Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LT headers gains DYNO INSIDE

This is a discussion on LT headers gains DYNO INSIDE within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by asthmamax11 Awesome. This thread is turning into something useful now that you and Frost have responded with ...

red
    2000 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by asthmamax11 View Post
    Awesome. This thread is turning into something useful now that you and Frost have responded with ACTUAL #'s...not presumptions based on BULLSHIT.
    haha. easy there, killer. i said the same shit frost said just in less words. he basically said, through his experience, (generally) there is a ton of power to be made from tuning ls1's, even w/ no mods. how is this different from what i said? - -i never told you to tune your car, i stated general facts about tunes. you can decide for yourself if it's worth it for the amount of time between now and time you install cam.

presumptions based on bullshit eh? how many cars have you tuned? i've tuned a ton with all kinds of different combos. that make ya feel better? and yes i am assuming your belligerent comment was directed toward me. i'm sorry you feel that way, just tried to help w/ my .02.

Awesome. This thread is turning into something useful now that you and Frost have responded with ACTUAL #'s...not presumptions based on BULLSHIT.
    I'm sure Frost can help you more than I with actual numbers. Almost all of my business in tuning and wrenching is on 40 year old carbed muscle cars. I just applied my tuning experience to our own LS1's my wife and I have using a laptop and software for the first time in my life.
    Some of it worked for me and some didn't, but I'm not afraid to experiment. I still have alot to learn with this software, but with the help from others on this board I'm gettin' there. I was just happy with what I had found on my LS1 at this point. Not all cars will be the same as Frost had already mentioned. But I still feel it's well worth the money, time, effort to tune a car whether modded or not.
    I also experimented with all the free mods and alot of the expensive bolt on mods to see what worked and what didn't. Some of it contradicts what you read on the internet. But now that I know,,,I can spend money more wisely the next time.

White
    2002 Trans AM 6mt

Quote Originally Posted by side2000 View Post
    haha. easy there, killer. i said the same shit frost said just in less words. he basically said, through his experience, (generally) there is a ton of power to be made from tuning ls1's, even w/ no mods. how is this different from what i said? - -i never told you to tune your car, i stated general facts about tunes. you can decide for yourself if it's worth it for the amount of time between now and time you install cam.

presumptions based on bullshit eh? how many cars have you tuned? i've tuned a ton with all kinds of different combos. that make ya feel better? and yes i am assuming your belligerent comment was directed toward me. i'm sorry you feel that way, just tried to help w/ my .02.
    No I do appreciate everyone's input in this thread. I am new to these cars and I'm open to what the experienced members on this board have to say. Hopefully I'm getting a Cam + Tune in the next few weeks if not I will just get the Tune.

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Wink

No I do appreciate everyone's input in this thread. I am new to these cars and I'm open to what the experienced members on this board have to say. Hopefully I'm getting a Cam + Tune in the next few weeks if not I will just get the Tune.
    That's why you shouldn't get so defensive when we try to give you info to help with your question...

black
    1999 T/A

my bolt on car picked up 15 wtq from 2000 all the way to redline after tune. I'll try to scan the graph.

Awaiting Activation

NBM
    99 Z28

After LTs ORY cat back and lid I picked up like 20 rwh after the tune(20 just from the tune went from 330 to 351)

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Quote Originally Posted by BMJ99Z28 View Post
    After LTs ORY cat back and lid I picked up like 20 rwh after the tune(20 just from the tune went from 330 to 351)
    Damn so if I get LTs ORY and catback I'll sit around there? Awesome that is my goal too. I'll be satisfied with that.

red
    2000 camaro ss

definately, full exhaust and tune is certainly good for 350+++ wheel w/ stock cam.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

that is good, i'd be extreemly happy to be at 350 rwhp with my mods
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information