Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Loudmouth vs. magnaflow?

I have a magnaflow catback on my 2002 WS6. I like the sound it makes at WOT but at idle it's not as loud as I would like. I was looking into getting a loudmouth because I've heard that they sound louder than magnaflow because it uses a resonator instead of a muffler. Is this true? My exhaust mods on my car are hooker LT's, no catalytics, ORY-P, and magnaflow catback. Should I switch from a magnaflow to a loudmouth catback. Any input is appreciated. If anyone has pictures of a loudmouth exhaust on a WS6, that would be great. Thanks for and help.
    Danny

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Man if you put a Loudmouth system on your car your not going to be able to hear yourself think. If it is any louder than my FlowMaster I couldn't stand it. I am going with GMMG. If you do run a Loudmouth you might consider a resonator to tone it down a bit. Just my .02$
    3 inch Chambered Catback.

Black
    1999 T/A

If I were you I would just have an exhaust shop modify your Magnaflow. Have them Delete the muffler and then weld in a resonator in you I-pipe.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

I have a loud mouth cat back and they don't call them loud for nothing, I get more compliments on the sound than I do my car but I don't know that I would waste the money. Like Uno99 says, mod what you got.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

I have stock exhaust on my TA and am considering loudmouth or magnaflow. Which one might be best if im thinking of getting pacesetter long tubes and and ORY Pipe. What do you guys think?

2006 TrailBlazer SS

I put a magnaflow on my formula.Replaced the flowmaster that i had on there.I made a big mistake.The magnaflow is way to quiet but they say it performs good.If I had the choice between the loudmouth or magnaflow i would go with the loudmouth.
    Quiet is no fun.....That also depends on if thats your only car you have to drive.

Just had the Loudmouth II installed today and I think its PEFECT sounding. Not very loud at all except when you Step on it!! Exactly the sound I was hoping for..

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

LTs and loudmouth dont get alone.
    its really raspy and loud. it has a rather unrefined tone to it.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Black
    1999 T/A

If you plan on LT The LM is just too loud and raspy. Personally I think magna flow is too quiet with stock manifolds. My buddy has pacesetters and Magnaflow. We both thought the magnaflow was too raspy with Lt's only at WOT Idle and normal driving it sounded nice. He ended up swapping in a Flowmaster muffler Sound great. He has a cut-out so he is not worried about flow.

Black Beast 1 badblack transam 01's Avatar

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Thumbs up Flowmaster

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHaveLS1
    I have stock exhaust on my TA and am considering loudmouth or magnaflow. Which one might be best if im thinking of getting pacesetter long tubes and and ORY Pipe. What do you guys think?
    Go with flowmaster, I have flowmaster on my ws6 its sounds really good at idle and gets extremely make an old lady shit her pants loud when you step on it. Good luck

black
    2000 camaro ss+ 1987 GN

I also have headers,cats and loud mouth and its way to loud to have any fun with the car with all the cops around.

SleeperZ28
    I have (had) a Loudmouth on my stock 01 Z28, and I got more compliments on the sound then my friend with a 00 Z28 with Hooker long Tube Headers, ORY no cats, and Flomaster exhaust. They sound real good on a stock car but inside is where it sucks. I loved my Loudmouth to death but it's not worth the noise. With a M6 under any type of load in a high gear it droans in the interior, and forget about towing as soon as you come to a hill you want o kill yourself. Plus I've heard that when you go to headers with a Loudmouth the result, Not cool. I'm by no means sissy and I'm not old but the Loudmouth is exactly that, LOUD. For now the stock exhaust is back on my Z until I decide what bullet muffler to use to replace the resonator. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Silver
    '02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SleeperZ28
    I have (had) a Loudmouth on my stock 01 Z28, and I got more compliments on the sound then my friend with a 00 Z28 with Hooker long Tube Headers, ORY no cats, and Flomaster exhaust. They sound real good on a stock car but inside is where it sucks. I loved my Loudmouth to death but it's not worth the noise. With a M6 under any type of load in a high gear it droans in the interior, and forget about towing as soon as you come to a hill you want o kill yourself. Plus I've heard that when you go to headers with a Loudmouth the result, Not cool. I'm by no means sissy and I'm not old but the Loudmouth is exactly that, LOUD. For now the stock exhaust is back on my Z until I decide what bullet muffler to use to replace the resonator. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
    I have a suggestion!!! Sell me your loumouth!!!!!!!!!

lilicedout24
    my boy is putting headers on his 99 z28 he has a loud mouth system now at idle it sound like shit you have to flow it to sound good now when he race aw man awsome sound. but after to day i think it going to be to loud with them lt headers ill write yall this evenning when we finish.personal note i rather flowmaster it has never let any one down sounds great at idle and loud and smooth when hiting it

dmnall
    Quote Originally Posted by RAMITDN
    Just had the Loudmouth II installed today and I think its PEFECT sounding. Not very loud at all except when you Step on it!! Exactly the sound I was hoping for..
    From what I have read on SLP's site the Loudmouth II has a Stainless Steel Bullet Race Muffler (i think it is the 16" Case) and I have a feeling that it sounds just like a dynomouth set up. Which is great because I thought the raspiness with the orignal/new Loudmouth 1, was not that good sounding where as the low rumble of the Dynomouth sounded like a muscle car.

Charlie

Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

I would not consider GMMG, save money and buy from the ones that GMMG buy from..... Stainless Works..... Sold by Summit Racing, available in smooth and chambered. I think a 24" Summit racing Glass pack sounds great, louder than Magnaflow, a tad quieter than Loudmouth. -Tim

99 Firebird Formula

The loudmouth is AWFUL with headers and no cats. I had a loudmouth on my car when it was stock, and it was a bit annoying (like on the highway turning 2,000 rpms the drone is bad). But after I added headers & removed cats I couldn't stand it for more than two weeks. It is just too loud, and not a good loud, it's very unrefined and harsh. Going down the track my car was easily louder than anyone else's full out race car.

I swapped back to a magnaflow and have been SO much happier with it.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by keliente
    The loudmouth is AWFUL with headers and no cats. I had a loudmouth on my car when it was stock, and it was a bit annoying (like on the highway turning 2,000 rpms the drone is bad). But after I added headers & removed cats I couldn't stand it for more than two weeks. It is just too loud, and not a good loud, it's very unrefined and harsh. Going down the track my car was easily louder than anyone else's full out race car.

I swapped back to a magnaflow and have been SO much happier with it.
    Same here.
    The Loudmouth got even worse with a cam too.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

Silver
    1997 Pontiac Firebird

ok i am heaing so many oppinions , i have a stock lt1 in my 97 formula, im thinking of getting a package for 479.99 its a moroso intake and slp loudmouth exhaust and it includes the installation package. what do yall think.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information