Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Lt headers best quality

This is a discussion on Lt headers best quality within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by side2000 they get bad readings from contamination of outside air. o2 sensors are too close to the ...

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by side2000 View Post
    they get bad readings from contamination of outside air. o2 sensors are too close to the outlet of headers. i'm sure eventually one of the guys on here that are "infamous guru" tuners will chime in on that one.

as far as the o2 sensors goin bad, "elements" = water, dirt, etc. which all exist through condensation, dust, etc. car doesn't have to be runnning for 02 sensors to be destroyed. not sayin you cant run open header and be straight, i was just giving reasons. the undercarriage of your car is not impervious to "elements" just 'cuz it's under car. . . .
    with a running car, there is constant air moving out no air coming back in im gonna say...

I know its not, I drive 4 miles of gravel daily, i know bout elements.... but they are made to get moist, water is a byproduct of combustion but a lil dust is a possibility but would probably blow off on start up...

red
    2000 camaro ss

man i'm glad i tune my own car

a bad reading is just as bad as a broke sensor.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Aetos View Post
    I didn't say it was good for the car nor would I recommend it.... lol

Open headers isn't that great for a car either... 02 sensors will go quickly.
    Well you are the one that said no exhaust is better than open headers. Open headers is the closest to no exhaust.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

The heating elements in the O2's will go bad.

red
    2000 camaro ss

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    mr luos i think your credibility will begin only when you hit 40,000 posts. until then, keep your ill-informed opinions to yourself.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

you may speak only when spoken to... or when you hit 10's...

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    you may speak only when spoken to... or when you hit 10's...
    All I have to do to hit 10's is move....

You?

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

All I have to do to hit 10's is move....

You?
    do it then mouth...

White
    1999 Transam WS6

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    Well you are the one that said no exhaust is better than open headers. Open headers is the closest to no exhaust.
    I never said its better... I said no headers is just how these cars should sound...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

I never said its better... I said no headers is just how these cars should sound...
    Well if you've ever heard a engine with no manifolds or headers you'd know it sounds like ass. The thats NOT how these cars should sound.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

I get stupider and stupider the more i read your posts Aetos...

Red
    2001 ws6

hahaha aigh guys....every1 relax....some people arent as mechanically enclined as others

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    hahaha aigh guys....every1 relax....some people arent as mechanically enclined as others
    point taken but most times if i dont know something im not gonna act like i do, ill just wait around and read from ppl who do know.... thats all im sayin...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

point taken but most times if i dont know something im not gonna act like i do, ill just wait around and read from ppl who do know.... thats all im sayin...
    Ditto...

It pisses me off when people act like they know what there talking about when they don't. Then some dumbass reads it and theres a thread or something about how someone fucked something up from listening to someone who was talking out of there ass anyway...

White
    1999 Transam WS6

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    Well if you've ever heard a engine with no manifolds or headers you'd know it sounds like ass. The thats NOT how these cars should sound.
    I guess you haven't heard of sarcasm... its a wonderful thing in human linguistics, go look it up. Guess you should go yell at Third shift studios first because he suggested open headers:

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    open headers = the way these cars should sound
    I was just carrying along with this joke, but some people can't seem to understand the concept of a joke such as this guy:

I get stupider and stupider the more i read your posts Aetos...
    Okay, no more joking on the forums or else some people can apparently get stupider than they already are.

That's true, but sound is subjective and its a pretty well noted fact that running no exhaust screws up valves and running straight long tubes leads to quicker deterioration of the 02 sensors.
    Last edited by Aetos; 01-21-2009 at 07:23 AM.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

IBTL

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

I guess you haven't heard of sarcasm... its a wonderful thing in human linguistics, go look it up. Guess you should go yell at Third shift studios first because he suggested open headers:

I was just carrying along with this joke, but some people can't seem to understand the concept of a joke such as this guy:

Okay, no more joking on the forums or else some people can apparently get stupider than they already are.

That's true, but sound is subjective and its a pretty well noted fact that running no exhaust screws up valves and running straight long tubes leads to quicker deterioration of the 02 sensors.
    First off its easy to blame stupidity on sarcasm but I'm about 95% sure TSS wasn't joking when he said open headers is how they should sound....

secondly i'm usually the first to joke around, so i'm pretty sure i could have picked up on if it were a joke by maybe a "lol" or something of the sort, not the yup faces, but apparently a 148IQ is now in the dumb as fuck category so you must be thinking on a higher level than all of us...You must be smarter than Einstein or somethin,

Thirdly I still dont agree with open headers will ruin O2 sensors.... I'm at 112k miles and mine are still just fine, and most drag cars will run open headers, and then they sit...in the dust and condensating environment .....but to each their own, im fine with that

oh yea and IBTL

White
    1999 Transam WS6

First off its easy to blame stupidity on sarcasm but I'm about 95% sure TSS wasn't joking when he said open headers is how they should sound....

secondly i'm usually the first to joke around, so i'm pretty sure i could have picked up on if it were a joke by maybe a "lol" or something of the sort, not the yup faces, but apparently a 148IQ is now in the dumb as fuck category so you must be thinking on a higher level than all of us...You must be smarter than Einstein or somethin,
    Never said I was smarter and I always love the argument of "I have a xxxIQ, so I'm smarter than you " I have a 180IQ, prove me wrong(no, this is not true; I'm just showing the idiocy of using an IQ level as the stasis of an argument.

Thirdly I still dont agree with open headers will ruin O2 sensors.... I'm at 112k miles and mine are still just fine, and most drag cars will run open headers, and then they sit...in the dust and condensating environment .....but to each their own, im fine with that

oh yea and IBTL
    Drag cars run open headers, yes... but all out drag cars aren't the greatest of things to base our mods on street driven cars. Drag cars have their interior gutted, alot of safety features removed, a lot of luxuries removed, have big ass drag tires which can't be run on the street, and break stuff constantly so I don't think we can base our mods on all out drag cars. Drag cars run 28" tires so it must be fine, go run those on the street. I don't have personal experience with it, and I probably wouldn't be able to stand the constant interior drone of open headers on a DD car, but from everything I've read the consensus leans to open headers are bad for 02s. If you read a little above these replies a couple of people backup that statement themselves.

"oh yea and IBTL"

edit: Wouldn't the majority of high power drag cars run speed density tunes removing the need for 02 sensors? No 02 sensors = nothing to damage
    Last edited by Aetos; 01-21-2009 at 08:53 AM.

Red
    2001 ws6

i was guna say but u got there before me.....cant u tune out 02 sensors just the same as if u dont run cats when u get a tune........

White
    1999 Transam WS6

i was guna say but u got there before me.....cant u tune out 02 sensors just the same as if u dont run cats when u get a tune........

Front 02s are always needed unless you get a speed density tune and remove/not use the MAF.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information