Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Magnaflow vs. SLP catback opinions

This is a discussion on Magnaflow vs. SLP catback opinions within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; That has to be catless. My camera mic isn't the greatest, but this vid is with the stock catted Y ...

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

That has to be catless. My camera mic isn't the greatest, but this vid is with the stock catted Y and manifolds right after I installed the Magnaflow system. She barks a bit more now with the LT's and high flow cats though, plus I added a cutout which is by far my favorite part of the exhaust.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

No speakers at the moment so i can't hear the clip of the fresh installed magnaflow. though i'm sure the clip on the magnaflow website is fairly similar. Too bad they don't have any WOT clips on their site. I recorded a clip of how badly I need a new muffler. it sounds like this

It'd be nice to order the magnaflow now and get it in maybe next week because I can't keep driving with that racket every time i stop.

Rich knows what my car sounded like before the clanging started. I'd like something just as loud.

Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6

In my opinion the magnaflow is way to quite for my taste

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

found the 16723 cat back on ebay for 599 shipped. pretty amazing price i think. There's another guy selling it for 550 but makes a hell of a point that delivery times are vague but you WILL get your parts.... doesn't sound too kosher to me so i sent an email to the other guy asking if they could get them to NY by the weekend. I might just pull the trigger on this if they get back to me and say yes. Of course i'll instantly be thinking Y and headers to keep the volume where i want it if I do go for this.

white
    1999 Trans Am

for my money its magnaflow, I love the note i get from it, nice low rumble at idle that will not bust your ear drums but when you get on it it sounds like you released hell, and i have cats which quiets the exhaust a lot.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

I bought the magnaflow 16723 kit. The one with quad tips like pajeffs car. should arrive in the mail some time next week. might just unbolt the muffler till then heh heh.
    Magnaflow cat back, adj KYB's, 3 point SFC's, STB, LCA reloc, adj LCA's, SLP lid, Fernco bellows, Strano Springs, Drag Bags, Tick adj Master cylinder, Monster stage3 clutch, speed bleeder, Billet flywheel, MGW shifter, !CAGS

Black/Black/Black
    2000 Camaro SS Vert #5301

Mine had the SLP dual/dual when I bought it new. It's quiet at idle, but really screams at WOT. I do wish it was deeper at idle though.
    2000 SS vert, #5301, triple black, A4, leather, 3.23,SLP lid & D/D, STB, chrome 5 spokes
    USN '64-'88
    #3 1951-2001

www.fquick.com/planemech2

2000 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    I bought the magnaflow 16723 kit. The one with quad tips like pajeffs car. should arrive in the mail some time next week. might just unbolt the muffler till then heh heh.
    Muahahaha, I just bought one for $542 also. Are they normally this cheap or what? Everywhere I have seen, $700-$750 has been the going price for the 16723 Magnaflow cat-back exhaust systems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information