Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior Member Last of the Breed's Avatar

Peweter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Loudest Flowmaster Muffler

Which Flowmaster exhaust is going to provide the loudest, deepest sound. The single chamber Delta Force race muffler or the 40 series? Also, what's the sound difference between a chambered muffler (like a powerstick) and a bullet style (like the dynomax bullet). Is there a signifigant difference in which one is louder? Thanks for the help.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

you dont want a flowmaster on an ls1, sounds like crap, get a magnaflow bullet, or borla they are the best priced/ best sounding

Peweter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Why does everyone like Magnaflow so much? I understand that the Flowmaster cat-back system sucks, but I'm talking about mufflers for true duals. Plus, isn't the Magnaflow mufflers/bullets quieter than Flowmasters.

Awaiting Activation

SOM
    1998 T.A.

Flowmaster 10 series sound great and flow great. If you want loud you got it.....

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Last of the Breed View Post
    Why does everyone like Magnaflow so much? I understand that the Flowmaster cat-back system sucks, but I'm talking about mufflers for true duals. Plus, isn't the Magnaflow mufflers/bullets quieter than Flowmasters.
    not by much, and why do you want to be as loud as posible? i'm asuming your driving this car on the street? theres a pothead with bullets, headers, and cat delete here at my apartments, i've talked to people who are considering doing things to his car because of how loud it is, i know everytime that guy is leaving, and everytime he gets back home, even if i'm asleep, and hes well across the lot, i feel bad for his nieghbors..

anyways magnaflow or borla, if you have money get gmmg for the loudest and by far best sounding exhaust

Silver
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SOMbitch View Post
    Flowmaster 10 series sound great and flow great. If you want loud you got it.....
    Agreed. if you want flowmasters get them. mostly everyone here doesnt really like them but i think there great.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

I was thinking about getting the 40 series or 10 series for my x pipe when I get home, they sound good as hell.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    you dont want a flowmaster on an ls1, sounds like crap, get a magnaflow bullet, or borla they are the best priced/ best sounding
    That is only if it is the catback made for our cars not all of flowmaster sucks

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOex9OAjLeo&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

People seem to forget that it is a possibility to go duals in that case your horizons open up. And certain exhaust systems sound great stock then turn to shit with headers. You are only limited by what you limit yourself to.

And what the hell is it w/ firebird owners posting tech q's in the firebird sections? It is all ls-1's they sound exactly the same, more responses would be in the external section of the forum.
    Last edited by c5z28; 12-02-2009 at 02:03 PM.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    And what the hell is it w/ firebird owners posting tech q's in the firebird sections? It is all ls-1's they sound exactly the same, more responses would be in the external section of the forum.
    Pretty sure the mods all agree with you. I see more tech threads removed from here then any other section.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Magnaflow bullets are there own loud, very deep-lots of base. I had to go over the axle and put cats on because it was to much just ending before the axle-as it was ending at the axle.

Peweter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    not by much, and why do you want to be as loud as posible? i'm asuming your driving this car on the street? theres a pothead with bullets, headers, and cat delete here at my apartments, i've talked to people who are considering doing things to his car because of how loud it is, i know everytime that guy is leaving, and everytime he gets back home, even if i'm asleep, and hes well across the lot, i feel bad for his nieghbors..

anyways magnaflow or borla, if you have money get gmmg for the loudest and by far best sounding exhaust
    Ok, I'm doing true duals and really like the sound of the gmmg cat-back system. With true duals, if I go with something like powersticks, would that produce the same sound as the gmmg cat-back, but louder?

Peweter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    I was thinking about getting the 40 series or 10 series for my x pipe when I get home, they sound good as hell.
    Which do you think sounds better, the 40 or 10 series. What is the real difference. I know the 10 series is a single chambered muffler, so I'm assuming it is louder, but does the 40 series give it a more traditional muscle car sound?

1998 Trans Am

Ok, I'm doing true duals and really like the sound of the gmmg cat-back system. With true duals, if I go with something like powersticks, would that produce the same sound as the gmmg cat-back, but louder?
    never heard of powersticks

gmmg pipes are basically tubes with dents in them so

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    in my H/C goat I'm running pacesetter lts, with 3" dynamax bullets right of the headers and then strait into flowmaster super 44's and dual 3" strait out the back.....slight drone while cruising, tolerable at idle, but extremely loud exotic muscle at WOT......ive been asked several times if I'm running cutouts

In need of another LS1 00blacktransam112's Avatar

Black
    2000 Pontiac TA

if you want something loud, go with a loudmouth. its plain loud all the time. its not raspy IMO with the manifolds and cats. if you have LT's and an ORY and the loudmouth it gets so raspy if not even funny, it just doesnt sound good in the least. i have never been a fan of flowstoppers anyways but some people like em and some dont. GMMG sound tits though.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by 00BlackTranny112 View Post
    if you want something loud, go with a loudmouth. its plain loud all the time. its not raspy IMO with the manifolds and cats. if you have LT's and an ORY and the loudmouth it gets so raspy if not even funny, it just doesnt sound good in the least. i have never been a fan of flowstoppers anyways but some people like em and some dont. GMMG sound tits though.
    I wish I could remember where I read it, but read a very good article on different muffler styles and the whole (restrictive) flowmaster theory. basicly it comes down to the theory of pulse waves and how the chambers actually cancel exhaust waves and act like open exhaust, and can actually flow better than a strait through muffler

nbm
    2002 Camaro Z28

check out classic chambered mufflers they have a true 3in chambered muffler. I have a flowmaster single chamber on my car and get complements on it all the time. I really like the sound of it but it drones pretty bad cruising down the I-state.

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    I wish I could remember where I read it, but read a very good article on different muffler styles and the whole (restrictive) flowmaster theory. basicly it comes down to the theory of pulse waves and how the chambers actually cancel exhaust waves and act like open exhaust, and can actually flow better than a strait through muffler
    While the 80 series crossflow muffler is junk, the rest of the Flowmaster lineup isn't too bad. David Vizard said the 10 series (single chamber) Flowmaster is just about the most efficient true muffler money can buy.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28 View Post
    While the 80 series crossflow muffler is junk, the rest of the Flowmaster lineup isn't too bad. David Vizard said the 10 series (single chamber) Flowmaster is just about the most efficient true muffler money can buy.
    yup, the Flowmaster catback with a single 80 series muffler is where they got a bad rep for low flow and can't shake it.......1 muffler out of who knows how many they make and everyone quotes how bad it flowed......kinda funny isn't it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information