Thread: ORY Worries

More dreams than money... Cobra Killer's Avatar

White
    99 Z-28

ORY Worries

I have LPP LT's... Do I have to get LPP ORY because of fitment issues? Pacesetters are much cheaper and I cant imagine losing horsepower on something so simple so why spend so much more? And also what are the good bang for buck brands for ORY's?

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

I was looking at LPP too. Looks like a nice setup. The ORY doesn't seem to bad to me, but the catted y is expensive even on sale.

White
    99 Z-28

Not interested in anything catted. In like loud and attention grabbing haha... Just wondering about qaulity I guess.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

They look to be a copy of the hooker headers. Just with a much lower price. I plan to order a set this week with the catted y.
    I only thing I would say is that I would buy a stainless y. It will last much longer.
    Do you have any pics of the LPP headers?

White
    99 Z-28

Not installed, mine are wrapped anyway so you wouldnt be able to see much. Yeah I plan on getting the stainless ORY... Have you heard anything about the true dual setup LPP has? Interesting if it fits and doesnt suck as far as ground clearance.

BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

fyi, the pacesetter ory is garbage! The area where the "y" is really sucks. The driver side pipe just runs into the side of the pass side and if u look in there u will see that they cut a hole in the pass side pipe for where the driver side runs into it but the hole is much smaller and uneven. Im guessing this was done so someone could weld em together very quickly without having to have em lined up exactly right. I highly suggest getting the hooker ory since the pacesetter LTs are modeled after the hookers so they bolt up nicely.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

The true dual setup looks decent in the few pictures I have seen. I know that a setup dumped before the rear axle will make a lot of noise in the interior of the car. It sounds like that might be the way to go for you since you like it loud. Have not seen even a picture of it on a car, so not sure on ground clearance.
    I would get the true dual setup if it werent for the noise police around here. They would get me the first time I went through town. I had a 78 Z28 with duals and an x-pipe, dumped before the axle. After three tickets in two months I had it extended out the back. Thats mainly the reason for me planning a catted y-pipe when I do headers on the 02. I understand it quiets it down a little.

White
    99 Z-28

Exhaust Opinion

Thanks BlckSS, glad you said something. I will probably just get the LPP ORY. Its stainless and hopefully constructed well... Think it is modeled after Hookers ORY as well. Made up the mind on exhaust as well, GMMG is simply music to my ears. Dumped my Flowmaster today to get rid of some stupid tips and its a droney peice of shit even more than before haha. Thinking about running the GMMG through CME or just not putting tips on it and running turndowns? What do you yall think?

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Killer View Post
    Thanks BlckSS, glad you said something. I will probably just get the LPP ORY. Its stainless and hopefully constructed well... Think it is modeled after Hookers ORY as well. Made up the mind on exhaust as well, GMMG is simply music to my ears. Dumped my Flowmaster today to get rid of some stupid tips and its a droney peice of shit even more than before haha. Thinking about running the GMMG through CME or just not putting tips on it and running turndowns? What do you yall think?
    No prob, just wanted to make sure no one else made the same mistake as me in gettin that shitty ass y from pacesetter. Good choice, I love gmmg! I say go with the cme too, Ive always liked the look.

White
    99 Z-28

CME with a molded valance is super sexy. Very Vette like, and we all know we want a Vette haha.

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Killer View Post
    CME with a molded valance is super sexy. Very Vette like, and we all know we want a Vette haha.
    yeah we got the "poor mans" vette

White
    99 Z-28

White trash Vette is what I hear out here. F***ing BMW, Mercedes drivers. Funny they cant keep up with my redneck ass though?

Apocolypse too

Pewter
    99 trans am

I can shoot up some pics of my LPPs and Y much later today if you want

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

I would like to see them. Having trouble finding many pictures and wondered how they compared to Hooker headers. If you can post the pictures that would be great.

White
    99 Z-28

Yeah I wanna see what they look like installed.

Apocolypse too

Pewter
    99 trans am

Got me some bronchitis / raining shitty weather, I'll see if I cN get out there today

Thread Information