White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Magnaflow or Hooker ?

Well i use to have Magnaflow on my 93Z and before installing the headers i really didnt like the sound because it just wasnt loud enough at all. After putting a cut out and shorty headers it sounded very nice and loved the deep sound. The thing is my Hooker muffler i have now sounded awesome with exhaust cut out open with the cat on the car. After removing the cat ive been told a few times by one of my friends that it sounds way too loud and raspy.

I was expecting loud and some rasp but the way he makes it sound is that its the worst souding car he has ever heard. Im gonna install LT's soon with ORY and wondering if its gonna sound much worse according to him and now i have doubts and i think it might sound really bad with LT's. What do you guys think, should i stick with Hooker or just swap mufflers and go to Magnaflow? Does my car sound ok, im looking for power not exactly the best sounding car but something that sounds decent would be acceptable and i dont know if my car sounds ok or not since i get bashed alot by a couple of friends. I put up a couple of vids, id rather get opinions from people who actuallly drive these cars and are knowledgable.

Last edited by karpetcm; 03-18-2010 at 12:09 PM.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

Thread Information