Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LSX or SLP

This is a discussion on LSX or SLP within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; You're kidding right? So every LSx motor should be making 600hp? Maybe some people are happy with a mid-low 12 ...

White/Silver
    1989 GTA 98 GTP coupe

You're kidding right? So every LSx motor should be making 600hp?

Maybe some people are happy with a mid-low 12 second car. Maybe his car is a daily driver? Maybe it's a car that doesn't see much track time. Again, not everyone wants a ridiculous street car.
    -98 GTP Coupe. Silvermist and stock.

-89 GTA*** L98, P1-SC, 24# SVO's, MSD 6-A, March underdrive pulleys, Edelbrock headers/catback and some other goodies.

~Tony

LIGHT PEWTER METALIC
    1999 SS CAMARO

I guess I just have big dreams, and no everyone is not going to want a sick street car but why is everyone saying that a 90mm TB or Intake won't help more than a ls6 until you stroke the motor? A friend of mine has an ls6 on his vette and after the heads and cam he got 426HP with a FAst he could have done about 450Hp-460HP 25 or so horses is alot to just give up. All I'm trying to get across is that why pay $400 for the ls6 when you could buy a Fast for $700. do whatever makes you happy theres alot of bolt ons that will help is the main thing and not everybody is paying $750 for a car payment so do whatever you can afford.

White/Silver
    1989 GTA 98 GTP coupe

Quote Originally Posted by 1SSWFO View Post
    I guess I just have big dreams, and no everyone is not going to want a sick street car but why is everyone saying that a 90mm TB or Intake won't help more than a ls6 until you stroke the motor? A friend of mine has an ls6 on his vette and after the heads and cam he got 426HP with a FAst he could have done about 450Hp-460HP 25 or so horses is alot to just give up. All I'm trying to get across is that why pay $400 for the ls6 when you could buy a Fast for $700. do whatever makes you happy theres alot of bolt ons that will help is the main thing and not everybody is paying $750 for a car payment so do whatever you can afford.
    LOL, you just proved my point. On a heads/cam motor the 90/90 WILL make more power. However that's not the debate. The thread starter's car is a very mild bolt on car. Now, if he said he's doing a cam and/or head work in the next 6 months of course he should go with a 90/90, but he didn't say that. As his car sits right now(and without any other info provided) the 90/90 is overkill.

Let me flip your theory around, why spend hundreds more to gain the same amount of power as the cheaper intake? It's not financially smart(again, based on the info provided).

LIGHT PEWTER METALIC
    1999 SS CAMARO

I guess . oh well like I said buy whatever is in your budget and or what you like.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information