Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which ORY?

Marina Blue
    1968 Chevelle SS396

Talking Which ORY?

I have a 1999 Z28 with a manual trans and just bought the Pacesetter Longtube headers. What ORY would work the best without fit issues (pacesetter ORY or the TSP ORY)? I do plan to replace the motor and tranny mounts with the poly ones. Any other suggestions???

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

i used the pacesetter one with my stainless headers, which where built off the pacesetters no problems with it here. and its cheap about 130 at summit.

silver
    2000 formula

some say the TSP fits the pace.....all i know is the TSP ORY does NOT fit the TSP headers

pewter
    2002 Tans am WS6 M6

there catted version does not fit Jet-hot longtubes

blue
    1998 Trans Am ls1

Quote Originally Posted by sjsingle1 View Post
    some say the TSP fits the pace.....all i know is the TSP ORY does NOT fit the TSP headers
    i just installed a tsp ory onto my pacesetters, fittment was great! took some time to adjust and get er lined up, but fit very well

silver
    2000 formula

lucky u

Red
    1999 z28

Razer900- How much of a fitment issue did you have with the TSP and how much adjusting was needed? What exactly do you mean by adjusting? Do you mean just forcing the pipes together or fitment with your cat back? Thanks

More questions:
    1. Does the TSP ORY have clearance issues seeing that it is not flattened on the top?

2. Speaking of which, it looks like the Pacesetter ORY is flattened, will this affect performance issues at all? Even if later down the road I want to put a street-able cam in the car?

3. With the ORY is it better to use O2 sims for the rears or is it fine to leave them unplugged and eventually get them tuned out when I get the cam installed? Keeping in mind that this may be a year or two down the road...I am wondering if leaving them unplugged will do any damage to the PCM or affect the way the car runs.

4. I have a LM1 cat back system and it is getting really annoying with the popping and raspy sounds it makes. I am thinking about swapping out the resonator for a Magnaflow bullet muffler..Will this make the annoyance stop or just help a little? It is pretty much my only option at this point because I don't have the cash for a new cat back system. Opinions?

Thanks all!
    Red 1999 Camaro z28 M6
    SLP LM1, SLP lid, K&N filter, Z06 Clutch, Pro 5.0 Shifter

Grotto Blue 1968 Chevelle SS396
    375HP, .30 over, M21, comp cams .575/.604 solid, performer rpm intake, holly 770 street avenger, MSD pro billet distributer, blaster 2 coil, 6A Ignition, 3.73 gears, no hop bars

Silver
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroJoe View Post
    Razer900- How much of a fitment issue did you have with the TSP and how much adjusting was needed? What exactly do you mean by adjusting? Do you mean just forcing the pipes together or fitment with your cat back? Thanks

More questions:
    1. Does the TSP ORY have clearance issues seeing that it is not flattened on the top?

2. Speaking of which, it looks like the Pacesetter ORY is flattened, will this affect performance issues at all? Even if later down the road I want to put a street-able cam in the car?

3. With the ORY is it better to use O2 sims for the rears or is it fine to leave them unplugged and eventually get them tuned out when I get the cam installed? Keeping in mind that this may be a year or two down the road...I am wondering if leaving them unplugged will do any damage to the PCM or affect the way the car runs.

4. I have a LM1 cat back system and it is getting really annoying with the popping and raspy sounds it makes. I am thinking about swapping out the resonator for a Magnaflow bullet muffler..Will this make the annoyance stop or just help a little? It is pretty much my only option at this point because I don't have the cash for a new cat back system. Opinions?

Thanks all!
    To answer some ? I have the same setup pace long tubes w/tsp ory. The fitment is good. For me there is a clearance issue but thats because i still have the clamps that came with them. I had to force some things in and by adjusting for me was to get the tips to not hit the bumper. But all and all its really good for the price

silver
    2000 formula

Red
    1999 z28

wow. That looks like a PITA! Dont think im going to go that route then. I want to do it all in the driveway at home!

Red
    1999 z28

That answers the first one! Questions 2, 3 and 4 anyone?

silver
    2000 formula

better to use a tune on the rear O2s than a sim..IMO

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I have no issues with Pacesetter Lt's and TSP Ory. TSP seems to fit very well.

I used the pacesetter headers and off road Y on both of our 4th gens.

I don't care for the pacesetter off road Y pipe. The merge is absolutely horrible. I ended up cutting ours apart and fixing it, and while I was at it, I rewelded the driver side pipe a little lower for more floor clearance.

After 2 of them I learned my lesson. I'd like to try the TSP pipe. I hear the merge collector is better designed, and I hear alot of good things about fitment.

One thing I took into consideration is the 3 inch diameter of the Pacesetter Y. Not sure what the TSP diameter is???

silver
    2000 formula

TSP ORY is 3 inches............wanna buy a used 1............slightly beat up????

Quote Originally Posted by sjsingle1 View Post
    TSP ORY is 3 inches............wanna buy a used 1............slightly beat up????
    Beat up as in how??

silver
    2000 formula

chek out the linky up there......

Wow, that's been hacked a bit. To the point it might not fit right on a different car given slight variances from one to the next.

I'd rather start with a new TSP setup, but thanks anyway.

silver
    2000 formula

i could see a little massage to make it fit.........but that was major surgery there......if my car was not DD i would have sent it back.....but my car was out and i needed it back NOW....so i told the muffler man to make it work

blue
    1998 Trans Am ls1

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroJoe View Post

More questions:

Thanks all!
    Sorry ive been dealing with trying to get my car running properly... By adjusting i mean i had it slid off and on probaley ten times. i actually had to trim off about 3/4" off of one pipe cuz the angle was shooting towards the pass tire and not parallell to the driveshaft. Fits great, took my time and about 6 hours to hang the y and new magna catback exhaust, (all by myself in my own garage on jackstands) No banging/ or noise what so ever! Clearance IMO is great considering i have worn out 16" tires, not dragging anywhere. I may be wrong tho but didnt pasesetter change there merge as well? Nice merge on the tsp and it caem in sections for tweaking the angles and fittment as well, very happy with it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information