Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Need feedback on TSP true duals

I was doing some research all morning on cut outs and i came across these true duals, so i went to youtube and was seeing what they sounded like with the different muffler options, and i think i like the dnyomax bullets the best, so i think i changed my mind on the whole cut out idea and am just going to order this and get rid of that y pipe..
    Any neg feedback on these things like ground clearence etc..
    http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=196&catid=56

It notes "This exhaust system is not recommended for use with body-mount torque arms". What exactly does that mean? My torque arm is the BMR adjustable torque arm.. Are these going to work? And does anybody have any pics of these on their car?

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

Myself Love mine. May have seen my vid on Youtube. Texas speed true duals drive by, search for that see me fly by on a bridge. Do you have a long or short Torque arm? Think UMI Long torque arm fits with the duals. With a midwest chassis 9 inch with his special torque arm mount you can fit the duals

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

i dont really know, its a bmr adjustable torque arm. and i think i have seen it, is yours black? and dont you have a cam also?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatikgixxer View Post
    It notes "This exhaust system is not recommended for use with body-mount torque arms". What exactly does that mean? My torque arm is the BMR adjustable torque arm.. Are these going to work? And does anybody have any pics of these on their car?
    Hello, They are referring to the shorter torque arms that bolt into the tunnel area like this- www.umiperformance.com/2203 This type of torque arms will not clear the duals.

For the TSP true duals you want a full length torque arm which is a torque arm that mounts in the stock location like the factory torque arm. It sounds like that is what you have. We have tons of pictures of the TSP true duals in the two links below, check them out as I am sure they will help you!

UMI Torque arm w/ TSP true duals

and

TSP true duals installed

Hope that helps,
    Ryan

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

Ryan nice to see UMI as a sponsor overhere

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-OU285CVVk[/ame] [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpXblRXxCCY[/ame] here is my vids. made it because not to many ppl make videos of them ripin it up just idle clips. And yes i have a GM Hotcam. but love the way mine sounds at wot. but a cruiseing has a nice sound and is not that loud until wot.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

I love mine. Not too loud but loud enough for normal driving. It's pretty loud at WOT but sounds awesome. I installed mine myself and the only negative I have is I wish I had a bit more ground clearance but over all it's not much worse that any stock F-Body. I recommend the setup
    Y2K SS A4 Y2Y GU5: 12.96@106-SLP FLO PAC|P&P Stock TB | Pacesetter LT's | TSP Rumbler X Duals | B&M Trans Cooler | Rear Tubular LCA's w/ Relocation Brackets | Tubular PHB | SFC's | Diablo Sport Tuning

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

sweet, the vids are awesome it sounds great. And thanks for the links ryan the 2nd one was exactly what i wanted to see. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zmg00camaross View Post
    Ryan nice to see UMI as a sponsor overhere
    Thank you, it is good to be here!

sweet, the vids are awesome it sounds great. And thanks for the links ryan the 2nd one was exactly what i wanted to see. Thanks
    Glad to help, a picture says a thousand words sometimes.

Thanks again,
    Ryan

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

mind you tsp are dumps ..so you will have those two nice exhaust areas on your back bumper empty...that would drive some owners crazy (me included)

they look great with maro owners however (notice all who responded are camaro owners )

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    mind you tsp are dumps ..so you will have those two nice exhaust areas on your back bumper empty...that would drive some owners crazy (me included)

they look great with maro owners however (notice all who responded are camaro owners )
    ya i know, ive had my exhaust tips off before and i didnt think it looked too bad, does look awkward but doesnt bother me too much.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

So would these fit with the factory torque arms?
    I'm thinkin about buyin these and havin a shop make the piping to go over the axel and out the back with the magnaflow tips I have now.

That's the reason I didn't buy before. I like how tips look in the back of TA's

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird0230 View Post
    So would these fit with the factory torque arms?
    I'm thinkin about buyin these and havin a shop make the piping to go over the axel and out the back with the magnaflow tips I have now.

That's the reason I didn't buy before. I like how tips look in the back of TA's
    stock will clear.

Hang tips in there anyway, doesn't mean they have to function and it wouldn't be that hard to do

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Hang tips in there anyway, doesn't mean they have to function and it wouldn't be that hard to do
    no when i do duals it will be out the back. true duals

no when i do duals it will be out the back. true duals
    Ah okay I understand now. I thought you meant you didn't want to dump before the axle because of the tailpipe issue.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Ah okay I understand now. I thought you meant you didn't want to dump before the axle because of the tailpipe issue.
    Well that too ...I personally think dumps is a cop out imho..if your running a dedicated drag car I understand...but on the street...do it right and go out the back....on the birds.

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

I think dumps look awesome. Rolling behind my car and see the exhaust and the 9 inch looks badass to me. But do agree looks better on a camaro then a Trans am

I've dumped before the axle on a couple of street cars before years ago (my chevelle was a prime example). But exhaust systems have gotten so much better over the years that there is really no need to delete tailpipes anymore. I have the car running even faster now with tailpipes than I did with dumps, after a redesign of the system with 3 inch Torque Tech stuff. And it's a tad quieter inside the car now too. The best of both.

2009 zx6r

Quote Originally Posted by zmg00camaross View Post
    here is my vids. made it because not to many ppl make videos of them ripin it up just idle clips. And yes i have a GM Hotcam. but love the way mine sounds at wot. but a cruiseing has a nice sound and is not that loud until wot.
    souunndsss nassttyy

Thread Information