Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Ls6 Intake

This is a discussion on Ls6 Intake within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Firebirdjones Ya I had thought about those, but they came and went just like the 90 has ...

  1. #41
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Ya I had thought about those, but they came and went just like the 90 has now. I would just rather keep the entire intake track uniform without the bottle necks.
    very true.

    i can only speak on the 90/90. i have not educated myself on the new 92 & 102 setups.

  2. #42
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    very true.

    i can only speak on the 90/90. i have not educated myself on the new 92 & 102 setups.
    Me either. But I wouldn't think jumping to a 92 from your 90 would be worth all that much. Doesn't sound like alot of change to me.
    The 102 is significant though. I wonder what they'll come up with next?

  3. #43
    🤔 11s. blackbirdbrain89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    hagerstown, mercersburg
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,844

    black trans am
    2000

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Me either. But I wouldn't think jumping to a 92 from your 90 would be worth all that much. Doesn't sound like alot of change to me.
    The 102 is significant though. I wonder what they'll come up with next?
    the new 92 kills the 90.. its not the tb that makes the diffrance..

    the inside is made better now.. rember sence the fasy 78 and 90 fast no long is owned by wilson manifolds

    also the 92 and 102 now do not have the dip in the top shell for the stock ls1 fuel rails.. u need a ls3/l76 style..

    i lucked in to my flowtech 1 3/4 steped to 1 7/8 3.5 inch colectors headers for free... i had a cheep set of pace setters...

    hell the reason i used a hot cam is because my buddy got it and sold his t/a b4 he ever went ahead and put it in. 100 bucks lol.

    i cant see 1300 + for a fast set up....

    this is what it looks like at wot


    over 4k it starts to pull a vac.. its not huge but any vac at wot is bad...

    how is that. when a 78tb or what ever a stock tb flowes 880 cfm

    my tb has been p&p by the way... ls6 intake poped the screen outta the maf and slp bellow.

    if i had 2k to kick around i would dyno my junk and see and then by a fast intake and re dyno it and see how it works..
    Last edited by blackbirdbrain89; 04-08-2011 at 05:14 PM.

  4. #44
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdbrain89 View Post
    the new 92 kills the 90.. its not the tb that makes the diffrance..

    the inside is made better now.. rember sence the fasy 78 and 90 fast no long is owned by wilson manifolds

    also the 92 and 102 now do not have the dip in the top shell for the stock ls1 fuel rails.. u need a ls3/l76 style..

    i lucked in to my flowtech 1 3/4 steped to 1 7/8 3.5 inch colectors headers for free... i had a cheep set of pace setters...

    hell the reason i used a hot cam is because my buddy got it and sold his t/a b4 he ever went ahead and put it in. 100 bucks lol.

    i cant see 1300 + for a fast set up....

    this is what it looks like at wot
    Click for full size

    over 4k it starts to pull a vac.. its not huge but any vac at wot is bad...

    how is that. when a 78tb or what ever a stock tb flowes 880 cfm

    my tb has been p&p by the way... ls6 intake poped the screen outta the maf and slp bellow.

    if i had 2k to kick around i would dyno my junk and see and then by a fast intake and re dyno it and see how it works..
    Wow, that AFR at WOT on row 95 is kind of all over the place.

  5. #45
    🤔 11s. blackbirdbrain89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    hagerstown, mercersburg
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,844

    black trans am
    2000

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Wow, that AFR at WOT on row 95 is kind of all over the place.
    yes it is. but thats old its all at about 12.8-13.0 now lol

  6. #46
    Junior Member ChevyLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Spruce Pine
    Posts
    61

    Sebring Silver Metallic
    1998 Camaro Z28

    the only reason that i wouldn't want a fast intake is because i cant afford it...lol...and i drive this car as my dd every day to school and work and anywhere else i go...and got another question is anyone going to the rod run in pigeon forge TN next weekend...and do you think that there might be a intake for sale cheap down there.

  7. #47
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    I used to hit Pigeon Forge but that's a bit of a stretch for me now.

    As far as parts there, hard to say. One of the hotels years ago used to have a smallish swap meet in the parking lot but the cruise was mainly about enjoying 3,000 cars for me, so I didn't pay the swap much attention at the time. Generally at those events you'll find classic stuff,,,not so much in the way of LS stuff.

    LS6 intakes are relatively easy to find though. They are in the forsale adds occasionally. You can pick one up for $300-350 most of the time.
    Put up an add in the want section and see if there are any floating around.

  8. #48
    Junior Member ChevyLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Spruce Pine
    Posts
    61

    Sebring Silver Metallic
    1998 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    LS6 intakes are relatively easy to find though. They are in the forsale adds occasionally. You can pick one up for $300-350 most of the time.
    Put up an add in the want section and see if there are any floating around.
    Alright Thanks for the help
    I might try that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. BBK SSI Intake, vs Holley Intake, vs LS6 intake, vs PP 96mm
    By Lunatikgixxer in forum External Engine
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-28-2017, 11:39 AM
  2. Question: HOW TO: Swap stock intake with LS6 intake
    By thechad125 in forum General Help
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-26-2013, 04:17 AM
  3. LS6 intake manifold and 227 Intake runners
    By IT_SS in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 03:11 PM
  4. Single Plane Intake VS Stock PP Intake
    By xzaero0 in forum Forced Induction
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 08:00 PM
  5. Difference in Stock Ram Air intake and other aftermarket intake
    By WS6-cobra killer in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-15-2007, 07:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •