Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Which ORY?

This is a discussion on Which ORY? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by razer900 I may be wrong tho but didnt pasesetter change there merge as well? Nice merge on ...

Quote Originally Posted by razer900 View Post
    I may be wrong tho but didnt pasesetter change there merge as well? Nice merge on the tsp and it caem in sections for tweaking the angles and fittment as well, very happy with it!Click for full sizeClick for full size
    The last Pacesetter Y I bought was 2 years ago, and the merge at that time had not changed from the previous one I bought 2 years prior to that.

Not only was it just a "T" into the side of the passenger pipe,,,but the hole cut was only about 1 1/2 inches in diameter with alot of slag to boot.
    No reason why that hole couldn't match the 3 inch pipe diameter, just looked like they didn't want to take the time. I would think the scavenging affect would be horrible with this design anyway.

Now maybe they have changed since, like I said it's been 2 years since the last one I bought. But I've already made up my mind to try a Texas Speed Y pipe that others here have had alot of success with. The merge collector alone looks to be worth a few ponies and should scavenge better over the crappy "T" junction with a tiny hole on the Pacesetter.

pewter
    2002 Tans am WS6 M6

Ya as far as the merge on the Y, I look good to me. The cutting that has to be done in mine was in 3 spots. I also bought differnt clamps. I went with band clamps with 2 bolts on one side. With this I could adjust for better clearence. My car os lowered hich I really like the look and feel but the cat is about 2 inches off the ground.
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Bright Red
    2000 TA Firehawk 0041/742

Check out the LSXtreme Performance y, I just bought the catted one and hopefully it will arrive next week. I'll take pics when they get here.

1999 WS6(sold) 2003 Cobra

Sorry to be off topic, but what does ORY stand for?

Bright Red

Off Road Y pipe= no cats.

silver
    2000 formula

TSP is a great design!!!.........just wished it fit on THEIR headers better

Red
    1999 z28

Quote Originally Posted by bberretta View Post
    Check out the LSXtreme Performance y, I just bought the catted one and hopefully it will arrive next week. I'll take pics when they get here.
    Ooo....ya do post pics of that, I am looking at that setup now (w/o cats tho) I am hoping it will help with the raspy sound I am annoyed with!! What headers are you merging it with and what catback?

Anyone else used this y pipe before with pacesetters?

I also found on ebay a dual setup thats pretty expensive, but looks really nice and wondered if anyone has used them before, are they any good? They are made by a company called Phab???
    Last edited by CamaroJoe; 04-17-2010 at 11:09 PM.

I've googled the crap out of LSextreme and get nothing, zilch. Do they have a website where I can look at this Y-pipe??

Red
    1999 z28

Saw them on Ebay, the auction has since ended. I couldn't find anything about them elsewhere on the net either...anyone know where to get them?

Marina Blue
    1968 Chevelle SS396

Email the seller

You can email the seller. Go to the page and email the sender with your questions.

Bright Red

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroJoe View Post
    Ooo....ya do post pics of that, I am looking at that setup now (w/o cats tho) I am hoping it will help with the raspy sound I am annoyed with!! What headers are you merging it with and what catback?
    I'm using the LSXtreme headers and the SLP exhaust thay came on my Firehawk. Justin at LSXtreme says that their merge should help with the raspy sound, but I haven't heard them yet.

Anyone have a pic of this LSXtreme Ypipe??

Bright Red

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Anyone have a pic of this LSXtreme Ypipe??
    Here you go:

Merge

ORY-

I'm waiting for my catted-y to arrive- should get here this week.
    Last edited by bberretta; 04-19-2010 at 08:26 PM.

Cool thanks, Looks like a nice piece.

Are those 3 inch pipes or 2 1/2??

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Please don't provide any links to non sponsors

Bright Red

I know... I'm watching my step carefully!

I think the pipes are 3" all the way but I can't be for certain because I remember there being something about a true 3" won't connect to the factory exhaust- hopefully mine will be here soon so I can take pics and not steer you wrong.

I know... I'm watching my step carefully!

I think the pipes are 3" all the way but I can't be for certain because I remember there being something about a true 3" won't connect to the factory exhaust- hopefully mine will be here soon so I can take pics and not steer you wrong.
    Much appreciated. Got your PM by the way. If you would rather give me a shout that way, that works too.
    Those pics posted here helps alot though. But I as well as others I'm sure, would like to hear how the install goes.

Red
    1999 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Those pics posted here helps alot though. But I as well as others I'm sure, would like to hear how the install goes.

Bright Red

I'm curious how the install will go as well! I been racking up parts for a couple of months so that hopefully it will be as painless as possible- motor mounts, clamps (found out that I didn't need the clamps since the Y comes with them!), plug wires, O2 sensors, gaskets, and so on... Just want this pipe to get here already!

I'm curious how the install will go as well! I been racking up parts for a couple of months so that hopefully it will be as painless as possible- motor mounts, clamps (found out that I didn't need the clamps since the Y comes with them!), plug wires, O2 sensors, gaskets, and so on... Just want this pipe to get here already!
    I also see how the driver side has a nice mandrel bend for more floor clearance, rather than smashing a flat spot in the pipe you see on other brands.

If this goes well for you, and it is indeed 3 inch piping, I'll give one of these a shot and see how it goes for me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information