sebring silver
    2000 z28

ls6 manifold question

well just picked one up for $275, good deal? it came off a zo6 that is getting a roots style supercharger... bad ass......

anyway on the install, what is the best way to do it carefully, i have heard of a sensor being located in the rear of the manifold that can break when not removed? anyone who can shed some light on this would be appreciated.

Also what is the gain, my tuner said about 3 hp some other people have claimed 10, what will i gain if i already have headers, slp air lid, and tune, also what quarter mile gains? my car runs 12.71 at 109.77 can this manifold drop me down to a 12.61 @110?

Oh... and what about the lower end power, my 60 is a 1.88 can this manifold drop that time too or is it mainly an upper rpm bolt-on?

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

The sensor that breaks is the oil pressure sensor...damn thing will snap off if you're not careful. Just take your time as you're pulling the manifold out because that's when it'll break...it's a pain because the cowl is so low and you have to hold the rear bolts up and lift/pull the manifold at the same time. A extra set of hands will be a godsend for you..

I'm not sure what the actual number gain is but you'll feel it mostly in the higher rpms....4500+

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

Lift and Pull

Once all the front manifold bolts are out and remaining ones under the cowl are free...lift the manifold up in the rear before pulling the manifold forward. Some people will hold the aft bolts up with masking take so they can free their hands to better lift and pull without the bolts wanting to catch on the way out. I have seen other split fish tank tubing cut to length and slide them around the bolts. Not that big of a deal if you lift the rear high as possible until you move the manifold forward about 4-6 inches. Same going back and you will clear the sensor.
    2000 Z28 M6, SLP Lid, SLP Bellows, SLP UD,
    P&P Maf, TB By-Pass, PS Shorties, LS6 Intake, FAST 78mm TB, Hooker CB, Hurst Billet, Front Tower Brace, small 218/218....527/527....114 cam.
    337rwhp/348rwtq

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

I used clothes pins (old school clips to attach clothes to a clothes line) to hold up the rear bolts. I did in fact break my Oil pressure sending unit. the hose that attaches to the brake booster also attaches to the rear of the intake, I believe it snagged on the oil pressure sending unit as I was pulling the intake out therefore snapping the sending unit. It is very fragile and breaks very easily. Check this site out it is where I got my directions for my swap. www.ls1howto.com I wish you the best of luck and like said before take your time when pulling it out so you dont break that stupid sending unit. Or worse and drop something into a port. Gains will differ depending on what all mods have been done all ready. On a stock car I would expect 10-15, with a tune and other small bolt ons probably 15-25hp. Every car is different though so it is hard to be specific. just dyno it before and after.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

sebring silver
    2000 z28

thanks alot for all the info, i don't know if I will dyno before and after, depends on how much my tuner will charge me, probably $50 bucks for 2 runs, anyway i will def. let you know quarter mile gains,

Awaiting Activation
    you will definately fell a big difference between 5000-6000 rpm.

sebring silver
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ View Post
    you will definately fell a big difference between 5000-6000 rpm.
    good! maybe i will be in the 12.5 range soon

Thread Information