Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

White
    99 Z28

Red face Loudmouth and Loudmouth 2

I am looking for a catback for my 99 Z28 convertible and I really like the sound of the Loudmouth from SLP . I heard it on LS1sounds.com. Can anyone tell me the difference between the Loudmouth and the Loudmouth 2 ? Thanks.

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

1= REALLY LOUD, 2= KINDA LOUD, All kinds of comments on this site on lm1 being way too loud after headers or no cats.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

I have the LM w/LT's and ORY. I love the sound. I had to take off the 'not loud enough' out of my sig. car screams at WOT, nice idle. too bad people get pissed when i go by them with their windows down and cell phone glued to their ear...lol

LM = 4" dia. bullet 'straight pipe'
    LM2 = 4" dia. bullet 'resonator pipe' to baffle and absorb some of the sound.

the point of the 3" dia to the 4" dia resonator, back to 3" dia., is to pulse the sound of the LM. the LM2 style takes away some of the popping, cracking, and rasp (no rasp w/my LM), and tones down the sound a little. that's all
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

White
    99 Z28

Thanks for the replies so far. So is the LM1 going to be too loud for a daily driver? I sounds bad ass from what I have heard, I just don't need to go deaf. Keep in mind it is convertible. If I go with headers and a y pipe later can't I just switch the resonator out to a quieter one?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I just could not take it anymore with the LM's....just too damn loud....the LMII's are sweet....and you can hear yourself think and still roar at WOT...

Black
    1998 Camaro SS

I have the LM 1 on my 95 Z convertable and I love the sound. It's not that loud if you stay out of the pedal.

Black
    2000 Formula WS6

so im one of those crazy bastards who thrives off a rediculous amount of noise...But if i get the LM I, do they have anything that will have trouble passing emmissions
    ALSO i looked at them on Jeg's yesterday and they don't have a muffler, so i'm going to getting Flowmater 40 Series 2 Chamber...cool?

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 00Formula00 View Post
    so im one of those crazy bastards who thrives off a rediculous amount of noise...But if i get the LM I, do they have anything that will have trouble passing emmissions
    ALSO i looked at them on Jeg's yesterday and they don't have a muffler, so i'm going to getting Flowmater 40 Series 2 Chamber...cool?
    What do you mean they don't have a muffler? LM's come with either the shotgun resonator or bullet muffler. That's the difference between the LM1 and LM2. Which 'muffler' you use. Don't go with flowmaster. If you don't loke the sound, you can get a dynomouth bullet muffler or borla muffler and create a dynomouth or borlamouth setup.

And you shouldn't have trouble passing emissions with a catback. They send you a document with the kit that explains that the resonator is the same as a muffler.

Black
    2000 Formula WS6

the resonators are those small tubes right?
    if so, then how are you supposed to have the y pipe come in and then have two exhaust pipes come out???

White
    99 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLT1Z28 View Post
    What do you mean they don't have a muffler? LM's come with either the shotgun resonator or bullet muffler. That's the difference between the LM1 and LM2. Which 'muffler' you use. Don't go with flowmaster. If you don't loke the sound, you can get a dynomouth bullet muffler or borla muffler and create a dynomouth or borlamouth setup.

And you shouldn't have trouble passing emissions with a catback. They send you a document with the kit that explains that the resonator is the same as a muffler.
    I guess that answers my question about putting a different muffler on if I go with headers and a Y later. So it sounds like the best (loudest) sound with the most options for my buck would be the LM1.
    Rosco

Black
    2000 Formula WS6

exactly what im doing bro, except the headers and y now

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

This is the SLP shotgun resonator. Shorter and narrower than a bullet muffler, used for a more aggressive sound.
    http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...66&BIG=31066-1

This is the SLP bullet muffler. A bit larger in diameter than the resonator. Used to mellow out the sound from the resonator for a less aggressive but still powerful sound.
    http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...67&BIG=31067-1

Black
    2000 Formula WS6

so does the ypipe go into the shotgun resonator and then break back into the two exhaust pipes?

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

so does the ypipe go into the shotgun resonator and then break back into the two exhaust pipes?
    yep

Black
    2000 Formula WS6

nice, and is the resonator dead center of the car or more on the passenger side?

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

nice, and is the resonator dead center of the car or more on the passenger side?
    passenger side, located right around (underneath) the feet of the rear passenger and front passenger seat.

have you gotten under your car to look at the factory system yet? just about/if not all catback systems retain the factory locations for mounting, etc...
    Last edited by SSwt00SS; 10-19-2006 at 10:24 AM.

Black
    2000 Formula WS6

sweet deal ya i was checking it all out yesterday, thanks for the help

sunset orange
    02 SS M6

I have the LM2 with stock manifolds/cats/y and its not obnoxious at all. Its pretty tame. I was expecting more. Does have a nice sound though. Im gonna try and keep it when I decide to go to headers
    05 HEMI Ram, 96 Eclipse GST, 02 SS.

onyx black
    2000 ss camaro

i just put longtubes and ory on friday and i have lm1 . you do not want this set up. i love loud cars but this is insane .the guy who did my install said it was the loudest car he ever heard. and he has slp LT AND OrY with a cam!! the loudmouth buy it self sounds great .but if your gonna do headers i would be very leary of this set up. between 2500 and 3500 rpm it sounds like 10 guys with machine guns lock inside a tin can.

White
    99 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by ErikElvis View Post
    I have the LM2 with stock manifolds/cats/y and its not obnoxious at all. Its pretty tame. I was expecting more. Does have a nice sound though. Im gonna try and keep it when I decide to go to headers
    Tame is not what I am looking for. I am getting pissed when some weak ass with a 4 or 6 cylinder is louder than me even though I can smoke him/her (gotta be PC these days). I guess I just want younger people who are all ricer all the time to know how bad ass american cars still are!

Thread Information