Lovin my Longtubes:)

This is a discussion on Lovin my Longtubes:) within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; whats up yall.i just installed my headers last week and had my y pipe fabbed thursday.i should have replaced the ...

black
    2000 trans am ws6 a4

Lovin my Longtubes:)

whats up yall.i just installed my headers last week and had my y pipe fabbed thursday.i should have replaced the motor mounts because they hit the k member a little in first gear.install was a pain in the arse.anyway i took my car to the track friday and it launches like a bat outta hell.(no tune yet).Lts definatley rock.i sucked at the track cause my damn clutch pressure was failing on me.even through i added a rubber protecter to the clutch hydraulic line,and wrapped the primary that runs next to the line.gotta do the drill mod next.anyway,i love my longtubes.just thought i would share.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Nice to hear. I installed our LT's back in March and am still waiting for the first drive.

blue
    1998 Trans Am ls1

Quote Originally Posted by Leeroyws6 View Post
    whats up yall.i just installed my headers last week and had my y pipe fabbed thursday.i should have replaced the motor mounts because they hit the k member a little in first gear.install was a pain in the arse.anyway i took my car to the track friday and it launches like a bat outta hell.(no tune yet).Lts definatley rock.i sucked at the track cause my damn clutch pressure was failing on me.even through i added a rubber protecter to the clutch hydraulic line,and wrapped the primary that runs next to the line.gotta do the drill mod next.anyway,i love my longtubes.just thought i would share.
    wait till ya get a tune... should almost gain as much from the tune as from the headers. Frost gets my vote, my car hauls some major ass compared to the pre-install! enjoy

silver
    2000 formula

i like the extra loudness...............as i pass cops

Black

I just did headers and a Y pipe on my camaro also and I have the same rubbing problems. Have you replaced the motor mounts yet? Do the headers really need to come back off to finish the job? By the way, I had my car tuned by frost and It made a hudge difference. Long tubes are the way to go.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Another satisfied customer

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by blk_z28 View Post
    I just did headers and a Y pipe on my camaro also and I have the same rubbing problems. Have you replaced the motor mounts yet? Do the headers really need to come back off to finish the job? By the way, I had my car tuned by frost and It made a hudge difference. Long tubes are the way to go.
    What y pipe did you put on? I bought hooker lt headers and am trying to decide what y i should get or just go with the hooker y...also what do you have to do for the tune by frost??? just hook it up to a laptop or something?? i was reading something about a mail order tune

Black

I used the pacesetter headers and Y pipe and it went together very easily. The only problem I have is that the Y pipe rubs on the bottom of my car but I am being told that its my motor mounts causing that. Make sure you change your motor mounts while you change your headers. To get your car tuned by frost you go on his web site and choose the things you want done, Then you print a form and list all of the mods you have done to the car and mail your computer to him. It takes about a week to get it back, but its worth it. I had him delete my rear 02 sensors,egr and tune it for my mods. Plus its cheaper and better than buying the preditor tuner and if you ever change your car he will retune for only $50.

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

[QUOTE=blk_z28;2318865]I used the pacesetter headers and Y pipe and it went together very easily. The only problem I have is that the Y pipe rubs on the bottom of my car but I am being told that its my motor mounts causing that. Make sure you change your motor mounts while you change your headers. To get your car tuned by frost you go on his web site and choose the things you want done, Then you print a form and list all of the mods you have done to the car and mail your computer to him. It takes about a week to get it back, but its worth it. I had him delete my rear 02 sensors,egr and tune it for my mods. Plus its cheaper and better than buying the preditor tuner and if you ever change your car he will retune for only $50.[/QUOT

That's great I appreciate your help I did order the Hooker y I wanted to match it up I think it should fit well it was kinda expensive 210 but seems good and ill definitely get the tune plus that's awesome he will retune it for that cheap. The before and after the tune was noticeable? ? Any problems so far like with engine light's coming on? I can't wait to get this all done it will be worth the work of doing it myself
    Last edited by Camaro69Mac; 04-30-2010 at 12:12 PM.

Black

no problems at all, before I would throw a check engine light when ever I got on the car due to my 02 sensors. Now I have not had a check engine light on since I had the tune.

Thread Information