Black
    '01 Trans Am WS.6

Need build advice

I am already starting to plan my project for this winter and I would like to start picking up some parts. I currently don't have any work done to the stock motor but I do have my exhaust done. I already have a LG G5X1 cam waiting to go in and a set of Trick Flow 220 heads are next on the list. So what I'm looking for advice on is what intake/tb set up should I be looking for to get the most out of my h/c. I'm not sure if I should get the FAST 102 or just the 92. Is the bigger size going to do more harm than good? Is the bigger intake and tb really necessary for a stock cube motor? Do I need to get a bigger MAF to go with those (I've thought about getting an SD tune and eliminating that all together but not sure how difficult that is)? And also with picking up that much more power would I need to get bigger fuel injectors as well? I appreciate any input!

Thanks!
    '01 WS.6
    Kooks 1 7/8 LT's / TSP True Duals / UMI: SFC's, Front & Rear Sway Bars, STB / SLP Lid /
    MGW Shifter / Elite Engineering Catch Can / MSD Wires / Denso Iridiums
    '03 Avalanche
    4" Skyjacker / Grabber 33's / MBRP 3" Catback

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

You'll definitely need bigger injectors. I'd say probably around 42-lb. Your current injectors are 28-lb, assuming this is going on an LS1. There's online calculators that determine injector sizing based on estimated HP.

You'll probably pick up a few ponies going with the larger intake, but if a 92mm can be had for a lot less money, it's still a nice upgrade over the LS6 intake. Again, assuming your car is an 01/02. The stock intake will definitely be a restriction.

The stock MAF is good up to around 500HP is the word on the street. I'm running the OEM MAF with about 600 crank HP and have no issues using it. Most H/C/I guys keep the stock unit.

That should be a really nice combo when all said and done.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Black
    '01 Trans Am WS.6

Ya guess I should have said that it is an '01 LS1. I'm going to be buying new parts just because I'm picky and everywhere I've looked, the 92 and 102 are around the same price so I'll go for the bigger one. I have been reading that the stock MAF is a good piece but what I was wondering about is the size difference within the plumbing if you know what I mean. Going from the airbox lid to the MAF the to the TB. Do they all need to be the same size or can the smaller airbox lid and MAF lead into the larger TB mouth without any problems? Also thanks for the heads up on the injectors. I was figuring that too but just wanted a second opinion.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I would think a simple step-up bellows or Fernco coupling would work just fine going from the stock MAF to the TB.

Thread Information