Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 62

Kooks True Dual Exhaust

This is a discussion on Kooks True Dual Exhaust within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by xssv Just had mine wedged in. Fit was far from good....shop ended up cutting 1-1/2" to 2" ...

  1. #41
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by xssv View Post
    Just had mine wedged in. Fit was far from good....shop ended up cutting 1-1/2" to 2" off the headers (THEIR headers too!) and trimmed a little on the pipes over the axle to make it all work. Does look killer under there though....

    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Where did you gas tank run off too?

  2. #42
    Member xssv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    312
    01 SS

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    WOW that looks killer....Im suprised they had to do all that cutting and trimming?,,,did you call KooKs on it?....anyway it looks great...noticed two things... 1) do you have rear coil-overs?.... 2) No mufflers huh?...man id sure like to hear what that sounds like? any up coming video?.....
    Thanks! In response to your questions..... 1) No coil-overs - Eibach Pro's with air bags. 2) Mufflers are there....the two big shiney bullets on both sides of the gas tank

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Where did you gas tank run off too?
    Gas tank is there....black....two silver straps on it in with a harness zip-tied to them.

  3. #43
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by xssv View Post
    Thanks! In response to your questions..... 1) No coil-overs - Eibach Pro's with air bags. 2) Mufflers are there....the two big shiney bullets on both sides of the gas tank


    Gas tank is there....black....two silver straps on it in with a harness zip-tied to them.
    I see the straps and I see a harness wound up and zip tied,,,but for some reason the gas tank appears invisible.

  4. #44
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Do they make the system removable back there under the gas tank? I can't tell in the pictures.

  5. #45
    Member SuperSSguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    979

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    They use bullet style mufflers at the very tail of the system. If you haven't heard the system, I can tell you it's extremely loud
    HMMM couldnt see them in the pics?

  6. #46
    Member SuperSSguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    979

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by xssv View Post
    Thanks! In response to your questions..... 1) No coil-overs - Eibach Pro's with air bags. 2) Mufflers are there....the two big shiney bullets on both sides of the gas tank



    Gas tank is there....black....two silver straps on it in with a harness zip-tied to them.
    Okay....so how you likin them air bags?..and huh the bullets your talkin about look alot like my Magna-flo tail pipes thats why i guess i missed them in the pics.. Can you raise and lower your car with those like air-rides?
    Last edited by SuperSSguy; 08-23-2012 at 01:06 AM.

  7. #47
    Member SuperSSguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    979

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

    QUOTE=35th-ANV-SS;

    I don't have any clearance issues with my exhaust, but I don't have true duals either.[/QUOTE]

    Yeah but i think that Pro-charger ya got makes up for it..tee-hee.......

  8. #48
    Member SuperSSguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    979

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    Kooks is the product I'll be getting. I'd rather wait addition years to save for them, vs going a different product.



    1. Kooks headers + kooks TD = ~ $2500

    or

    2. Kooks headers + kooks catted y + magnaflow catback = ~ $2100

    So I ask myself, is $400 worth TD? Plus, option 2 can be done is stages.


    I also agree, it would nice if you they offered a whole package deal, headers + TD setup for 2k.
    Got my KooKs 1 7/8 Lt`s in 2008 -wish they had a TD set up then.... I would have done what your saying,,,waited saved and get the whole enchilada!! Now i have tha KooKs Lt`s just have to buy the rest

  9. #49
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Or use Bassani's true dual exhaust setup for about 1/3 the cost, and it's alot quieter while still providing a little bark

  10. #50
    Member xssv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    312
    01 SS

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    Okay....so how you likin them air bags?..and huh the bullets your talkin about look alot like my Magna-flo tail pipes thats why i guess i missed them in the pics.. Can you raise and lower your car with those like air-rides?
    Haven't run the car yet with the bags. Lol, haven't run anything in nearly 8yrs. Yes, you modify height, ride firmness, roll, etc. biggest reason I went with them is because I cut the bump stops off.

  11. #51
    Member SuperSSguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    979

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by xssv View Post
    Haven't run the car yet with the bags. Lol, haven't run anything in nearly 8yrs. Yes, you modify height, ride firmness, roll, etc. biggest reason I went with them is because I cut the bump stops off.
    Should probably start a new thread or a poll but i was going to ask and see what the general opinions of... air bags..vs...coil overs were? I saw an episode of Horsepowertv when they did a Gen 4 Camaro with bags...it got good results on the cones..as far as coil overs ive had them on previous car and were great.

  12. #52
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    Should probably start a new thread or a poll but i was going to ask and see what the general opinions of... air bags..vs...coil overs were? I saw an episode of Horsepowertv when they did a Gen 4 Camaro with bags...it got good results on the cones..as far as coil overs ive had them on previous car and were great.
    I use air bags in coil suspension in the rear for one purpose,,,and that's to preload the passenger side at the dragstrip to help plant the tires better. Otherwise I run zero air in them and they are just along for the ride any other time.

  13. #53
    Member SuperSSguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    979

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I use air bags in coil suspension in the rear for one purpose,,,and that's to preload the passenger side at the dragstrip to help plant the tires better. Otherwise I run zero air in them and they are just along for the ride any other time.
    AH! So you still have your shocks and coil springs but with a bag in the middle of the spring as opposed to a full on bag set up w/o springs and shocks....

  14. #54
    Member xssv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    312
    01 SS

    ^^^ exactly.


  15. #55
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    AH! So you still have your shocks and coil springs but with a bag in the middle of the spring as opposed to a full on bag set up w/o springs and shocks....
    Yep,,,,it allows you to preload the spring (or springs) but they can ride without air and you don't even know they are in there,,,,so you get your ride quality back.

  16. #56
    Member SuperSSguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    979

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

    Nice ...

  17. #57
    expensive tires az gt eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    phoenix
    Posts
    1,951

    white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

    Nothing sneakier than an old drag racer?

  18. #58
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Cambridge, Ontario
    Posts
    15

    Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

    I just bought the Kooks exhaust. From this photo, can you tell if I need to replace the UMI parts that I have with a BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop (Part# DSL001) and a BMR Panhard Rod Relocation (Part# PHR004)?

    Click for full size

    Attachment 26499
    Last edited by South; 01-05-2016 at 01:07 PM.

  19. #59
    Member 98ramairguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hamburg, NY
    Posts
    225

    Black
    1998 Trans am WS6

    https://www.holley.com/products/exha.../70501413-RHKR

    I know this is an old post but is anyone running this system. It's a lot cheaper than the kooks and bassani

  20. #60
    Senior Member raynor139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,319

    Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by 98ramairguy View Post
    https://www.holley.com/products/exha.../70501413-RHKR

    I know this is an old post but is anyone running this system. It's a lot cheaper than the kooks and bassani
    Most people don't run it in stock form because it uses mid length headers. Every person I've seen has it modified for full length headers. Plus it's 2.5 while many prefer 3. Honestly unless your running some high hp setup the 2.5 is fine. Biggest good thing I've heard and seen is that it's one of the best fitting dual exhaust system for our cars.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Kooks true dual exhaust
    By Supersport0126 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-19-2012, 07:26 PM
  2. new kooks true dual exhaust
    By Nasario in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-09-2011, 06:51 PM
  3. Looking for a True Dual Exhaust.
    By ctkws6 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 12:41 PM
  4. True Dual Exhaust
    By GottaHaveLS1 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-11-2005, 06:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •