Black
    2002 Firehawk

Which one? ......

Hey guys, somewhat of a newbie here. Been doing a lot of searching on the threads and net to see what exhaust and headers I want to get. I am pretty set on the Magnaflow cat back over the borla or hooker, love the sound of the magnaflow from clips I have heard, but I don't know what headers. I know there is not much of a performance difference between the different headers, but want to know if there is a big difference in sound with different headers and different opinions you might have. I am trying to get more of the deep rumble sound than the extremely loud sound. Please help!! THanks for any advice, sorry for the long thread.

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Check out www.LS1sounds.com
    You can choose different combinations to see what sounds best to you.

Black
    2002 Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's TA View Post
    Check out www.LS1sounds.com
    You can choose different combinations to see what sounds best to you.
    Thanks, I did look at that for a long time last night..... Thing is, a lot of the sound quality on the files are not that great and not consistent. Are there any other sites?, have seen some on youtube. Any good headers that match up good with the magnaflow?

Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

Quote Originally Posted by TX02TRANSAM View Post
    Thanks, I did look at that for a long time last night..... Thing is, a lot of the sound quality on the files are not that great and not consistent. Are there any other sites?, have seen some on youtube. Any good headers that match up good with the magnaflow?
    There is a general consensus with headers...you get what u pay for...

Try to get ones that are stainless steal..

Avoid SLP, they hang too low.. American Racing Headers, Kooks and QTP are the best in my book..some will argue to death which are the best..but they're only wasting their breathe because the differences are so small you would never be able to tell..

Black
    2002 Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by Vertiviper View Post
    There is a general consensus with headers...you get what u pay for...

Try to get ones that are stainless steal..

Avoid SLP, they hang too low.. American Racing Headers, Kooks and QTP are the best in my book..some will argue to death which are the best..but they're only wasting their breathe because the differences are so small you would never be able to tell..
    Thanks. As I have been looking around, most people get a new y pipe too, is it obvious to get a new one there too, or just keep the stock one, or am I way off. I am not the "mechanically inclined" and I am learning little by little., want to make sure I do it right.
    These are going to be my first mods, already got a lid and bellow so far.

Black
    2002 Firehawk

ALso, any one have an idea how much it might cost to install catbacks and headers. I dont know if I can trust a local muffler place or should I try to find a performance shop?

Red
    2000 SS

If you are on a budget look at pacesetter headers. You will need a ypipe that matches up to the headers. If you can find someone to help with the install that would be good. I wouldn't pay a shop to do it because it will cost you a lot and you will learn things doing it yourself. From what I hear the headers are not too bad to install and I know from experience that catbacks are a breeze. Good luck man.

Black
    2002 Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28 View Post
    If you are on a budget look at pacesetter headers. You will need a ypipe that matches up to the headers. If you can find someone to help with the install that would be good. I wouldn't pay a shop to do it because it will cost you a lot and you will learn things doing it yourself. From what I hear the headers are not too bad to install and I know from experience that catbacks are a breeze. Good luck man.
    Thanks, Sounds like a good idea to save some money, I know I dont have all the tools, would like to learn though. I think I will try to get some good headers to match it up but need to look for someone who can do it for me, dont want to pay an arm and a leg for installation.

Thread Information