Black
    98 Pontiac Trans Am

Question LS1 Pacesetters on LQ9?

Hi friends! I just ordered an LQ9 to replace my ls1 in the trans am (hydrolocked the motor the other day) and want to order headers and get the chip flashed to hopefully make up the power loss from having to install an ls1 intake manifold on the LQ9 I ended up getting a 2004 Escalade 6.0 with 52K on the clock!! Can I use the Pacesetter headers that various internet retailers sell for the LS1 Firebird on the LQ9? I think i can, i just want to make sure because i dont have a lot of money, which is why i am going with the lq9 in the first place, its cheaper. Also, does anyone know (Frost, I'm looking at you) weather there will be any problems flashing an ecu from a 98 car to work with the parts I am installing? I have heard bad things about 98 ecu's, but i think most of it has to do with forced induction . Thank you.

red
    99 camaro

Good Q;s and Im almost positive you can use the same headers between the two engines.

black/viper blue
    99 WS6 M6

u most definately can. i have an lq9 in my car with the pace setters. they work with no issues.

Black
    98 Pontiac Trans Am

Thank you! I ordered them, found a good deal on them for, got the race version since Im in kentucky and nobody here has ever heard of emissions. Rebuilt the car a few years ago after a 16 year old girl took the front end off and all the cop asked me when I had to get it inspected was "Does everything work?" he didnt look at a thing. God, I love my state.

Oh, I have another question about the lq9, I heard that the rev limiter is set to 5400-5600 in the trucks that it was put in. #1 is this true, and #2 what is the maximum revs these can take stock? Im not trying to go up to 7000 or anything, but having the 6000 rpm that i am used to would be nice. I dont even know if the cam in it makes power in that range, I am at a loss. Swapping in my 98 LS1 cam wouldnt be worth the trouble would it?

black/viper blue
    99 WS6 M6

it is set lower in the trucks but it will still handle the rpms. the cam is the same as the ls1 cam. same lift and duration. i went with a trick flow cam but my redline is set at 6600 and i shift at 6500 and havent had a problem yet.

Black
    98 Pontiac Trans Am

Perfect, thank you. Just unboxed the headers and heard from teh shop, the motor came in today and looks great, should be getting the car over there sometime today.

black/viper blue
    99 WS6 M6

no prob glad i could help

Thread Information