Results 1 to 7 of 7

LT headers, Parts and install

This is a discussion on LT headers, Parts and install within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I am purchasing LT pace setter coated header this tuesday and here are the few questions i have. 1. What ...

  1. #1
    Member zeetwentyeight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A, A
    Age
    27
    Posts
    690

    Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

    LT headers, Parts and install

    I am purchasing LT pace setter coated header this tuesday and here are the few questions i have.
    1. What is a good fitting ORY to go with these headers, and what size 2.5 or 3 (the louder the better to me weekend cruiser)

    2. Are corvette o2's an alternative for o2 extensions or are they better in some way?

    3.Motor mounts i hear are good to swap out while doing this process and also polys are the way to go but which brand should i go with? And i am not really sure on how to do them.

    4. Spark plugs what kind and what gap does everybody recommend?

  2. #2
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,576

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    The Bosch 13111 O2 senders come with a nice long harness so extensions are not required. If you are planning on changing out the motor mounts, now is the time. Either the NGK TR55 or Delco Iridium plugs are what most people seem to use.

  3. #3
    Member zeetwentyeight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A, A
    Age
    27
    Posts
    690

    Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    The Bosch 13111 O2 senders come with a nice long harness so extensions are not required. If you are planning on changing out the motor mounts, now is the time. Either the NGK TR55 or Delco Iridium plugs are what most people seem to use.
    You know what brand mounts are recommended?
    I think ill ngk do they just come pregaped?

  4. #4
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,576

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Quote Originally Posted by zeetwentyeight View Post
    You know what brand mounts are recommended?
    I think ill ngk do they just come pregaped?

    Haven't done mounts on ours yet, so can't help you with that one. The plugs come pre-gapped, but I am not sure what they are set to. I think the latest recommendation is around .052". Anything in the .048" to .054" range will work.

  5. #5
    Member zeetwentyeight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A, A
    Age
    27
    Posts
    690

    Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Haven't done mounts on ours yet, so can't help you with that one. The plugs come pre-gapped, but I am not sure what they are set to. I think the latest recommendation is around .052". Anything in the .048" to .054" range will work.
    Cool thank you

  6. #6
    Member xmarkx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    EAST bay area Cali
    Posts
    634

    black
    1999 camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by zeetwentyeight View Post
    I am purchasing LT pace setter coated header this tuesday and here are the few questions i have.
    1. What is a good fitting ORY to go with these headers, and what size 2.5 or 3 (the louder the better to me weekend cruiser)

    2. Are corvette o2's an alternative for o2 extensions or are they better in some way?

    3.Motor mounts i hear are good to swap out while doing this process and also polys are the way to go but which brand should i go with? And i am not really sure on how to do them.

    4. Spark plugs what kind and what gap does everybody recommend?
    1. what ever size your collectors are is what size y you should get.

    2. corvette O2's are good because essentialy your just buying brand new O2 sensors. I would only recomend them over o2 extensions if your current O2 sensors needed to be replaced anyways.

    3. if your planning on keeping the stock k member or have plans of using a spohn k in the future go for the spohn solid mounts!!

    if you ever plan on using a umi or bmr k in the future, solid mounts are not an option, so go with poly mounts. energy suspension makes good poly and on most vendor websites you can find deals on buying the trans and motor mounts together.

    4. what the previous poster said about gapping is usualy what's agreed upon by the majority

  7. #7
    Member zeetwentyeight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A, A
    Age
    27
    Posts
    690

    Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by xmarkx View Post
    1. what ever size your collectors are is what size y you should get.

    2. corvette O2's are good because essentialy your just buying brand new O2 sensors. I would only recomend them over o2 extensions if your current O2 sensors needed to be replaced anyways.

    3. if your planning on keeping the stock k member or have plans of using a spohn k in the future go for the spohn solid mounts!!

    if you ever plan on using a umi or bmr k in the future, solid mounts are not an option, so go with poly mounts. energy suspension makes good poly and on most vendor websites you can find deals on buying the trans and motor mounts together.

    4. what the previous poster said about gapping is usualy what's agreed upon by the majority
    Schweet thanks much

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question: Do I need anything else for a headers install?
    By SMWS6TA in forum External Engine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-08-2009, 09:58 AM
  2. Need Help, Headers Install
    By karpetcm in forum External Engine
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-07-2009, 03:47 PM
  3. Headers Going In...Install Q's
    By TheGimp711 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 07:30 AM
  4. What Headers to install ?
    By LTChappa in forum Corvette
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-23-2007, 05:59 AM
  5. what parts to remove for headers install?
    By greatwhiteZ28 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-15-2007, 04:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •