Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LS1 Granatelli MAF Sensors

This is a discussion on LS1 Granatelli MAF Sensors within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Thank you everybody... I am opting not to go with the MAF. I'll send the money elsewhere........

New Jersey
    Blog Entries

Metallic Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

Thank you everybody... I am opting not to go with the MAF. I'll send the money elsewhere.....

Roseville, CA

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by NJ2002WS.6 View Post
    Thank you everybody... I am opting not to go with the MAF. I'll send the money elsewhere.....
    You can send it to me if ya want

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

Good choice, .....I did lid and Maf(Gmaf with cold air tuning) as my first mods. It was ok till I did my LT's and True duals. Then I kept getting the lean code. Put my stock maf back in and no more codes.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

I'm (Hurst) Equipped... davebowtie's Avatar
    Santa Barbara County,Ca.

Onyx Black
    '02 Camaro SS(replica) M6

I'm not really 4 or against an aftermarket MAF, but here's a short story...
    When I bought my car (used) It had stock Z28 airbox w/K&N drop in filter. After I got the car home I realized it had a Granatelli MAF so I drove the car around as is for a couple months or so and had no problems. So I decided to put on the FIPK that the previous owner put in the trunk when I bought it.
    Soon afterward the car started throwing codes...(bank01lean, bank02lean, maf out of range) One or two or all would pop up every so often (once a month maybe) So I don't know, maybe I should try a stock MAF...
    Last edited by davebowtie; 07-15-2007 at 12:54 AM. Reason: spelling
    C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Desktop\sig01.jpg

The great red state of MD.

2001 Trans Am (sold)

My car occasionally misfired with the GMAF. Got real bad when it would rain to the point of being almost undrivable.

New Baltimore, Mi

Phantom Black
    2004 GTO

The Granatelli Maf tuned for cold air was causing mine to run rich but it seem like it did have a little more power around the 3500rpm and up but could not tell for sure with out a dyno. If you still want one have a brand new one that was on for a day. $150.00 for it.

Forest Hill MD

Dark Blue
    2002 Camaro SS

Just for what it's worth

I already had SLP long tubes, 3:70 gears and the Predator tuner. After the header and Predator installation I had a "check engine" light show up so I took it to a Chevy dealer for a diagnosis and they said it was running lean. It never missed or ran bad and I was doing high twelve seconds in quarter at 111 mph. I installed a Granatelli MAF, no other changes unless it was pump gas or atmospheric conditions, did my best time of 12:47 and 113. I used the Predator to enrichen the mixture and the check engine light went away. Although I'm still solidly 12:6 12:7 I've yet to break 12:6 again, even after going back to what I thought was the lean setting. Nor has the check engine light come back on. I even tried a throttle help as far as I can tell. Go figure! Make of of this what you will but it's the truth as I know it. Sam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information