Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Loud Mouth 2 or GMMG

This is a discussion on Loud Mouth 2 or GMMG within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I have the loudmouth 1, obx racing headers and y pipe on my car and it's not super loud, I ...

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

I have the loudmouth 1, obx racing headers and y pipe on my car and it's not super loud, I do have highflow cats on it though. Why don't you just do something like a borla mouth if the loudmouth is too loud for you but like the price. You can get a borla xr1 muffler for relatively cheap, I think summit racing has it for between $116-130. I can post a video of what mine sounds like with the loudmouth if you would like.
    Last edited by 98TransAmWs-6; 09-24-2010 at 12:16 PM.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    Not sure what to get. Hooker has bad quality, I hate the borla tips, corsa is far too expensive, magnaflow is too quiet for me, lm1 is too loud, tsp is too raspy, flowmaster sounds like crap. Yeah im picky I guess.
    You went from stating "I want something that is very, very loud at WOT" to "LM1 is too loud"...

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    You went from stating "I want something that is very, very loud at WOT" to "LM1 is too loud"...

LM1 is too loud just driving around. I need something I can keep somewhat quiet.

2000 Trans Am

LM1 is too loud just driving around. I need something I can keep somewhat quiet.
    then by a v tech then
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

How is your current exhaust falling apart?
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    How is your current exhaust falling apart?
    There is a rattle coming from inside the muffler.

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    then by a v tech then
    I was thinking of buy buying the stickers..

White
    1998 Trans Am

You know if you like the Normal but not the tips you can get Corsa clones from afterthoughts auto for like $55. I love my slp powerflo but hate their tips so I got it and sold the slp tips for $40 and got the Corsa clones. I personally don't like Borla tips but a lot of people do.so their a easy sell and will pay for tips you like better.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

black

There is a rattle coming from inside the muffler.
    Just swap out the muffler. Its alot cheaper doing that than changing the whole exhaust.

Just swap out the muffler. Its alot cheaper doing that than changing the whole exhaust.
    Can you buy just the gmmg muffler? I think its only sold as a cat back. Or I guess I could just buy another areochamber muffler. I wish hooker made a stainless steel one.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

GMMG isn't a muffler.

The hooker exhaust made my car more tolerable compared to the magnaflow.
    Curious...by more tolerable...do you mean the overall tone or how loud it is?

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Not sure what to get. Hooker has bad quality, I hate the borla tips, corsa is far too expensive, magnaflow is too quiet for me, lm1 is too loud, tsp is too raspy, flowmaster sounds like crap. Yeah im picky I guess.
    Get the Borla and sell me the tips for a low price I love the way my Borla XR-1 sounds but I would go with gmmg from your two choices

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

i would never spend $800-$1000 for a cat-back system like the GMMG. i have had the LM and loved it on my SS now, i have TSP TD's with dual LM resonators and she is mean.

on the TA i have the adjustable Borla that came on the car when i bought it. i hate it.

black

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    GMMG isn't a muffler.

Curious...by more tolerable...do you mean the overall tone or how loud it is?
    Less rasp and a tad quieter but the hooker has more of a old school sound/tone to it

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

Out of the two I would pick the gmmg of slp any day. I have a flowmaster without cats and it is very low, loud and aggressive. A lot of people knock flowmaster until they hear mine. It all comes down to personal prefference. Its your car so make sure its sounds how you want it to.
    2002 Camaro SS/M6. Volant CAI, 80mm TB w/spacer, cat delete w/ ory, borla XR-1 w/ cme, custom tune, 3.73's, 8,000k HID headlights and foglights, 19" staggered ruff 278 wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by dennis ss View Post
    Out of the two I would pick the gmmg of slp any day. I have a flowmaster without cats and it is very low, loud and aggressive. A lot of people knock flowmaster until they hear mine. It all comes down to personal prefference. Its your car so make sure its sounds how you want it to.
    I have had flowmasters on both of my previous cars so maybe I am just tired of that sound. Im on the fence but I am probably going to get the gmmg, if not I guess ill go back to the hooker and hope the muffler doesnt break again.

Thanks for the responses. Ill try to get some sound clips up for you guys.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I'd go LM2. With cats on it won't be too loud. I'd never pay what they ask for the GMMG. Replacing the muffler isn't a bad idea either. You could go to any ole muffler shop and have them put something quiet in there, then go with an electric cutout, for when you want that stupid loud wide open throttle sound. Just throwing out another idea...

GMMG hands down.....the hooker catback is a POS....dont ask me how i know lol

If I put just the LM2 muffler on it how loud would that be?

Im lovin the price lol

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Can you buy just the gmmg muffler? I think its only sold as a cat back. Or I guess I could just buy another areochamber muffler. I wish hooker made a stainless steel one.
    Hey, i'm new here. I've been trolling around for a while though. I actually have a GMMG muffler still in the box. I bought it to put on my last formula but never got it on. Unused. If you were looking to get it I would sell it to you. I dont even know if you can buy the mufflers. Atleast not here at Summit racing where I work.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information