Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Loudmouth Question

This is a discussion on Loudmouth Question within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by greddy33 i was the same way..bought LM exhaust and later decided to put LT headers on..and wow, ...

1994 POS

Quote Originally Posted by greddy33
    i was the same way..bought LM exhaust and later decided to put LT headers on..and wow, way too loud and too raspy.

i put cat's in the y-pipe for smog reasons, and that helped quiet it down a lot. then i went and bought a hooker aero chamber muffler and took it to a muffler shop and had them weld in the muffler.

i don't know why people pay 300 bucks for another cat-back when you can buy a muffler for 90 bucks and pay an exhaust shop to weld it in. the only mod they had to do was make a new intermediate pipe and cut the 2 outlet pipes to the rear of the car and it's done. total cost was like 150 bucks for you actually save 150+ by not buying a new cat-back..

never really did understand that one..having a LM exhaust is not an end all situation where you have to ditch it, just have to modify it!

just my .02
    yea but having the LM in tact, you can sell it for about 200 when you get another catback

Crinkle, Crinkle
    Warren, MI

2001 Camaro SS

Which exact Aerochamber muffler did you buy?

I came here searching for this exact information. I have an '01 SS, long tube headers, loudmouth, and I hate the raspy sound. I want the rumble like I used to get from my old '68 GTO!

I think part of the reason for the big sound difference is the single exhaust system has to move twice the volume of gas that a dual would, so the velocity is higher, and there's a lot more high frequency noise. It'll never sound like true dual when it's single. But still, I don't like it sounding like a V8 version of a rice fart pipe.

Hope this thread isn't too old, thanks for any information you can give me.

san antonio

2000 trans am ws6

im happy with my slp. but i have stock cats and manifolds. good buy imo. anything besides flowmaster though.

Artic White
    2001 Camaro

I love my loudmouth with headers and cats.

Newport News, VA

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman
    I love my loudmouth with headers and cats.
    same here!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information