Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loudmouth II

Awaiting Activation BlackBeastLS1's Avatar

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Loudmouth II

Has anybody ever heard Loudmouth II with shorties?? and does anybody have a sound clip or a video of it?

NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I think your best bet is to go to www.ls1sounds.com and see if you see anything there.

Black
    98 Trans Am

My friend has it, and it gives me a headache. It has the real deep headache inducing drone.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

i used to have it on my car with MAC headers and it is very deep and will cause a headache
    i switched it out with a lm 1 resonator believe it or not
    i still have cats so its not as loud, but still LOUD
    it does not give me a headache though because it is not a deep sound
    if u have shorties or have the stock headers and cats go with the lm 1, u will love it!

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

I've got shorties with LM2 stock cats and stock y-pipe. Yes it is a low deep rumble. The LM2 was designed to be that way. LM1 has gurgle and pops. LM1 is a bit raspy. LM2 was designed to eliminate the higher pitch rasp and gurgle pops. It does it effectively too. I have a vert so I could see it being too deep and low for the interior of a hardtop or T-top for some people. I have also had an LM1 and I do miss it at wide open throttle(WOT). However my neighbors really would hate me coming home at 11:30pm every nite after work. I live in a yuppy neighborhood and sometimes it sucks.

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Ok I just got my Loudmouth II put on and it is really deep but not quite loud enough for me, if I bought the SLP Y-pipe would it make it louder or what?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

i went with the lm2 first then switched to the lm1
    i told u that u should have ordered the lm1
    get the lm1 now and then when u get headers u can use ur lm2???

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeastLS1
    Ok I just got my Loudmouth II put on and it is really deep but not quite loud enough for me, if I bought the SLP Y-pipe would it make it louder or what?
    It would probably make a bit louder. Your best bet is going with shorties and high flow cats if your worried about staying emissions leagal. Otherwise get LT's and off road y-pipe or high flow cats. I am getting rid of shorties, stock cats and y-pipe. I want my LM2 louder also so I will see what it sounds like with LT's and high flow cats. If that doesn't please me I'm going to sell the LM2 and go with the TSP rumbler. Screw the neighbors!

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

How much are the high flow cats i dont have that much money to put out right now so thats why i was thinking to go with a new y-pipe?will the y pipe make me fail inspection?im not really worried about power gains right now I just want to make it sound better. cuz im getting a cam put in this summer.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Unfortunately high flow cats are expensive. Anywhere from $350-$500. You'll want to go with a reputable name brand too. Some manufacturers claim high flow but actually flow equal to or less than stock. With Lt's and a high flow cat system you should pass here in DFW. I've made up my mind to go with Kooks Lt's and Magnaflow high flow catted y-pipe. Total together will run me about $1,300. But you can get a Tsp setup with ceramic coated Pacesetter Lt's and high flow catted y-pipe for $700. That's a really nice bargain.
    Last edited by Huskerz1; 05-15-2006 at 02:44 PM.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Also, a SLP high flow y-pipe will cost you about $199 new. Look for a used one for about half that if that is the route your going to take. Personally I'd save a bit more and go Lt's and high flow catted y-pipe. Then you'll prolly be happy you got a LM2 instead of LM1.
    Last edited by Huskerz1; 05-14-2006 at 04:25 PM.

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Yea I wish I could do that but i just dont have the money to buy Lt's right now.I need something cheap that will give me a little more power but also sound better thats why I was thinking of the Y-pipe. Im just gonna have to live with my shorties for a while then im gonna sell them and see how much I can get out of them.

Black
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerz1
    Unfortunately high flow cats are expensive. Anywhere from $350-$500. You'll want to go with a reputable name brand too. Some manufacturers claim high flow but actually flow equal to or less than stock. With Lt's and a high flow cat system you should pass here in DFW. I've made up my mind to go with Kooks Lt's and Random Technology high flow catted y-pipe. Total together will run me about $1,300. But you can get a Tsp setup with ceramic coated Pacesetter Lt's and high flow catted y-pipe for $700. That's a really nice bargain.

You can buy the Magnaflow high flow cats for ~$55 each on ebay. They flow good and are made well. Magnaflow is comming out the some metallic cats that flow 600 CFM this month! They should be less than $300 for both. You have quite a few options, and cats really aren't that expensive anymore. Just don't buy from SLP lol!

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

How much of a power gain would i get with high flow cats? Would it be more than a Y-pipe?

Black
    98 Trans Am

How much of a power gain would i get with high flow cats? Would it be more than a Y-pipe?

Only a few hp with bolt on's and shorty headers, but the gain will be better than a y-pipe. The stock y-pipe is ugly, but isn't a restriction.

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Im probably gonna buy the high flow cats then but would that be a waste of money if I plan on buying LT's in the future, and will there be a sound difference with the cats thats what I really want?

Black
    98 Trans Am

Im probably gonna buy the high flow cats then but would that be a waste of money if I plan on buying LT's in the future, and will there be a sound difference with the cats thats what I really want?

I'd say that would be a waste of money if you are planning on buying longtubes. You will need a different y-pipe for the LT's, and at that point you can buy one that comes with cats.

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Can I use the SLP Y-pipe with the LT's or will I have to buy a different one for them? cuz if im gonna have to buy a new Y-pipe I better get it out of the way now.

Black
    98 Trans Am

Can I use the SLP Y-pipe with the LT's or will I have to buy a different one for them? cuz if im gonna have to buy a new Y-pipe I better get it out of the way now.
    No, you'll need a different one for longtubes. The y-pipes for shorties and longtubes are different. It also depends on which brand LT's you go with, as to which y-pipe will fit.

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=31035

So this is for shorties or long tubes?

Thread Information