Thread: Pacesetter Fit

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Pacesetter Fit

Im seriously considering buying headers for my 01Z, my real issue is if its gonna fit on good without having to touch any motor mounts. How are pacesetter LT's meaning do i have to wrestle these in and touch motor mounts or do they go on really well. Appreciate the advice and thanks in advance.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Passenger slips right in, the driver's side, I had to jack the engine up an eighth of an inch (didn't unbolt the motor mounts) and it slipped right in.

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

The passenger's side slipped in and the driver's side was tight but not bad at all with the spark plugs removed.

NBM
    2002 Camaro

You shouldnt have to touch the motor mounts with pacesetters. The most I could see you having to do is to grind the corner off of a piece of the block on the drivers side, takes about a minute.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

With Mac Mids do i have to do any mods with those or do they fit a bit better then pacesetter LT's. Were i live every exhuast shop loves to make a big deal about how LT's dont fit right and from the begining give you a really outrageous price on labor. Does anyone here know of a good exhuast shop here in the pasadena, glendale area also willing to drive a bit that does a good job for a good price.

Pewter
    2001 GrandPrix GTP

Tell them to suck a dick if they quote you really high. My brother-in-law and I installed Pacesetter LT's, y-pipe, and a magnaflow catback in less than 4 and a half hours. Had a shop quote me at 9.5 hours and afterwards I went back and told them it was a complete joke what they were quoting.
    Last edited by Benner; 11-10-2008 at 08:46 AM.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I know its not an easy job, but damn the 4 exhuast shops ive talked to make it seem like there pulling an engine apart. Either way i get prices from them anywere from 400-600 so not the same price as pulling an engine apart but pretty high still. If there is a member that has experience in installing LT's ill pay him to do it for me if you can help me out with the price and can use my driveway ofcourse. Other then that i dont know who else to go to for the install since i dont know how good they are and yet want a good amount of money for the install.

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    I know its not an easy job, but damn the 4 exhuast shops ive talked to make it seem like there pulling an engine apart. Either way i get prices from them anywere from 400-600 so not the same price as pulling an engine apart but pretty high still. If there is a member that has experience in installing LT's ill pay him to do it for me if you can help me out with the price and can use my driveway ofcourse. Other then that i dont know who else to go to for the install since i dont know how good they are and yet want a good amount of money for the install.
    I'd do it for you if you weren't on the other side of the country

White
    1998 Trans Am m6

I installed the passetters on my car, install went well, I didnot have to mess with lifting the motor, although it took some time wiggling driver side in. They have great clearence and sound sooooo good. Pulling the dipstick out caused me more trouble than anything???

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Thank Ls1camino appreciate the offer either way.

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Mellinger View Post
    I installed the passetters on my car, install went well, I didnot have to mess with lifting the motor, although it took some time wiggling driver side in. They have great clearence and sound sooooo good. Pulling the dipstick out caused me more trouble than anything???
    I forgot about that...I spent about and hour total trying to find the hole to get it back in...I say "total", because I fucked with it for about 30 minutes, gave up in a fit, came back in an hour, fiddled with it some more (about 20 minutes), kicked my tool box in frustration, went and made a sandwich, put some ice on my foot while I ate, came back and it went in instantly

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    Thank Ls1camino appreciate the offer either way.
    Anytime, I love helping other people work on their cars, especially if I've already done what they are trying to do

Thread Information