Midtubes

This is a discussion on Midtubes within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I want to get some Pacesetter mids to put on the SS, because of ground clearance. Are there any retailers ...

Fairies Drive Imports camaro_five0's Avatar

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Midtubes

I want to get some Pacesetter mids to put on the SS, because of ground clearance. Are there any retailers that sell the mids WITH the intermediate pipe to connect to the cats?

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

fyi, pacesetter long tubes tuck up perfect. you wont have any clearance problems with them.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

Dif Between Mid-Tube and Shorty

Look in this same section for a thread I started some time back Dif Between Mid-Tube and Shorty. Pacesetter does not make mids in the pure sense that I am aware of.
    2000 Z28 M6, SLP Lid, SLP Bellows, SLP UD,
    P&P Maf, TB By-Pass, PS Shorties, LS6 Intake, FAST 78mm TB, Hooker CB, Hurst Billet, Front Tower Brace, small 218/218....527/527....114 cam.
    337rwhp/348rwtq

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

MAC makes a header thats mid length and comes as a kit with cats......cheap to.......believe most places sell it for 699....about the same price as pacesetters though...if not a lil more and theyll give u a lil better gains

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

My Mac y pipe hung lower than my current long tube set up. Put cats in the middle of it and it'd be a little worse. Ground clearance shouldn't be a factor in choosing a header system.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

I think I only paid $379 for my pacesetter longtubes plus shipping, no ground clearance problems with the headers,....now my TSP Tru-duals is another story. they on the other hand are pretty low, but as tight as I can get them. lol. I love em anyway.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

black w/ ghost stripes
    02 ws6

I also have the MAC setup and my Y causes lots of ground clearance issues. cars lowered which doesnt help but oh well. heard some good things about the pacesetters

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

I have pacesetter lt's and ory and i havent had any ground clearence issues. I also know a shop localy that can hook you up with an inspec sticker. If your gonna spend the cash i would reccomend lt's.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by 89LX View Post
    Look in this same section for a thread I started some time back Dif Between Mid-Tube and Shorty. Pacesetter does not make mids in the pure sense that I am aware of.
    ^^^ Pacesetter calls their shorties "mids" for some reason...anything that bolts to stock cats is a shortie

ban-one
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler99WS6 View Post
    I think I only paid $379 for my pacesetter longtubes plus shipping, no ground clearance problems with the headers,....now my TSP Tru-duals is another story. they on the other hand are pretty low, but as tight as I can get them. lol. I love em anyway.
    thats the same set up i am going to get. is it really low? cause ive seen pictures and it seems awful low but it sounds awesome. how bad does it scrape? how bad is interior drone?
    thanks

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

If you are talking PS Shorties they bolt right up and ground clearance is not an issue. No drone at all.

ban-one
    nah. lt's and tsp true duals.

Thread Information