Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 79

Modified my exhaust but unsure if its safe???

This is a discussion on Modified my exhaust but unsure if its safe??? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; What ever you say. hahahahaa I do real world tests. I am right you are wrong....

  1. #21
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,328

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    What ever you say. hahahahaa I do real world tests. I am right you are wrong.

  2. #22
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,328

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    Do you work for mythebusters?? gtfoutta here.

  3. #23
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    i never felt any low end loss of power when i did headers.
    I was referring to cutouts and straight pipes - not headers.

  4. #24
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    Do you work for mythebusters?? gtfoutta here.
    That was fuckin stupid! Take it to the PM's!

  5. #25
    down in it 310stanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    nj
    Age
    35
    Posts
    10,976

    white
    90 Mustang 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    The fact is I dont care who does what-I lost torq and I could feel it period. Thats a FACT.
    I guess the SLP LM gives you 25+ HP like they say too huh? I dont think so. Of course an exhaust company isnt going to admit there is a downfall to buying their exhaust.
    except for that Bran doesnt work for SLP.

  6. #26
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,328

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    All you e buddies are hilarious! hahahahaha

  7. #27
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    All you e buddies are hilarious! hahahahaha
    Stop calling people names and making jokes and prove your seat of the pants opinion!

  8. #28
    down in it 310stanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    nj
    Age
    35
    Posts
    10,976

    white
    90 Mustang 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    All you e buddies are hilarious! hahahahaha
    yea the professional test equipment at a shop doesnt compare to your butt meter. thats a good point. bran make sure you tell your boss to get rid of the flowbenchs, all the measuring devices, they were a waste of money cause breakneckspeed's butt meter is way more accurate

  9. #29
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    BORLA XR-1 Race muffler 5" round x 15" long. It sounds so awsome! I am very happy with it. It provides just enough backpressure In my opinion. I was actually to the point where I was gonna cut the slp loudmouth off and buy a different cat back exhaust. I am so glad I didnt have to do that and waste money. They make them in many different dimensions to fit your application. Here is a link to the cheapest place I found them at + they dont charge shipping! http://www.performancecenter.com/pro...acing+Mufflers

    Here is the page of muffler choices:http://www.performancecenter.com/pro...Mufflers/0/0/0
    I am sure that muffler flows the same or better cfm

  10. #30
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Come on guys, let's be real - and honest. You don't have to be either Einstein or a machine to know if your car is lacking on the bottom or not. While seats of the pants can be fooling sometimes, in this case there is an exception. Anyone who knows their car can feel the difference.

  11. #31
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,328

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    No dude-you cant tell lol-just like the guy above cant tell his car feels stronger on a cold morning hahahahaha. I am done. I will just put it like this-in my car I could feel the difference-even though it wasnt a huge difference there was a diference. I since-have put on a more restrictive muffler then the LM resonator(which isnt hard) and I feel much better low end torque. Thats just my opinion-and like I said before-I dont need track times or dynos or blah blah blah to feel a difference. My car is stock-on a high hp motor I am sure a LM resonator would make no difference-it may even make more torque on said motor.

  12. #32
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V


  13. #33
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,328

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    I cant read what this guy says for some reason ^ hmmmm

  14. #34
    ...going to the darkside gspfunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dallas
    Age
    41
    Posts
    34
    I'm not trying to get in the middle of the e-battle, but backpressure is a myth. It is a word used to deal w/ the reality of exhaust velocity.

    Increasing the diameter of your piping and removing restrictions such as cats and chambered mufflers can decrease your exhaust velocity. The most ideal setup would be to find the balance between straight pipes and the correct diameter exhaust. No restrictions + Higher exhaust velocity = better power.

    This changes w/ power levels b/c the motor is producing more exhaust. On a 500rwhp motor, 3" true duals might be necessary for optimal HP/TQ thru out the powerband. Putting that same 3" true dual setup on a close-to-stock LS1 will probably give you some HP, but cost you low-end TQ.


    I'm not sure I explained it 100% correctly, but hopefully someone else can add to what I may have left off/misinterpreted....Now my brain hurts.

  15. #35
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by gspfunk View Post
    I'm not trying to get in the middle of the e-battle, but backpressure is a myth. It is a word used to deal w/ the reality of exhaust velocity.

    Increasing the diameter of your piping and removing restrictions such as cats and chambered mufflers can decrease your exhaust velocity. The most ideal setup would be to find the balance between straight pipes and the correct diameter exhaust. No restrictions + Higher exhaust velocity = better power.

    This changes w/ power levels b/c the motor is producing more exhaust. On a 500rwhp motor, 3" true duals might be necessary for optimal HP/TQ thru out the powerband. Putting that same 3" true dual setup on a close-to-stock LS1 will probably give you some HP, but cost you low-end TQ.
    I'm not sure I explained it 100% correctly, but hopefully someone else can add to what I may have left off/misinterpreted....Now my brain hurts.
    Correction: It's a term to describe exhaust velocity, not a myth.

  16. #36
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Come on guys, let's be real - and honest. You don't have to be either Einstein or a machine to know if your car is lacking on the bottom or not. While seats of the pants can be fooling sometimes, in this case there is an exception. Anyone who knows their car can feel the difference.
    No!

    If the Borla muffler did in fact gain back lost bottom end, it would only be like 2-3 lb. ft. , which you would not be able to feel, not even SEAT OF THE PANTS!!

  17. #37
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,328

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    I am sure that muffler flows the same or better cfm
    Why because you say so?
    It weird how you can make alligations about things with no evidence and we are supposed to take your word for it. Strange.

  18. #38
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,328

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    No!

    If the Borla muffler did in fact gain back lost bottom end, it would only be like 2-3 lb. ft. , which you would not be able to feel, not even SEAT OF THE PANTS!!
    Again-simple assumptions made by you with no evidence whatsoever.

  19. #39
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,328

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    You guys have fun-I am unsubscribed-Have a nice day!

  20. #40
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    47
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    Why because you say so?
    It weird how you can make alligations about things with no evidence and we are supposed to take your word for it. Strange.

    talk about no evidence,


    Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    On my car the slp LM bullet(pretty much a straight pipe) decreased my torq. I could feel it big time. I put a diff muffler on and it feels right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    BORLA XR-1 Race muffler 5" round x 15" long. It sounds so awsome! I am very happy with it. It provides just enough backpressure In my opinion
    Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    I agree fully. And I dont need a fkin dyno to tell the difference either.
    Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    The fact is I dont care who does what-I lost torq and I could feel it period. Thats a FACT.
    .
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. So I modified my SLP LMII exhaust.......
    By BlackPearl in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-06-2012, 10:21 PM
  2. Obama unsure over first terrorist battlefield
    By 1MileCrash in forum Political / Debate Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 07:34 PM
  3. rims?????what will fit unsure
    By 2000ls1tranz in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-26-2009, 09:32 AM
  4. 01 LS1 WS 6 Modified
    By Stumper in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2007, 01:56 PM
  5. still unsure about "See you on the Other Side"
    By Ice Spiral in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-13-2006, 02:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •