Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52

Loudest Flowmaster Muffler

This is a discussion on Loudest Flowmaster Muffler within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Which Flowmaster exhaust is going to provide the loudest, deepest sound. The single chamber Delta Force race muffler or the ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member Last of the Breed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Jefferson City, Mo
    Posts
    40

    Peweter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

    Loudest Flowmaster Muffler

    Which Flowmaster exhaust is going to provide the loudest, deepest sound. The single chamber Delta Force race muffler or the 40 series? Also, what's the sound difference between a chambered muffler (like a powerstick) and a bullet style (like the dynomax bullet). Is there a signifigant difference in which one is louder? Thanks for the help.

  2. #2
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    you dont want a flowmaster on an ls1, sounds like crap, get a magnaflow bullet, or borla they are the best priced/ best sounding

  3. #3
    Junior Member Last of the Breed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Jefferson City, Mo
    Posts
    40

    Peweter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

    Why does everyone like Magnaflow so much? I understand that the Flowmaster cat-back system sucks, but I'm talking about mufflers for true duals. Plus, isn't the Magnaflow mufflers/bullets quieter than Flowmasters.

  4. #4
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    635

    SOM
    1998 T.A.

    Flowmaster 10 series sound great and flow great. If you want loud you got it.....

  5. #5
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Last of the Breed View Post
    Why does everyone like Magnaflow so much? I understand that the Flowmaster cat-back system sucks, but I'm talking about mufflers for true duals. Plus, isn't the Magnaflow mufflers/bullets quieter than Flowmasters.
    not by much, and why do you want to be as loud as posible? i'm asuming your driving this car on the street? theres a pothead with bullets, headers, and cat delete here at my apartments, i've talked to people who are considering doing things to his car because of how loud it is, i know everytime that guy is leaving, and everytime he gets back home, even if i'm asleep, and hes well across the lot, i feel bad for his nieghbors..

    anyways magnaflow or borla, if you have money get gmmg for the loudest and by far best sounding exhaust

  6. #6
    The Silver Bullet LS1_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Brush Colorado
    Posts
    323

    Silver
    1999 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by SOMbitch View Post
    Flowmaster 10 series sound great and flow great. If you want loud you got it.....
    Agreed. if you want flowmasters get them. mostly everyone here doesnt really like them but i think there great.

  7. #7
    Senior Member bluehawk2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hickory, NC
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,492

    midnight blue
    2000 trans am

    I was thinking about getting the 40 series or 10 series for my x pipe when I get home, they sound good as hell.

  8. #8
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    you dont want a flowmaster on an ls1, sounds like crap, get a magnaflow bullet, or borla they are the best priced/ best sounding
    That is only if it is the catback made for our cars not all of flowmaster sucks

    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOex9OAjLeo&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

  9. #9
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    People seem to forget that it is a possibility to go duals in that case your horizons open up. And certain exhaust systems sound great stock then turn to shit with headers. You are only limited by what you limit yourself to.

    And what the hell is it w/ firebird owners posting tech q's in the firebird sections? It is all ls-1's they sound exactly the same, more responses would be in the external section of the forum.
    Last edited by c5z28; 12-02-2009 at 03:03 PM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member raynor139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,319

    Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    And what the hell is it w/ firebird owners posting tech q's in the firebird sections? It is all ls-1's they sound exactly the same, more responses would be in the external section of the forum.
    Pretty sure the mods all agree with you. I see more tech threads removed from here then any other section.

  11. #11
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by Last of the Breed View Post
    Why does everyone like Magnaflow so much? I understand that the Flowmaster cat-back system sucks, but I'm talking about mufflers for true duals. Plus, isn't the Magnaflow mufflers/bullets quieter than Flowmasters.
    Magnaflow bullets are there own loud, very deep-lots of base. I had to go over the axle and put cats on because it was to much just ending before the axle-as it was ending at the axle.


  12. #12
    Junior Member Last of the Breed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Jefferson City, Mo
    Posts
    40

    Peweter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    not by much, and why do you want to be as loud as posible? i'm asuming your driving this car on the street? theres a pothead with bullets, headers, and cat delete here at my apartments, i've talked to people who are considering doing things to his car because of how loud it is, i know everytime that guy is leaving, and everytime he gets back home, even if i'm asleep, and hes well across the lot, i feel bad for his nieghbors..

    anyways magnaflow or borla, if you have money get gmmg for the loudest and by far best sounding exhaust
    Ok, I'm doing true duals and really like the sound of the gmmg cat-back system. With true duals, if I go with something like powersticks, would that produce the same sound as the gmmg cat-back, but louder?

