LS6 intake manifold

This is a discussion on LS6 intake manifold within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; these come stock on the 2001 ss right? if so what are the gains if any over the regular ls1 ...

Black
    2001 Camaro SLP SS #4473

LS6 intake manifold

these come stock on the 2001 ss right? if so what are the gains if any over the regular ls1 intake manifold?

Le Mans Blue
    2004 Z16

Yep, stock on 2001-02 F-bodys. The LS6 intake will add anywhere from 8-20rwhp over the LS1 depending on how much air is being pulled through it...

98T/Aformula
    Its just bigger and allows more air flow...

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

Dude..... I have a '00 Z and I got one from a friend who has an '02 TA that put a FAST 90/90 system on. I installed it for him and then paid $220 for it and it was a HELL of a deal! 1) from a dealer you're gonna pay $700 2) on Ebay you're gonna pay ^$400. It is worth the money. Really the only thing better is a FAST 78 or 90 setup with will cost you almost 1K for the intake and TB. The BBK and weiand products are made of aluminum/steel. Better flow but they get heat soaked and what good is better flow when you're flowing hot air? Composite is the was to go. I know guys pushing upwards of 500hp and they still roll with their LS6 intakes and a stock ported and polished throttle body. Be careful using a dry NOS kit with one because it may not be able to handle the pressures, if you must, spend the extra $ and get a wet kit.

You will notice a surprising increase in HP immediately after install!

twinstix

?

i have a 02 z28 is my intake from a ls6 how can i tell, there is no egr valve port, plus is there a better intake 2 be ported and polish.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

yes you have a ls6 intake all f-bodies 01-02 have them.

twinstix

ok

thanx, do you think the weiland, or bbk intake is better to match a set of afr 225 cc port and polished heads but also what cam will be good with that setup.

Le Mans Blue
    2004 Z16

Quote Originally Posted by socmninja View Post
    Dude..... I have a '00 Z and I got one from a friend who has an '02 TA that put a FAST 90/90 system on. I installed it for him and then paid $220 for it and it was a HELL of a deal! 1) from a dealer you're gonna pay $700 2) on Ebay you're gonna pay ^$400. It is worth the money. Really the only thing better is a FAST 78 or 90 setup with will cost you almost 1K for the intake and TB. The BBK and weiand products are made of aluminum/steel. Better flow but they get heat soaked and what good is better flow when you're flowing hot air? Composite is the was to go. I know guys pushing upwards of 500hp and they still roll with their LS6 intakes and a stock ported and polished throttle body. Be careful using a dry NOS kit with one because it may not be able to handle the pressures, if you must, spend the extra $ and get a wet kit.

You will notice a surprising increase in HP immediately after install!
    Hmmm. You can get a NEW LS6 intake from SLP for $379. I have made 576rwhp with a LS6 intake, but agree that it is time to go bigger... The LS6 intake will handle nitrous no problem, but be aware of potential fuel-puddling with wet-kits...that has caused more issues than anything else. Overall, a very worthwhile mod, even on a stock LS1 as socmmninja stated.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

An unported wieand is no better than a LS6 intake. Sure you can hog it out, but then you deal with the heat soak of a huge chunk of aluminum on a street driven car. I just got through installing an LS6 and Pacesetters. Those 2 mods alone made a huge difference in how my car ran. I keep the LS6 until you need big then go 90/90 FAST.

Thread Information