Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LoudMouth

This is a discussion on LoudMouth within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; sorry to keep bugging you about this but you put your borla xr1 on right where the stock mid pipe ...

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

sorry to keep bugging you about this but you put your borla xr1 on right where the stock mid pipe connects to the cat back? Is there any way you could snap some pictures under there so I can see it? I would really appreciate that because I am not wanting to buy a different cat back. The muffler shop guy wouldnt even attempt to put the borla xr1 on cause he said it would hit the bottom of car and driveshaft. I really want a borla xr1 on my car very badly cause I heard they sound great. Please help me bro!!

The Pulse of the Maggots SicWs6's Avatar

NBM
    1999 Trans Am WS6

yes sir!!!

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    What issues are you having?
    I didnt think it was opening at 160. Come to find out my Temp Gauge is crap.

Le Mans Blue
    2004 Z16

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    sorry to keep bugging you about this but you put your borla xr1 on right where the stock mid pipe connects to the cat back? Is there any way you could snap some pictures under there so I can see it? I would really appreciate that because I am not wanting to buy a different cat back. The muffler shop guy wouldnt even attempt to put the borla xr1 on cause he said it would hit the bottom of car and driveshaft. I really want a borla xr1 on my car very badly cause I heard they sound great. Please help me bro!!
    Unfortunately, I'm about 4000 miles from my car right now... I can tell you that the XR1 went in the same location as the LM resonator and I've never had an issue with it (or the DynoMax bullet I had on there prior).

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Well I guess I am gonna buy another xr1 and take my car to a different muffler shop. Thanks for letting me know it will in fact fit. That will save me alot of money- I was to the point of buying another cat back cause the LM just isnt my cup of tea.

Le Mans Blue
    2004 Z16

Seriously, if the shop can't get it to fit, I don't know what to tell you. The BorlaMouth sounds really nasty (especially on my 383) and is pretty loud, but eliminates the rasp and a lot of the drone. Wait for a sale...I've seen the XR-1s go for $80.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by danziger View Post
    Seriously, if the shop can't get it to fit, I don't know what to tell you. The BorlaMouth sounds really nasty (especially on my 383) and is pretty loud, but eliminates the rasp and a lot of the drone. Wait for a sale...I've seen the XR-1s go for $80.
    I found out the problem buddy. The guy at the muffler shop welded the resonator right to the stock mid pipe instead of putting the small length(about 12-13") of 3" pipe that comes with the LM catback on first then the resonator. If he had done that the xr-1 would have cleared no problem because it would have been much further back towards the rear of the car. I called the muffler shop and that guy was fired so apparently he has issues following directions but they said they would fix it for me no problem. I also found where the guy hammered my pipe in one spot cause it wasnt clearing. It wasnt clearing because he didnt mock fit the exhaust he just started welding. It never ends!!! Thanks for your help-you must have thought I was nuts hhahahaha!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information