00SilverTAWS6

Need off-road y-pipe for ws6 stock manifolds

I am looking for an off-road y-pipe that will fit up to the stock exhaust manifolds on my 2000 trans-am ws6. Does anyone know who makes them and where I can get them?

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Why don't you install true duals with both pipes running down the passangers side, then over the axle, on through two straight through, noise cancelling mufflers (one on each side of the rear tub) and exit out the rear from beneath the bumper in the stock location rather than spending money to buy another stupid "Y" pipe? Your muffler shop can build you a true dual system as I described and it shouldn't be all that expensive. I can assure you that you would be a lot happier with a true dual system than you would be with another stupid "Y" system.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

I don't know of any that isn't only for headers. I do however know that I need a stock y-pipe. . . . .

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Just because you haven't heard of any does not mean that it can't be done. I have true duals that I and my muffler shop friend designed using the stock manifolds, stock cats., with both pipes, 2 1/2 inchers , going down the passanger side, then going over the axle through two straight, noise cancelling mufflers, one located on each side of the rear tub, and exiting out the rear from beneath the bumper in the stock location. I picked up about 15 horsepower over that stupid "Y" pipe system and I have more ground clearance. With the straight through, noise cancelling mufflers, the loudness is not present but that muscle car sound is. We did a great true dual exhaust system. With a little planning and thought, anyone can.
    Last edited by JEB; 12-15-2005 at 10:02 PM.

cedric85745
    by no means , a true dual set up over the axle is going to be cheap, thats cool if your shop can do it for a good price , but lots of places they ask over 800 to do a full true dual system with custom bends, mufflers install, running under the axle , etcc...
    the only thing is that most people do true dual with long tubes,
    it would seem to be pointless to me to get true dual on stock manifold , unless for the good sounds, etc...
    just get pacessetters long tubes ( 285$) and either get the texas speed ORY or have a good muffler shop fab you up one
    go over on ls1tech, people usually are really happy about that set up great if your on a budget
    hope this help
    PS you can also just gut your cats on your current stock Y pipe , it would work just as well, I imagine its mainly for sound anyway
    good luck

Red
    2000 SS

I am looking for the same thing for my car today... so far I have found

Bassani makes Off-road Y-pipes for the 2000-02 stock manifolds in both Aluminized $269.99, and stainless $329.99.

tbyrne motorsports has the Bassani, and another set up that is a little cheaper, but i am not sure of the brand. But i do like Stainless Steel. $239.99 and love Direct bolt on no modifications required

part# is LS12000CP Cat Bypass (Off-Road) - 2000-02 Camaro / Firebird * Note: Direct bolt on no modifications required 304 Stainless Steel. $239.99

2000 Camaro Z28

SLP makes one. Part #31035 $199.95

Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 00 Z28
    SLP makes one. Part #31035 $199.95
    Nope - not an off-road Y. I have had that one for 4 years & it bolts up to the cats.

http://www.lmperformance.com/713/1.html
    SLP's new Y-pipe is manufactured from mandrel-bent 2.5" stainless steel tubing, and is designed as a direct replacement for the factory pipe. This new Y-pipe attaches directly to your engine's factory catalytic converters and exhaust
    Hammer - hammertime.us
    2001 Light Pewter Metallic Camaro SS, 6 speed
    K&N, SLP Lid, SLP y-pipe, GMMG cat-back, Lou's Short Stick - more to come!

Thread Information