LS6 head info

This is a discussion on LS6 head info within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I got my car tuned last year and was thinking about putting LS6 heads and headers on it. Would i ...

Red
    2000 Z28

LS6 head info

I got my car tuned last year and was thinking about putting LS6 heads and headers on it. Would i have to get it tuned again right away or would it be alright to drive it like that/
    I have BBk intake manifold and throttle body, gm hot cam, ls6 valve springs, hardened push rods, roller rockers, ls6 valley cover, no cats, k&n air filter, slp air box, no screen in the mass air sensor, and magnaflow exhaust. Had it tuned so i could drive it, wasn't idling the best.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

You will need to have it tuned, and you should tune it before you even start it. You would be moving more air with the LS6 heads, and with no extra fuel to enrich the A/F ratio, you would be running a lean condition. That could lead to BOOM. Try Frost on here. You can email him your mod list and see what he can do. It is a mail order tune, so you just mail him your PCM, and he sends it right back. You may find yourself happy with the tune as he does it, or you can use it to get yourself to a tuner. GO PACK!

Red
    2000 Z28

K thanks that is what i wondering about.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Keith, why wouldn't the PCM compensate with the injectors to accomodate more air?

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

With a cam and heads and Intake I would get a good dyno tune. Steve is good but a mail order PCM tune is just not the same and will not give you the full potental of your engine.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 2002ssslp View Post
    With a cam and heads and Intake I would get a good dyno tune. Steve is good but a mail order PCM tune is just not the same and will not give you the full potental of your engine.
    I would say go for the retune. It will drive but i would definitely have it put on a dyno and retuned

Thread Information