No tune.

This is a discussion on No tune. within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Ok so this is what I want to do. I want a small cam and longtubes with ORY. I want ...

01 ws6

No tune.

Ok so this is what I want to do. I want a small cam and longtubes with ORY. I want to hit this thing with a hidden n2o. I really like the this cars idle and mid RPM responce, I kinda want to keep that. Would an ls6 cam need a tune? What other cams might benifit this scenario? I don't even know if I can get a tune here. My goal is 11.50s, is this possible? Thanks in advance. 01 ws6

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Dallas, TX

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

it would be a huge mistake to install everything you said and not get a tune. a good tune alone would give you 20-40rwhp easily on top of the gains from the mods.

i strongly suggest that you do alot of research to the size and type of cam that you want (with supporting upgrades for the cam) that will compliment the NOS. check out TSP and look at their cam kits or call them and explain to them your goals and they can help make it happen
    2000 SS - The Wicked Witch: °°Cammed 'n Slammed°° 458rwhp/410rwtq
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie_girl30
    I was hoping to just hump her up the exhaust cause she is so damn sexy....
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

99 SS Vert M6

Your hurting your engines performance if you don't tune. You can adjust your idle lower for what you desire. If there is no one out there to tune then try a mail order tune where you send in your PCM. For optimum performance find a tuner tho. Even if it's a hundred miles away.

Thread Information