Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

ok so running the risk to sounding like an idiot..

This is a discussion on ok so running the risk to sounding like an idiot.. within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; yea i did thats the frist thing i did to mine made a world of diff. ull be in no ...

Black
    2002 SS camaro

yea i did thats the frist thing i did to mine made a world of diff. ull be in no time

2002 Arctic White T/A Ws6islife's Avatar

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

haha alright thanks man i appreciate it time to save up gonna get some longtubes maybe a ory with either som magnaflows or other ones im still looking for the muffs

Black
    2002 SS camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Ws6islife View Post
    haha alright thanks man i appreciate it time to save up gonna get some longtubes maybe a ory with either som magnaflows or other ones im still looking for the muffs
    if your trying to save money get on ebay an look at there headers, my buddy bought a set for like 170$ an they fit good. an also he put spin tech muffler sounds nasty

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

or if your on a budget just forget the muffler and change the rest of your exhaust and replace the stock muffler with just a pipe. that's the course I took, sounds badass imo

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

yea i have seen stuff on ebay im a college kid im waiting on my aid to come in and it will go all for my car LOL!! i know totally not a good idea cus what if i need that money but ill leave about 2grand for college adn the other 2 for tha ride

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

yea i have seen stuff on ebay im a college kid im waiting on my aid to come in and it will go all for my car LOL!! i know totally not a good idea cus what if i need that money but ill leave about 2grand for college adn the other 2 for tha ride
    haha that's exactly what I do every semester, its worked so far

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

ok so im thinking i want the borla 14464 or what its the 3 inch adjustable borla, woul di need to ge tthe actual borla y pipe or would any y pipe work, another question what pipe is better for our car im not goign much for looks whatever give me the best flow or better performance..

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

ok so im thinking i want the borla 14464 or what its the 3 inch adjustable borla, woul di need to ge tthe actual borla y pipe or would any y pipe work, another question what pipe is better for our car im not goign much for looks whatever give me the best flow or better performance..
    no you don't need the borla y pipe, any y pipe will do(provided the inlet/outlet sizes match) then again even the inlet/outlet size doesn't matter as long as you get a muffler shop to weld them on and not bolt them on. X pipe's provide the best flow but that won't work with a borla catback. If your sticking to y pipes any will do. realistically you don't need anything bigger than 2.5-3in. just stay away from the slp y pipe and make sure it's stainless steel. I bought one and i'm regretting it.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

merges flow the best in y-pipe terms

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

What about exhaust witch gives best numbers? borla,corsa,magnaflow?

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

power wise there isn't much difference, your gains will depend on your supporting mods. SLP LM1 is well known for being the most free flowing/loudest. but if you plan on headers later on they sound like shit. IMO borla/corsa is the highest quality and I love the unique sound they each offer, you can't go wrong with either of them. I have the borla adjustable and absolutely love it. IMO the magnaflow is way too quiet but it's a quality catback.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

catbacks are expensive a muffler with a turndown, who wants all that extra weight anyway?

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

so any suggestion in setups i like those borlas i liek the sound they are expensive i dunno what route to take im still researching i want best flowing, so the headers could i buy painted headers and get them coated?? or is it better to just buy them coated? im still looking for it all headers,y, and exhaust i know any y will work as long as the fitting are right im goign with an offroad pipe..headers im undecided, and exhaust well that for sure i have no freakin clue..

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

yea i was just going to do exhaust but im going to go ahead to just do it all headers,y and exhaust..

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

ok so another quick reply i need help uhmm im going ot get headers,y pipe, and exhaust so what all do i need, as far as for the headers,i have been seeing about extention for the 02 sensors and what not so i need for 101 on all this i have looked in the stickys but i haven tfound infor i will re read tho..man i hate beinga newby

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

more and more question emerge sorry guys,

1) are these any good?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-99...item23039fafc3

2) im finding all sorts of y pipes that say are only designed lets say the eldenblock y pipe says its only designed to fit their headers is that true or bs? because they all say they are a 3" pipe i also like the stainles flowtech pipe now will any fit?

3) ok should i go with ory pipe? and how about race style headers? can someone explain the differences im still reading the stickys btw so i might find answeres if not can someone clear that outa the way...

thank you all for your patience

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

don't worry about the y pipe. any stainless steel will do. as long as your getting a shop to put them on for you they can weld and cut to get it to fit. if your using the car for the street then don't get race headers.(i don't think they have the proper bungs and such..i'm not sure on that). If inspection is an issue then don't get an ory. If you want to do the install on your own then just buy a package deal for the headers(headers and y pipe included) that's the safest route. If you want to save weight as c5z28 mentioned then just buy the headers w/ a X pipe and dump it b4 the rear axle(you'll get the most power this way). I think TSP offers a package like that but i'm not sure. Or get the Y pipe and dump it with or without a muffler.

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

ok so lets say i get the borla..if i dont get the borla y pipe an dget lets say the edelbrock then i would have to custome fit it??? it wouldnt just fit in??
    Last edited by Ws6islife; 01-30-2010 at 09:42 PM.

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

so i hear everybody talkin about "ebay headers" are these any good??

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

the edelbrock y pipe would fit right onto the borla catback and the rest of the stock piping just fine. the problem comes when you get long tube headers. That will require a custom fit in. the ebay ones are fine as long as they're stainless steel, I actually plan on buying a pair real soon. but don't use the shit paper liner that comes with it find something better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information