Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Modified my exhaust but unsure if its safe???

This is a discussion on Modified my exhaust but unsure if its safe??? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED Again-simple assumptions made by you with no evidence whatsoever. And seat of the pants is evidence? ...

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    Again-simple assumptions made by you with no evidence whatsoever.
    And seat of the pants is evidence?
    I do not have a comparison of a Loudmouth to a Borlamouth because they are too similar.
    This is like comparing two mufflers that are similar in design. One is a 14" and the other is a 18". Of course the longer muff is gonna muffle the sound more. That is all that you have proven. You did not in anyway fell a difference.

Metalic Navy Blue
    2001 Camaro Z28

yea I did mine a while back like that but the cats
    went out it was a loud pop, so if your going to do all that might as well
    ditch the cats. with headers no muffs and cats sound awesome
    www.fquick.com/dillard99
    SLP Lid,SLP Ram Induction,SLP Elbows,Headers Pacesetters Coated LT's, True Dual 3"Custom Pipes No Muffs /Cats,Put Me @ 346hp 358Tq Next TSP's
    Magic3 237in/242ex 112lsa SLP Underdrive,dual timing,Slp Oil Pump, Sphon Sway Bars,6point Roll Cage,Trick Flows =450+rwhp "Sold"

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    And seat of the pants is evidence?
    I do not have a comparison of a Loudmouth to a Borlamouth because they are too similar.
    This is like comparing two mufflers that are similar in design. One is a 14" and the other is a 18". Of course the longer muff is gonna muffle the sound more. That is all that you have proven. You did not in anyway fell a difference.
    You are the guy crying about me not having documented proof by way of dyno or 0-60 ft. times It would seem to me the guy that was doing all the crying about having legit proof wouldnt cry about it and then make several assumptions with zero proof now would it? But I guess I am wrong again hahahahahaha.

***and you say they are too similar is why you cant get proof? Ok if you say so. Looking inside the Borla it has several baffles where the LM has NONE. Thats why the LM is 4" round and the Borla is 5" round.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

You are the guy crying about me not having documented proof by way of dyno or 0-60 ft. times It would seem to me the guy that was doing all the crying about having legit proof wouldnt cry about it and then make several assumptions with zero proof now would it? But I guess I am wrong again hahahahahaha.

***and you say they are too similar is why you cant get proof? Ok if you say so. Looking inside the Borla it has several baffles where the LM has NONE. Thats why the LM is 4" round and the Borla is 5" round.
    Whos crying? You are all bent outta shape. I am calm and having a discussion with you and anyone else who has an opinion. Stop being so defensive, you'll live longer having not beat up your keyboard. Go unsubscribe once again.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Once again, there is not enough of a difference for you to be able to feel it.

I have done so many dyno tests on chambered mufflers compared to straight through design mufflers that the only difference was a couple of horsepower. Once again, you will not feel it.

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Can we please keep it civil in here? You saw how I blew up on nhraformula. Just end the BS now and continue discussion.

Personally, If I had to chose a style of muffler out of the 4 you can use on the loudmouth system (Shotgun, LM2, XR-1, Dynomax Bullet) I would have to say the XR-1. The dynomax is to uncontrolled IMO and the SLP's are just rediculous pipes stuck in between.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Oh, I am civil.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I felt the differance hahahahahahaha. I have an internal dynometer.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Oh, I am civil.
    Yeah real civil pming me like a child and calling me a bunch of names because I didnt agree with you. Yeah.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

But anyways I heard a hooker aerochamber cat back and it sounded really good as well. I dont know how well they flow but it sure sounded good. I think they are priced pretty low too.

Jesus died to save you! Killer_bluebird's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

Ok here is my dyno with a lid, K&N and 160 stat (the difference in peak number had to do with Hypercrap programmer, first run with it, second run without it, third run without it after a short cool down)

Here is the same car with Stock manifolds, 2.5" ORY and a borlamouth (which is straigh trough like the LM resonator.)

