps on my back...
    99 WS6 M6 NBM !Cags,!Cats,Vinci/Crane,Hurst,Detroit TruTrac,3:73,31 Splne,Edel.Race LT's,ORY,QTEC,Flow,ARP,Percy,MSD,SLP,AC/DELCO,Bosch,GMPP,Cntrfrce DF,Htchkiss,Susp.Tech,Lakewood,285's,Bilstein,Pro-kit,SLP,RK Sprt,A/Meter,Red Optima,Magnaflow S/S Tips,Hd Pins,Tint,Fire.Ex,[*4 Hot Rod Power Tours*]

Black
    99 SS

i did it on ramps and jack stands took me 6 hours, i suggest a lift

Green

im doing it either one night this week, saturday or sunday whenever its free

black
    2000 WS.6

i did it on ramps. honestly, that is not the hard part cause the headers pretty much slide right in.. the pain in the ass part is fitting your hands down into certain spots from above the car. also, i had a plasma cutter to cut my stock crap off. it made the job easier.

Green

I may have messed up and kept the emission crap. Good idea or bad idea? Right now i live in SC where there is no state inspection but plan on moving back to VA where there is a state inspection. Anyone take off the EGR/AIR? Also whats a good product to use to clean the TB?

black
    2000 WS.6

yea, i also got the emissions headers, but i took off the AIR/EGR crap just for the sake of making the engine bay look better. i made metal block off plates to cover the emissions holes on the headers and used the little gaskets pacesetter sent me for the EGR/AIR holes. the only reason i bought the emissions headers was just incase the state did an inspection in the future. but i recently heard that my town will never get emissions testing. Woohoo!!!! (knock on wood)

Green

Did you have to get a tune afterwards?

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Just did put Pacesettler longtubes on my LT1. It was a bitch. I had to get a cherry picker and lift the engine on the passenger side to get that header in. The rear EGR pipe on the passenger side header was difficult to hook back up. It didn't exactly line up perfectly. And there wasn't enough room to use the bolt on it, so I left it as is.

I just used jack stands, but a lift would have made it much easier.

black
    2000 WS.6

no. i havnt got a tune yet. its not exactly necesary. but if you want better gas mileage and more power, get a tune. i am definitley getting one.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

My car seems quieter with the longtubes in now...
    Well, I ran open headers for a few days and my hearing may be desensitized to that, but even being reasonable about it, the car doesn't rumble at idle like it used to and it doesn't scream at WOT like it did.
    Pacesetter Coated LT's, Catted Y, Flowmaster catback (not sure which one, came with car, but was damn loud)

Grey
    2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM

i just finished up my pacesetters and y-pipe, everyone told me i would have to bang the y-pipe flat to get it fit towards the stock exhaust pipe but if you take off the bracket that holds the pipe up it will slide in without have to flatten the pipe, then put the bracket back on, no problems. I just have to finish up the AIR system and its all done. The hardest part was the spark plug wires being too close to the headers, one of the started to burn when i test started the car today so i have to adjust it.

Green

That was my next question. With the headers on, there are two or three plugs that the metal sleeve touches the headers. I am just going to get the things from summit that are good up to 1200 degrees. I had them on my 454 72 Chevelle and they worked nicely. Another question is the y pipe seems like it is vibrating on the passenger side. I believe I am going to have to readjust the y pipe. Anyone have similar problems? Just for the record, if you start your car in neutral a bit off of the ground and the rear tires are spinning you will have your abs inop light come on. If you drive it for 10 seconds down the road it will turn off. I only had a little trouble on the drivers side with getting the headers in. I had to beat the floor in for the squeeze. The passenger side slid right in, and both sides was with new spark plugs in. The plugs are very easy to change with nothing in the way! The car sounds and looks great!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

For the record. The pacesetter Y is a piece of shit but will work. Mine banged as does every pacesetter Y ever made. What I did was loosen the exhaust all the way back to where it crosses over the axle and adjust it so it didn't hit anywhere. I also used wood blocks jammed into places to hold the Y steady so I could tighten everything down. After doing all of that I no longer have any banging issues even under hard acceleration.

Green

I have it on the passenger side where it comes around on that metal piece that comes down. Im going to jack it up and cut it off.

Thread Information