Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

msd 8.5 wires

This is a discussion on msd 8.5 wires within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by GMS Fleet : My suggestion to you is if you are unhappy with the price one of ...

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by GMS Fleet View Post
    :

My suggestion to you is if you are unhappy with the price one of our dealers give, be sure to check out our other dealers that carry our product line. Summit Racing had our wires selling for $95 for quite some time, but they haven't stocked back up on them. If you want to request Summit to restock our wires at that price, promise them you'll buy our wires from them. Contact them either HERE or call their customer service at 1-800-517-1035 and request our wires.

chances are the reason they have not stocked up on them is because of low sales.
    Last edited by ninobrn99; 10-18-2006 at 08:16 PM. Reason: sponsor bashing

Quote Originally Posted by GMS Fleet View Post

OK, I'm at Magnecor's website and also looking at the wire test on this forum. Magnacor's wires have ohm readings MORE THAN 5 TIMES higher than the stock wire tested. Note that Magnecor constantly infers that low-resistance wires do nothing, but they never flat-out say that. Surely they would have made this statement very clear if their research proved all their competitors wrong. Instead, they attempt to market their product as superior quality. It's contradictory to infer their competitor's wires do nothing for performance yet they call their product competition racing wires.

Magnecor is correct that electricity is forced to travel on the surface of a conductor rather than the inner core. That's why our Granatelli wires have a silver plating on its outer core, the best conductor known. Kevlar to my knowledge is not a good conductor, but is tensile. Granatelli wires' inner core is stainless steel for strength. We do not use Kevlar, but other companies do. When you are reading conductivity with an ohm meter and see 0 ohms for our wires, it is because of silver and the lack of EMI radiation thanks to our patented RFI/EFI ring. You will always have superior conductivity compared to other wire designs because of the materials we use.

Thanks for the response. The 5 times higher is what led to my questions. Magnecor had suggested that the sparse outer windings in many of the other wires was a cause for the low resistance readings. My main objective was to find out if the masked resistance was also related to the Granatelli wires. Your explanaition has cleared that up.

A couple final questions: How does the RFI/EFI ring protect the electronics from EMI? How long are Granatelli wires/EFI ring effective (years/miles)?

Thank-you

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    chances are the reason they have not stocked up on them is because of low sales.
    Last edited by ninobrn99 : Yesterday at 10:16 PM. Reason: sponsor bashing

lol, nino. i was just giving a dose of truth, ill play nice
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

black
    2002 WS6

I look at it this way, a gain is a gain, every bit helps. A little adds up overtime

1)as you should know, no two pulls are alike, moot point for youre h.p gain

2)seat of the pants feel can be in a persons head if he believes it enough.
    plug wires arent going to gain even a tenth on the track unless the old ones were just that, old and shitty or arcing.

3)you work for a tuner/hotrod seller, you have to plug what pays youre checks

4) ive been hot rodding for 20 years and have learned one thing, whatever claims are made by the company making or selling the part, cut the claimed h.p gain in half and thats the true gain.

if someone wants to spend way more than needed on plug wires, they deserve to be taken.
    1) As you can hear on that video, we dynoed the Z06 3 times to be sure we had accurate stock numbers. You will only see 1-2 HP & tq. differences maybe on pulls during operating temperature. As you should know being involved in hot rodding for 2 decades, 11 RWHP and 17 lb/ft torque does not appear out of nowhere. If dynos were that innacurate to measure power gains, it wouldn't be world-renowned for it. Ours is a 1800 RWHP, AWD compatible Mustang dynamometer and is extremely accurate on its readings even in the 1000+ HP range.

2) If you don't believe in dyno numbers, track times, or personal experience measuring power gains then I don't know what to tell you.

3) Like I said before, in and out of work you'll still hear positive experiences I've seen with our wires. If you don't believe in what I'm saying then ask someone who owns our wires and has no bias or affiliation with the automotive industry.

4) Yes many companies exaggerate their claims, but if you see dynos after dynos matching their claim then you should feel comfortable with what they promise.

We have sold thousands of wires in the past few years they have been in the market. My beef is that I can't believe people still claim our competitor has a better product and we can significantly expand our market if our consumers have a clear view of what their buying. You don't buy a car without checking under the hood...know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by LS1-450 View Post
    Thanks for the response. The 5 times higher is what led to my questions. Magnecor had suggested that the sparse outer windings in many of the other wires was a cause for the low resistance readings. My main objective was to find out if the masked resistance was also related to the Granatelli wires. Your explanaition has cleared that up.

A couple final questions: How does the RFI/EFI ring protect the electronics from EMI? How long are Granatelli wires/EFI ring effective (years/miles)?

Thank-you
    No masking here. What you see is what you get. I feel they exaggerated on inferior quality in that article way too much. They used a scare tactic to increase their sales, which works for them. Our method to increase sales is to tell the truth.

Our RFI/EMI ring routes any possible interference that got through the wire to the course of the spark plug. This way, any interference is collected and directed away from other electronics. So far I haven't heard any customer complaints about the rings failing. It should be possible to re-charge those rings, and if that doesn't work, there's a limited lifetime warranty.

lol, nino. i was just giving a dose of truth, ill play nice
    I have no problems answering questions, but please be considerate. You won't find any other company on these forums because they don't want to risk their reputation. Granatelli Motor Sports has a different mindset and we're not afraid of risking our reputation on the forums.

[QUOTE=GMS Fleet;436855]1)
    No masking here. What you see is what you get. I feel they exaggerated on inferior quality in that article way too much. They used a scare tactic to increase their sales, which works for them. Our method to increase sales is to tell the truth.

Our RFI/EMI ring routes any possible interference that got through the wire to the course of the spark plug. This way, any interference is collected and directed away from other electronics. So far I haven't heard any customer complaints about the rings failing. It should be possible to re-charge those rings, and if that doesn't work, there's a limited lifetime warranty.[Quote]

Thanks for the reply. My PCM is inches away from plugs 6 & 8; should be a good test for the RFI/EMI ring.

nhraformula,

Count me in as one of the someone's who deserves to be taken for wanting to spend way more than needed on plug wires; oh, and heads, cams, intake, exhaust, suspension parts, wheels, tires, brakes. It's all about enjoying life.....one dollar @ a time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information