Pewter
    1999 Camaro

Magnaflow exhaust

I have a 99 3.8 liter camaro and im looking for a better sound and some extra horsepower. I found a magnaflow exhaust system brand new on ebay for $430.00. Ok so here are my questions.
    Is that a good price?
    How much of a gain in horsepower could I expect?
    How do you think it would sound on a V-6?
    And my last question is with purchase they offer either a Free High Flow Catalytic Converter or K&N Air Filter which would be better to get and add more horses?

sebring silver
    2000 z28

430 for a magnaflow exhaust, don,t do it, i am taking my car to my local muffler shop and they are going to weld me up a magnaflow for only 170. i am taking to car in friday so if you want to wait i will tell you how it is after i get it, also i am going to test the muffler at the drag strip, first i ran a 13.5 then got the slp cai, ran a 13.1, hopefully the muffler will drop me down to 12.9, wont know till next tuesday, my friend had a flowmaster on his 3.4 camaro, sounded good for a v6,

save your money and have a shop do it and paint the mig welds

Pewter
    1999 Camaro

Im not getting it yet so yeah definatley let me know how it is. For the $430.00 its not just a muffler though im getting the whole system (mine is stock now). It comes with a Muffler -- 2.5" Tubing -- 3.5" Tips -- and all hardware. Heres a link to the ebay auction if you want to see what im talking about. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...temZ8063383656

Black
    1998 Formula

430$ isnt a bad price for the whole system and you get a catalytic converter which is like 50$. I think its a good deal. And dont worry about sound, it will sound good up until 3000 rpm and then sound like poo afterwards, thats the case with most v6's. When I had my 3.4 L Firebird I had the Magnaflow Cat and Flowmaster 80 series and it sounded awesome up until 3000 rpm. But Flowmaster on a 3.8 is a

Pewter
    1999 Camaro

I had a flowmaster on my first 3.8 liter camaro and it sounded ok but now im looking for a better sound and some extra horsepower and I figure magnaflow would be alot better than flowmaster. Thanks for the info. Anyone know what kind of horsepower gain I could expect on a v6? On a Ls1 it says it gets like 13.4 horses or something like that.

sebring silver
    2000 z28

most people claim about 9hp with magnaflow, and maro99 that is a preety sweet looking exhaust system, a shop can do the same for for about 280 where i live and that includes welded and painted exhaust with tips, if you have to money go with it, if you want to save a little and get an intake as well then talk to an exhaust shop

Pewter
    1999 Camaro

Thanks ill check into that. This is the intake I plan on getting http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K-N-F...spagenameZWD1V on the k&n website they say it will give you 7 rwhp.

sebring silver
    2000 z28

i just got my car back and it sounds bi#chen, i am going to the track next tuesday to see how my times improved, also the guy said it had a flowmaster on it, i thought it was a little loud than the factory, well this is good because a lot of people say flowmaster isn't as great as magnaflow, well i am going to test it. If the magnaflow really is a whole lot better then i should be able to get at least a .1 gain RIGHT?

Will get back

silver
    2000 camaro ss

ha, icant wait to hear the results on this.

pewter
    2000 TA WS6

You really can't go wrong with manaflow. I have it on my WS6 and I love it. Not sure how it will sound on v6. Kinda quiet at idol, but once you get on it, it sound bad ass.As far as HP gain, honestly I didn't notice too much, It seems like more torque though. I paid 400.00 from one of the shops on the right , don't remember which one. Do some research and you might find a good deal good luck. Joe.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28

I bought my Magnaflow exhaust from ls1speed.com for $419 shipped

sebring silver
    2000 z28

well i went to the track and tested the magna flow, it is pretty much the same performance as the flowmaster, it was a very hot night so i was running a little slower than usual 13.6 compared to my best 13.1, well by the end of the night it did drop down to 13.3, stll hot night with half tank of gas and spare and jack in back, it is hard to say since the conditions werent the same, but i do know that heat does kill your time, so my next mode will be a 160 thermo with programer to delete codes and set fan at lower temp, also stiffen tranny shifts, ect.

SILVER
    1999 CAMARO SS

I wouldn't spend the cash on the magnaflow for a 3.8. I would go to a shop and have something manufactured for a lot less.

i have a magnaflow on my ss and it sounds sweet
    Whisper Lid/SLP HarmonicBalancer/MAFTranslator/DiabloTuner A-Pillar Gauges (Aem Uego A/F,Trans Temp, D-Pic)Magnaflow CB w/CME Tips/ Eibach Pro Kit/ Brembo Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors/ H.I.D.Kit

Pewter
    1999 Camaro

If I ghad them manufacture one for me do you think I would get about the same hp gain as I would if I bought a magnaflow?

SILVER
    1999 CAMARO SS

depends if the shop you take it too has a mandrel bender. most commercial shops dont carry those types of machines. so i would say no you wouldnt see as much of a hp gain if you got it professionally done.

Quote Originally Posted by Maro99
    I have a 99 3.8 liter camaro and im looking for a better sound and some extra horsepower. I found a magnaflow exhaust system brand new on ebay for $430.00. Ok so here are my questions.
    Is that a good price?
    How much of a gain in horsepower could I expect?
    How do you think it would sound on a V-6?
    And my last question is with purchase they offer either a Free High Flow Catalytic Converter or K&N Air Filter which would be better to get and add more horses?

Hey I got the same kit, 15693 brand new... Let me know if your interested.
    Can go lower then 430.00

Thread Information