  13. #13
    Junior Member Last of the Breed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Jefferson City, Mo
    Posts
    40

    Peweter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    I was thinking about getting the 40 series or 10 series for my x pipe when I get home, they sound good as hell.
    Which do you think sounds better, the 40 or 10 series. What is the real difference. I know the 10 series is a single chambered muffler, so I'm assuming it is louder, but does the 40 series give it a more traditional muscle car sound?

  14. #14
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Last of the Breed View Post
    Ok, I'm doing true duals and really like the sound of the gmmg cat-back system. With true duals, if I go with something like powersticks, would that produce the same sound as the gmmg cat-back, but louder?
    never heard of powersticks

    gmmg pipes are basically tubes with dents in them so

  15. #15
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    I was thinking about getting the 40 series or 10 series for my x pipe when I get home, they sound good as hell.
    in my H/C goat I'm running pacesetter lts, with 3" dynamax bullets right of the headers and then strait into flowmaster super 44's and dual 3" strait out the back.....slight drone while cruising, tolerable at idle, but extremely loud exotic muscle at WOT......ive been asked several times if I'm running cutouts

  16. #16
    In need of another LS1 00blacktransam112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sutton MA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    258

    Black
    2000 Pontiac TA

    if you want something loud, go with a loudmouth. its plain loud all the time. its not raspy IMO with the manifolds and cats. if you have LT's and an ORY and the loudmouth it gets so raspy if not even funny, it just doesnt sound good in the least. i have never been a fan of flowstoppers anyways but some people like em and some dont. GMMG sound tits though.

  17. #17
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    Quote Originally Posted by 00BlackTranny112 View Post
    if you want something loud, go with a loudmouth. its plain loud all the time. its not raspy IMO with the manifolds and cats. if you have LT's and an ORY and the loudmouth it gets so raspy if not even funny, it just doesnt sound good in the least. i have never been a fan of flowstoppers anyways but some people like em and some dont. GMMG sound tits though.
    I wish I could remember where I read it, but read a very good article on different muffler styles and the whole (restrictive) flowmaster theory. basicly it comes down to the theory of pulse waves and how the chambers actually cancel exhaust waves and act like open exhaust, and can actually flow better than a strait through muffler

  18. #18
    Junior Member jmro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    17

    nbm
    2002 Camaro Z28

    check out classic chambered mufflers they have a true 3in chambered muffler. I have a flowmaster single chamber on my car and get complements on it all the time. I really like the sound of it but it drones pretty bad cruising down the I-state.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    I wish I could remember where I read it, but read a very good article on different muffler styles and the whole (restrictive) flowmaster theory. basicly it comes down to the theory of pulse waves and how the chambers actually cancel exhaust waves and act like open exhaust, and can actually flow better than a strait through muffler
    While the 80 series crossflow muffler is junk, the rest of the Flowmaster lineup isn't too bad. David Vizard said the 10 series (single chamber) Flowmaster is just about the most efficient true muffler money can buy.

  20. #20
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28 View Post
    While the 80 series crossflow muffler is junk, the rest of the Flowmaster lineup isn't too bad. David Vizard said the 10 series (single chamber) Flowmaster is just about the most efficient true muffler money can buy.
    yup, the Flowmaster catback with a single 80 series muffler is where they got a bad rep for low flow and can't shake it.......1 muffler out of who knows how many they make and everyone quotes how bad it flowed......kinda funny isn't it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Loudest Muffler
    By ls1camino in forum External Engine
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 08:12 PM
  2. Flowmaster Muffler
    By speedracer25f in forum General Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-07-2007, 05:17 AM
  3. Flowmaster Muffler? WHICH ONE?!!?
    By SteelmanLS1 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 05:35 AM
  4. Flowmaster Muffler
    By homerunhtr21 in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-26-2007, 07:58 PM
  5. flowmaster muffler gone bad
    By adham in forum External Engine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-21-2006, 11:49 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •