LQ4

This is a discussion on LQ4 within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; This is my first LS engine it is a LQ4 6.0 out of a 03 truck. I am putting into ...

RED
    1969 camaro

LQ4

This is my first LS engine it is a LQ4 6.0 out of a 03 truck. I am putting into my camaro and would like to make a few changes. I need some help so hear are my questions, intake would like a car intake with a 96mm throttle. a bigger cam and any suggestions.Thanks for your help.

A LS1 or LS6 intake will work just fine. The LQ4 is basically an iron LS1 (same cam, lower CR, LS6 style heads). Its impossible to suggest a cam without knowing your power and driveability goals.

RED
    1969 camaro

Thanks I am the same guy different post. But I am looking at an Intake with a mm. Would like 400 or so HP something to have fun with that the wife can still drive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If you are looking for only 400hp than a stock LS6 cam would fit the bill. It would be cheap and give you the power you are looking for.

RED
    1969 camaro

I am looking at the typoon 96 mm or the 101 they are the same price. What about MAF.Thanks for the input.

Red
    1998 Firebird

The CheatR cam gives great results and maintains a near stock idle, so its nothing too rough

hugger orange

Specially being a 6.0 instead of a 5.7, I'd recomend a 228 to make the cam swap worth it...will still be VERY drivable and more power across the whole rpm range

hugger orange

Two good choices for the MAF, keep the stock one or go MAFless with an SD tune

RED
    1969 camaro

Sounds great, is there a brand that you would recomend on the cam.As for the MAF I would have to ask my tuner friend. I have no clue. The paint shop just sent me some pics of my car with paint on it. So I am really getting close. I need to get my engine ready. Thanks for the help.

hugger orange

You might pay a couple more dollars for it, but the best way to go is a custom grind...I have never heard a bad thing about EPS cams. Google them to get their website and phone number...he is very good at making a cam for YOU to fit your driving style and power/ rpm needs

Thread Information