Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Loud Mouth 2 or GMMG

This is a discussion on Loud Mouth 2 or GMMG within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; i personally like the sound of the loudmouth II. yeah people say its too raspy. but i didnt even think ...

Impounded
    i personally like the sound of the loudmouth II. yeah people say its too raspy. but i didnt even think so without cats even. but then again. i dont like the magnaflow unless its paired up with Kooks LTs and ORY. i must have a different taste than everyone else.
    but like its stated..you have to find what works for you.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    i personally like the sound of the loudmouth II. yeah people say its too raspy. but i didnt even think so without cats even. but then again. i dont like the magnaflow unless its paired up with Kooks LTs and ORY. i must have a different taste than everyone else.
    but like its stated..you have to find what works for you.
    I agree with you.

Impounded
    i just cant decide between ARH 1 7/8s and Kooks 1 7/8s...
    and then i have to decide Catted or ORY...leaning towards ORY (no emmisions here)
    but im getting the SLP LMII because i found one for a great price and couldnt pass it up.
    if i dont like it...ill just throw a different muffler on there...or take it off!!!!!!

fap for the rasp lmao

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Not sure why you are having a tough time deciding...they are of equal quality and the best 2 LTs you can buy. Get the ones you get a better deal on!

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS6

oopps, I just read the post in the for sale section and realized I can't sell anything for three months and I don't have sufficient posts. I wasn't trying to get around the system.

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Not sure why you are having a tough time deciding...they are of equal quality and the best 2 LTs you can buy. Get the ones you get a better deal on!
    lol well im researching prices and waiting on a quote from Mark on the Kooks 1 7/8 and ORY

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

American Racing! i love mine, fit a finish is excellent and they tuck up nice as well
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1 View Post
    American Racing! i love mine, fit a finish is excellent and they tuck up nice as well
    you running 3/4 or 7/8s?
    and do you have a clip of it?

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Ok here's the question(s) to offer clarity: How much money do you have to work with???? Your answer should narrow down your options. My advice is as follows: How many times do you wish to RE-DO your exhaust????? Do it right the first time and be done with it. Personally, I went with CORSA because its a proven set up with awesome asthetics, and I haven't thought once to change this.........what for????

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

you running 3/4 or 7/8s?
    and do you have a clip of it?

im running the 1 3/4 primaries. 1 7/8 are not needed unless your going with bigger cubes
    only clips i have are drag racing and burnouts

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I'd go with the GMMG.

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1 View Post
    im running the 1 3/4 primaries. 1 7/8 are not needed unless your going with bigger cubes
    only clips i have are drag racing and burnouts
    yeah poeple say that i shoudl just go with 3/4s but i figured 7/8s wouldnt hurt anyting...

Black
    2002 trans am ws6

I have american racing lt's 1" 7/8 and slp lm 11, I love it a cold start is loud enough 2 wake up ur neighbors at 5am i nthe morning goi n2 work which y i take another car but once its warmed up at idle its not to loud but noticable, I dont hear 2 much inside the car its pretty good at keeping the noise behind you but when u step on it its screaming very loud if u go under a tunnel u can probably make someone def lol, a friend of mine has kooks lt's 1 7/8" and slp with no cats when we drive next 2 each other down the road there r a few car alarms goin off....but it all depends how u drive if u keep the rpms low its not that bad which i do if im comin home late but if u drive regular everyone will know somethin big is comin down the road they can hear u pretty far away

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

yeah poeple say that i shoudl just go with 3/4s but i figured 7/8s wouldnt hurt anyting...
    Correct. 1-7/8" will not hurt anything.

Wow LM2 sounds mean as hell without much rasp at all.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUrljPKzSDg&playnext=1&videos=0EQU0RDCR3c& feature=mfu_in_order[/ame]

Black
    2002 trans am ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    Wow LM2 sounds mean as hell without much rasp at all.

IM not sure what headers he has on that camaro but mine gets louder then that ima have 2 make a video soon prob saturday when i take it out to detail it...that camaro does sound sick though!!

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by 02blckws6 View Post
    I have american racing lt's 1" 7/8 and slp lm 11, I love it a cold start is loud enough 2 wake up ur neighbors at 5am i nthe morning goi n2 work which y i take another car but once its warmed up at idle its not to loud but noticable, I dont hear 2 much inside the car its pretty good at keeping the noise behind you but when u step on it its screaming very loud if u go under a tunnel u can probably make someone def lol, a friend of mine has kooks lt's 1 7/8" and slp with no cats when we drive next 2 each other down the road there r a few car alarms goin off....but it all depends how u drive if u keep the rpms low its not that bad which i do if im comin home late but if u drive regular everyone will know somethin big is comin down the road they can hear u pretty far away
    these are the two set ups im debating. i think im going with kooks tho just because theyre slightly cheaper. ill probably be ordering them next week so i can get it in the shop and finally have that LOUDASS beast sound

Black
    2002 trans am ws6

these are the two set ups im debating. i think im going with kooks tho just because theyre slightly cheaper. ill probably be ordering them next week so i can get it in the shop and finally have that LOUDASS beast sound

There both just about exactly the same his gets a lil louder becasue he has no cats but either way ur goin 2 love it man!...after lookin at ur firebird id be careful goin to a trans am with full exhausted its def a lil more powerful lol

P.S. keep us posted with thisi wanan know how it came out
    Last edited by 02blckws6; 10-08-2010 at 01:23 PM.

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by 02blckws6 View Post
    There both just about exactly the same his gets a lil louder becasue he has no cats but either way ur goin 2 love it man!...after lookin at ur firebird id be careful goin to a trans am with full exhausted its def a lil more powerful lol

P.S. keep us posted with thisi wanan know how it came out
    lol thanks...and i know its a lil more powerful....2 tickets and pulled over 3 other times in the passed 4 months...
    fail.
    but dont worry...ill post up a clip as soon as i get it done.

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

just go lm2 since you have cats on your car and if need be get a different muffler/ resonator with the monies you saved from not getting the gmmg so you can change the tone if you want. There i just made the dicision for you. Thank you Thank you i will be available for photo ops later tonight.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information