Red
    1994 Pontiac Firebird

Missing part of Texas Rumbler Exhaust?

Hey guys, i have a 3.4 liter v6 1994 Firebird. I ordered the 3'' Texas Speed Rumbler Exhaust form the website. I just got back from Midas and they said that I am missing a piece of the exhaust. I have 4 pieces and the clamps. I am missing the part that cnnects the catalytic converter to the muffler/resonater. It's a relatively small piece, but yet I still need it. Can anyone confirm that I'm missing this piece before I call them? Whaaaats going on?

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Holy Shit! U R putting that system on a 3.4 ~!

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

Did you order the catback or the true duals? No cats for true duals. I looked at the website and it looks like there is only 4 pieces to the cat back in the pic.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

Navy blue Metallic
    2002 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Holy Shit! U R putting that system on a 3.4 ~!
    little rude to act like that when someone comes here for help trying to learn something from the other members of the forum, dont you think??? The reason I like this forum so much is because of how understanding and respectful MOST of the members are when people have questions.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 02nbmvert View Post
    little rude to act like that when someone comes here for help trying to learn something from the other members of the forum, dont you think??? The reason I like this forum so much is because of how understanding and respectful MOST of the members are when people have questions.
    It was a question, DUDE! I have never heard of anyone putting that system on a 6! I think it would sound cool!
    Last edited by 9t8z28; 07-14-2007 at 08:32 AM.

Navy blue Metallic
    2002 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    It was a question, DUDE! I have never heard of anyone putting that system on a 6! I think it would sound cool!
    Sorry if I misunderstood the nature of your post. If thats truly all you were implying, I suppose i also misunderstand the nature of you're downright rude and ignorant PM reguarding my opinion. I'm glad you feel entitled to look down on others due to your post count being higher! Lets stop hijacking this thread now so people with useful opinions can offer their advice.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 02nbmvert View Post
    Sorry if I misunderstood the nature of your post. If thats truly all you were implying, I suppose i also misunderstand the nature of you're downright rude and ignorant PM reguarding my opinion. I'm glad you feel entitled to look down on others due to your post count being higher! Lets stop hijacking this thread now so people with useful opinions can offer their advice.
    Thats to bad, aint it!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

no sense in letting this get out of hand guys. Larger things in life to worrry about.

I can't get the pic at the website to enlarge but it looks like the resonator hooks directly to the Y-pipe. I'm not familiar with the 3.4 exhaust but it sounds like it's all there. What kind of shop is installing this? 40 year old guys or 18 year old guys doing the work? I tend to lean toward the 40 year olds but sometimes they can get you to because they only know carburetor cars.

Red
    1994 Pontiac Firebird

Thanks for all the replys guys. A local shop was finally able to hook me up with what I needed. He just took part of my old exhaust and bent the pipe as it needed to fit. Didn't charge me for it and saved me about $40. Anyway, I got it installed and it sounds AWESOME! I'm going to put a video/sound clip of it up later.

Oh and it was sweet because I had been around five or six different shops and they all said they couldn't help me, and then I just went to one last place which i thought was pretty run down. The guy said he could help me out no problem, and he even installed it that very second. He let me watch him install and ask questions and stuff so it was cool.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

you learned a valuable lesson here whether you realize it or not. If you go to any shop and they say they can't help you then evidently they're making plenty of money and don't need your business. I hope you remember this "run down" shop and send him some business from time to time. I like to see guys like that be successful.
    Case in point.
    When I was in high school I had a 75 olds. I wanted to put dual exhaust on it. I took it to a shop and they said because of drivers side clearance problems they couldn't do it so I went to a mom and pop shop and asked them and also asked if they could turn it out in front of the back tires. The guy said "Son, I can turn in out in front of the front tires if that's how you want it." Price to get duals ran from the manifolds back including mufflers? $100 For $100 this guy done exactly what I wanted to have done and over the next few years I sent him 5 times that much in business.

Red
    1994 Pontiac Firebird

Yeh i will definitely recommend him. He gave me a lot of business cards to hand out haha.

Thread Information