Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Loudmouth I Or II

This is a discussion on Loudmouth I Or II within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by GULLETT17 I might be interested to save a lil dough . . . they have dual dual ...

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    I might be interested to save a lil dough . . . they have dual dual tips? shipping may outrageous from cali to indy though lol
    yea they are dual tips!
    M6, Lid, Ported and Polished Throttle Body (By Me!), LT, Custom Catted Y, Electric Cutout, PHB, LCA13.21@108 with a 2.3 60'

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

Quote Originally Posted by rc74racer View Post
    I really don't see how the LM1 is any louder the LM2 I have is basically a straight pipe. Don't get me wrong I like it but I'm putting LTs on this winter and I think it will be obnoxiously loud.
    Well the resonators are different. . . . the lm2 is suppose to have more sound deadning material. . . not sure but thats the impression ive got from my research lol

Well the resonators are different. . . . the lm2 is suppose to have more sound deadning material. . . not sure but thats the impression ive got from my research lol
    There is zero sound deadning material. The resonator is just a hollow chamber.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

hahaha, lots of old cranky peeps in here. i had the LM w/LT's/ORY and loved it. in your face, make the children cry kind of loud...

now i have TSP TD's with SLP LM resonators. it's even louder that my previous setup. check out the link in my sig. it's my old setup: LT's/ORY w/SLP LM, but you get the point...
    Last edited by SSwt00SS; 11-09-2007 at 07:41 AM.
    2000 SS - The Wicked Witch: °°Cammed 'n Slammed°° 458rwhp/410rwtq
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie_girl30
    I was hoping to just hump her up the exhaust cause she is so damn sexy....
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by rc74racer View Post
    There is zero sound deadning material. The resonator is just a hollow chamber.
    really? whats the difference in the lm1 and lm2 then?
    hey this is what this thread is for, to help me figure out the difference what sounds better!!

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    hahaha, lots of old cranky peeps in here. i had the LM w/LT's/ORY and loved it. in your face, make the children cry kind of loud...

now i have TSP TD's with SLP LM resonators. it's even louder that my previous setup. check out the link in my sig. it's my old setup: LT's/ORY w/SLP LM, but you get the point...
    Sounds like a beast SSwt00SS!!!

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Sounds like a beast SSwt00SS!!!
    thanks. i know the setup isnt for everyone, but for me it's perfect...

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I have QTP LT's, ORY, and SLP LM2. I have grown to love it. At first I hated it. Now I love it because it gives me that Alpha Male feeling. I intimidated a dude in a saleen by reving at him. Dude was all like lets go lets go till I reved my car in the underpass.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Ive got LT's ORY and the Magnaflow Cat-back and love the sound!
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

Awaiting Activation
    not sure what the difference is, but i can confirm that LM1 is significantly quieter that LM1. I know 2 brothers with LS1 camaros one with LM2 and one with LM1. I had them start them both up for me back to back so i could hear the difference.

really? whats the difference in the lm1 and lm2 then?
    hey this is what this thread is for, to help me figure out the difference what sounds better!!
    Yep nothing but a hollow expanded pipe. I guess the shape affects the sound some. I've never heard an LM1 so not sure what the difference is in sound. It's like everyone says if you are going to get LTs get something else. If you are never going to get headers then get the LM2 it sounds great with the stock manifolds. I can just see how it will be too loud once I put the LTs on this winter.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

I have LM2 and a big cam. LTs and ORY.

its sound fucking mean and good. I get many compliments. Before the LM2 I was running a cutout but that allowed for too many fumes to enter the car when driving.

I'm probably leanin towards a LM2 setup . . . but have you guys ever heard anybody gettin a custom borla set up just buy the muffler then have a shop do the piping and have custom tips? im gonna ask a couple muffler shops around here to see what the price would be on something like that. I asked a shop a couple weeks ago and he said he could probably do something like that for 300-400 bucks what do you guys think?

sped
    I've heard an LM2 with LT's and ORY. It's loud as hell, gets people's attention, and I guess could be intimidating. No way in hell I'd ever put it on my car though. Just to raspy and loud.

I'm probably leanin towards a LM2 setup . . . but have you guys ever heard anybody gettin a custom borla set up just buy the muffler then have a shop do the piping and have custom tips? im gonna ask a couple muffler shops around here to see what the price would be on something like that. I asked a shop a couple weeks ago and he said he could probably do something like that for 300-400 bucks what do you guys think?

If you are going to have a shop do something custom you may as well go true duals. That seems like a rather cheap estimate. What kind of pipes are they going to use? Remember most aftermarket catbacks are stainless I know the LM1 and LM2 are. I'll bet that estimate goes up if you ask for stainless.

lol yeah i was thinkin about that. i also looked at the tsp setup but i was thinkin i would want to have lt's ready to go on if i was gonna do that. True duals are kinda overkill with stock manifolds. . . . yeah i dont think that price was stainless i think it was aluminized. just borla muffler and then whatever tips i decided on, figurin about 80-100 on tips
    2000 TA, A4, LS6 intake, Magnaflow, WS9 hood, BMR STB, UMI boxed SFC, Spohn LCA, 9" Ford
    1998 TA Vert,​ NBM, M6, Flowmaster, WS6 hood, WS6 airbox, C6 wheels, UMI SFC, BMR STB
    1998 Bird, Black, V6, A4, 18" 077's, Wings West Body Kit
    1980 Formula, NBM, 402BB, cam, DR timing, LT headers, 3" TD w/ flowmasters, TH350
    1980 TA, Black, 301, bone stock

Quote Originally Posted by sped View Post
    I've heard an LM2 with LT's and ORY. It's loud as hell, gets people's attention, and I guess could be intimidating. No way in hell I'd ever put it on my car though. Just to raspy and loud.
    yeah i don't like the raspy and clappy that much i really want deeeeeeep with a little poppin

Does anybody have the list on the flow rates of different aftermarket exhausts for a ls1? I've seen a thread where someone posted it but i can't find it
    Last edited by GULLETT17; 11-12-2007 at 01:35 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information