If you look at the 2500rpm area they both start at 320 rwtq. Only peak torque changed between the two dyno runs.

I rest my case!

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

interesting

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Hmm without a doubt it was a smart move to uninstall that hypertech programmer's tuning. I did the same thing on a hunch a couple weeks ago. So what is your overall gut feeling with the Borlamouth after running this?

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_bluebird View Post
    Ok here is my dyno with a lid, K&N and 160 stat (the difference in peak number had to do with Hypercrap programmer, first run with it, second run without it, third run without it after a short cool down)
    Click for full size

Here is the same car with Stock manifolds, 2.5" ORY and a borlamouth (which is straigh trough like the LM resonator.)
    Click for full size
    If you look at the 2500rpm area they both start at 320 rwtq. Only peak torque changed between the two dyno runs.

I rest my case!
    The Borla has baffles inside it and is more constrictive then the LM resonator-do the same test with a LM resonator which is a straight thru 4" pipe and get back to me. Your dyno doesnt prove anything-I plainly said the Borla didnt decrease torque -the LM resonator did.

You rest your case huh? hahahahaha get a life dude.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

You are really out of control, sir.

Brandon was just trying to explain that a better flowing exhaust won't decrease your torque. If it felt better to you then thats your opinion, but if you dyno'd the car back to back you would see that the torque numbers did not go down at all. They probably increased if anything.

There is no need to be so hostile.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Vertibird54 View Post
    So what is your overall gut feeling with the Borlamouth after running this?
    A louder car always makes you feel faster than you are! ask ricers?

The Borla has baffles inside it and is more constrictive then the LM resonator-do the same test with a LM resonator which is a straight thru 4" pipe and get back to me. Your dyno doesnt prove anything-I plainly said the Borla didnt decrease torque -the LM resonator did.

You rest your case huh? hahahahaha get a life dude.

So you are saying that this is just as restrictive as my stock catback with catalytic converters! Yeah right.
    2000 NBM Camaro Z28
    Mods:
    SLP Lid & K&N, AHR Headers + 3" catted Y and Mangaflow, !EGR, !AIR, BMR CM STB, ST Front 35mm and Hellwig Adj. Rear 22mm Swaybar, Adj. Rod/Rod PHB, Koni SA's, Ground Control Springs & Adj. Ride height, and HPTuners.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    You are really out of control, sir.

Brandon was just trying to explain that a better flowing exhaust won't decrease your torque. If it felt better to you then thats your opinion, but if you dyno'd the car back to back you would see that the torque numbers did not go down at all. They probably increased if anything.

There is no need to be so hostile.
    I was much more courteous to that guy then he was me. He PMed me talking alot of smack and insulting me therefore I have o respect for him.
    Peroid.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_bluebird View Post
    A louder car always makes you feel faster than you are! ask ricers?

Click for full size
    So you are saying that this is just as restrictive as my stock catback with catalytic converters! Yeah right.
    Did I say that? I dont think so. Why is it so important to you to prove me wrong? hahahahahaha Thats sad. Get a life.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

I'm not here to prove you wrong, heck half of the time I'm wrong (you don't see me getting all bothered about it). Anyway I was just posting actual data instead of "saying my butt told me so" and therefore all other data is wrong.

Anyway I've made my point so I'm done.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Damn-I didnt know I was bothered about anything-thanks for letting me know I was bothered. And your dyno sheet proved zero as far as I can see. If you have a dyno sheet comparing a LM muffler and a Borla xr1 with the exact same mods(not a ory in one and not the other etc.) then I would say hey-you are right-I was wrong- but thats not the case is it? The funny thing is-even if you were right and I was wrong so what??? who really gives a fk?
    You guys are so worried about being right and proving everyone wrong its hillarious-hell on another thread I had NHRA trying to give me shit because I said I prefer Borla-like I am not allowed to have an opinion. I find this all really entertaining.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information