Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

need a quieter exaust

This is a discussion on need a quieter exaust within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by nativetalon How will that make it sound? I know it will be quieter. But will it keep ...

Medium Red Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by nativetalon View Post
    How will that make it sound? I know it will be quieter. But will it keep its deep tone. This is kinda my 1st experience with performance mufflers on a LS motor. Or almost any motor at all. I just want a smooth flow that will humm at 25 to 3500.
    Im not sure, but it would have to help with rasp and deepen the tone while being less restrictive than 2 cats. if i did it I wouldnt weld it until i got the tone i wanted (could drill some small holes in the new cat).

silver & black
    2000 TA 1979 TA

Also, what are your opinions on BORLA and CORSA exausts? And where can i find sound clips for MAGNAFLO and CORSA exaust systems? I kinda like the way the BORLA TOURING exaust sounds. But Borla sound clips are the ony ones i could find.

black
    2002 Trans-Am WS6 Vert

Also, what are your opinions on BORLA and CORSA exausts? And where can i find sound clips for MAGNAFLO and CORSA exaust systems? I kinda like the way the BORLA TOURING exaust sounds. But Borla sound clips are the ony ones i could find.
    I have the Corsa and it sounded really nice, maybe even a little too quiet. Then I put on my Kooks headers and ORY and holy crap it's loud. I'm thinking of buying the catted Y from Kooks to tone it down a little. I'm a convertible also and with the top down when I step on it it's painfully loud, not to mention very raspy. I have a cutout in the I pipe and can barely tell a difference when it's open vs the corsa. I think I read somewhere that the cats may only loose 5 hp, so to cut down on the rasp and reduce the fuel smell I think it will be worth it.

Black
    '98 Z28

http://www.ls1sounds.com/

+1 to Magnaflow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information