Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Need a little Z28 help...

This is a discussion on Need a little Z28 help... within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by squee Will do. From what I can tell though, EVERYTHING you need except the pumpkin is included ...

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    Will do. From what I can tell though, EVERYTHING you need except the pumpkin is included with the housing. It uses factory brakes and all. After shipping and everything on all of it, you can have a stout 9" Ford for right at $1500.
    are you sure it includes the axles in the housing? i wouldnt think it would...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Yup. Your choice of 31 or 35 spline QP or Moser. The company has them on Ebay.

Silver

Yup. Your choice of 31 or 35 spline QP or Moser. The company has them on Ebay.
    but remember you have to get 31 because 35 is only for the full spool

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Yea. The pumpkin I was looking at on Ebay is 31 spline so its all good as far as that goes. Just wish it was aluminum and not nodular iron...

Silver

Yea. The pumpkin I was looking at on Ebay is 31 spline so its all good as far as that goes. Just wish it was aluminum and not nodular iron...
    ew... yeah no way in hell would i buy that sorry man... but i must stick with aluminum

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Yea, I know what ya mean, but thats a hell of alot more money and can always be upgraded later...

Silver

Yea, I know what ya mean, but thats a hell of alot more money and can always be upgraded later...
    looks like i will just stick with assembled kits as the moser 9 inch from diff companies... you can pick one up for 2300-2600 shipped

Pewter
    2000 Camaro ss

Also, whats the best way around emissions? I know I'm gonna end up having to keep the cats, but the OBX headers have straight through cats anyway. I was also gonna block off the EGR, but will that show up on the test when they plug into the OBDII?
    Just to let you know, they dont come with cats. They are actually resonators, if you read this post people have some info on them
    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...ht=obx+headers

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    tires + rims being 18x10 you will be severely disapointed.... aka get those to get decent tires on 18's to hook... seriously... bad idea, someone on here could prove me wrong... but buy something nice like z06 rims or something in 17 all around... staggered is fun, but if you do 18x10 just dont expect to do street racing much,
    It's possible. I run 305/45-18 Nitto 555-R's and have trapped as fast as 125.2. So yeah, it's possible to hook decently with the right tires and suspension.
    Last edited by N20LT4; 04-14-2008 at 12:38 PM.
    486/438
    10.68/127 N/A

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    It's possible. I run 305/45-18 Nitto 555-R's and have trapped as fast as 125.2. So yeah, it's possible to hook decently with the right tires and suspension.
    exactly, like i said, its possible, and people have done it, but its not the best, it works for you, and props, thats a very fast and nice car, but its alot easier to strap a decent 17" tire on there and fly... or better yet a 15" rim...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

I think I'm gonna go with 18s solely for aesthetics if nothing else. Whats the widest I can go in the front without rubbing issues?

Silver

I think I'm gonna go with 18s solely for aesthetics if nothing else. Whats the widest I can go in the front without rubbing issues?
    from what i understand... front has plenty of room.. it will rub the back first...

10's N/A

exactly, like i said, its possible, and people have done it, but its not the best, it works for you, and props, thats a very fast and nice car, but its alot easier to strap a decent 17" tire on there and fly... or better yet a 15" rim...
    You are definitely right. It is easier to go with a smaller wheel/tire combo. Plus you don't have the excess weight out back like I do.

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    You are definitely right. It is easier to go with a smaller wheel/tire combo. Plus you don't have the excess weight out back like I do.
    yeup... but sometimes style can be done while not compromising performance too much, as long as he has a set of rims for the track, it will help his times a bit... and help his daily driveability

10's N/A

yeup... but sometimes style can be done while not compromising performance too much, as long as he has a set of rims for the track, it will help his times a bit... and help his daily driveability
    agreed!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Like I said, its not gonna see much of the drag strip, but will see some racing. I might occasionally bring it down to a road race course we have around here.

As far as rim width, whats the offset and width to go with? I want as wide as possible without them sticking out and they need to be same width front and rear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information