Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Loudmouth Owners

This is a discussion on Loudmouth Owners within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; z_driver1 I drove my car for the first time in a couple weeks today while it was nice. By drone, ...

Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

z_driver1

I drove my car for the first time in a couple weeks today while it was nice. By drone, I assume you mean a constant hum that reverberates through the interior of the car. I'd have to say that driving in 4th, 5th and 6th, the loudest point for my GMMG was about 2400-2500 rpm, but it still wasn't a drone.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Yeah, the deep hum. I get it cruising about 1800-2000 if I am going uphill and cruise is maintaining speed for me or if I am accellerating at a moderate or slow rate I get it bad. If I get on it hard or even moerately hard I don't get the drone, but I tend to drive rather conservatively. I really want GMMG for the sound, but if I get the drone I might not go for it. I actually love the way my loudmouth sounds exterior, and interior it isn't really loud as far as exhaust note, it's just the drone. Nothing beats GMMG in my opinion though. . .

Red
    1998 z28 a4

Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    Yeah, the deep hum. I get it cruising about 1800-2000 if I am going uphill and cruise is maintaining speed for me or if I am accellerating at a moderate or slow rate I get it bad. If I get on it hard or even moerately hard I don't get the drone, but I tend to drive rather conservatively. I really want GMMG for the sound, but if I get the drone I might not go for it. I actually love the way my loudmouth sounds exterior, and interior it isn't really loud as far as exhaust note, it's just the drone. Nothing beats GMMG in my opinion though. . .
    do you have LTs and an ORY? or just the catback?

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Just the catback, tipless. I have growing suspicions (yet no spelling abilities) that the previous owner gutted the cats.

MSZ28

PEWTER
    1999 Z28

When you use a dynomax muffler w/ the loudmouth, is there a certain model # muffler to get. weld in or clamps, where is best price to order from? the droning sound is loud w/ the daily driver.

Red
    1998 z28 a4

Just the catback, tipless. I have growing suspicions (yet no spelling abilities) that the previous owner gutted the cats.
    your probably right, because i have the loudmouth and get almost no drone at all.

Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

I've got an A4 running SLP Loudmouth without tips, cruising on the highway the drone is HORRIBLE, will putting tips on it and getting it past the bumper help?
    Hey, just re-read your original post. I'm wondering whether or not putting tips on the pipes to get the sound past the bumper would help. I know I've had turn-downs on a car before (much farther up, in front of the axle) and the sound was trapped under the car and would drone really bad. Might be worth it to try some inexpensive tips out before you scrap your whole cat-back, or pony up the $$$ for proper cats...

Let us know what you find out!

Hammer

I see slp sells a kit to turn the loudmouth in to a loudmouth 2 ? any good.

See signature.

loud / drone doesnt brother me any more, i like the loudmouth and for the price its a real good exhaust.
    Pontiac Firebird's: 91 Formula 350, 01 Trans Am WS6, Suzuki's: 09 SX4 Crossover, GSX-R's: 06 600 & 07 1K.
    F-Quick Garage & Car Domain

Light Pewter Metalic
    01 Camaro SS

I installed mine, but it rattles where the pipe goes over the axle , has anyone expierence this problem?????

See signature.

i think it needs time to settle in, mine rattled right when i put it on. after a nice drive it went away like a few minutes after. it needs time to heat up i guess and to settle in especially time for the rear end to seat back up.

also make sure that overaxle pipe is seated in the main mount and into the i-pipe all the way.

black & silver
    1999 Z28

i have little drone and i love mine.

Light Pewter Metalic
    01 Camaro SS

Problem fixed, just re-bolted it! Good job 2 me

nc98z
    My flowmaster is pretty bad on the inside resonance level A4/2.73 2000rpm=80 mph crusin down the interstate. I was wondering if anybody is running the Warlock race mufflers. They have a removable cap that allows straight thru performance, but I have never seen them on a camaro.

I went to Playboy Mansion FantaZGuy28's Avatar

YJ
    04 GTO M6

Get a custom Y-pipe built for your car. Thats what I did hoping that it would make it louder, but it actually calmed it down quite a bit. I dont have the 2k drone anymore, and it has a deeper sound.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

I just installed mac mids and an ORY, so we'll really see if I can stand it after this. I just have to get the air and egr gaskets in there and take it to get the y welded to the loudmouth

Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

I just installed mac mids and an ORY, so we'll really see if I can stand it after this. I just have to get the air and egr gaskets in there and take it to get the y welded to the loudmouth
    If you're concerned you won't be able to tolerate it, why not get a good quality band clamp?

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

I bought used headers and ORY, the previous owner welded it and cut it off, it's too short to clamp

Silver
    98 Trans Am

Does the loud mouth resonator have a glass packing? Does it kind of wear out after some time and get louder?

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by daveb91
    Does the loud mouth resonator have a glass packing? Does it kind of wear out after some time and get louder?
    It's just a hollow tube, which does actually quieten it down a little even though you wouldn't think so

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information