Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Kooks True Dual Exhaust

This is a discussion on Kooks True Dual Exhaust within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; You also have to figure in the cost of the upper panhard bar relocation which runs ~$200 + $1600 for ...

Black
    1999 camaro

You also have to figure in the cost of the upper panhard bar relocation which runs ~$200 + $1600 for the duals + $800 for the headers. I can't see spending that much for just an exhaust but more power to the ones that have the money to spend on it, because no doubt it is a very nice system.

NBM
    2002 NBM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 1999slpss View Post
    You also have to figure in the cost of the upper panhard bar relocation which runs ~$200 + $1600 for the duals + $800 for the headers. I can't see spending that much for just an exhaust but more power to the ones that have the money to spend on it, because no doubt it is a very nice system.
    Most dragstrips require a loop anyway once you are in the 12's, and most ppl lower their cars requiring an adjustable panhard, so these are pretty common aftermarket parts so I am not going to make a big deal of that, but I agree it is a big investment.

The loop is found for less than $100 in most places with free s&h and no tax if out of state, and the panhard is only about $150 to $200 at most.

This exhaust looks 200 times nicer than any of my local shops do, and tucked so well compared to the other kits I think its worth it imho so long as it doesnt cause probs with lowering and big rear ends.
    Last edited by fil131; 05-30-2011 at 09:41 PM.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by fil131 View Post
    Most dragstrips require a loop anyway once you are in the 12's, and most ppl lower their cars requiring an adjustable panhard, so these are pretty common aftermarket parts so I am not going to make a big deal of that, but I agree it is a big investment.

The loop is found for less than $100 in most places with free s&h and no tax if out of state, and the panhard is only about $150 to $200 at most.

This exhaust looks 200 times nicer than any of my local shops do, and tucked so well compared to the other kits I think its worth it imho so long as it doesnt cause probs with lowering and big rear ends.
    An adjustable PHB and a relocation kit for the PHB are two totally separate things.

NBM
    2002 NBM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    An adjustable PHB and a relocation kit for the PHB are two totally separate things.
    Ya sorry, just realized that and was going to edit my post but you beat me to it.

So you cant lower your car in the rear with this exhaust?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by fil131 View Post
    Ya sorry, just realized that and was going to edit my post but you beat me to it.

So you cant lower your car in the rear with this exhaust?
    My guess is without getting the relocation kit for the PHB, no.

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    My guess is without getting the relocation kit for the PHB, no.

From the video, looks like the kit tucks very well up underneath the car and ground clearance, even if lowered, shouldn't be too awful a problem. I would suspect the kit would fit with an aftermarket rear being how this kit is meant for high horsepower applications and to handle high hp/tq u would need an aftermarket rear that they would have compensated for that somehow or i would hope so.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I have a 9" and am lowered. When researching, I found that the relocation kit for the PHB was basically designed for the use of true duals.

I don't have any clearance issues with my exhaust, but I don't have true duals either.

I have the adj. PHB on the car already with the relo kit in the garage for when i get my new rear in case i need it... But it is def. necessary for lowered and/or aftermarket rears i would suspect

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I have the relocation kit on mine. It worked great.

Good to know!!!! Can't wait till i get enough time to finally put everything in!

Black
    1999 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by NeeD4SpeeD View Post
    Good to know!!!! Can't wait till i get enough time to finally put everything in!
    Pics and vids when you get er done!

Quote Originally Posted by 1999slpss View Post
    Pics and vids when you get er done!
    Consider it done!

Crytal Red Tint Coat
    2013 SS Camaro Covertible

Just installed Kooks true duals on my Z28. It all fit except for the drive shaft loop. The pipes are too low on my car for the loop to bolt up with enough clearance. Also the exhaust tips are going to have to be adusted. The passenger side sticks out about an inch further than the drivers side. I will have to adust the slip fit of the pipe on that side. other than that it looks great. I have not cranked it up with this system yet.
    2013 Camaro SS Convertible, Whipple Supercharger, Kooks Coated 1 7/8" headers, CAI Cold air induction
    http://s33.photobucket.com/user/Deea...?sort=3&page=1

Hold your ears

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

I have KooKs LT`s & KooKs catted Y-hi flow cats....wished they had this TD system when i bought my LT`s !! I would have just sucked it up and spent the dough!! It is an insane amount that they want but ive found out through trial and error (and money) that sometimes its better to go for it (if you can afford it)..Its better to get it then once its in,,,uh,,its IN! The money you initially save on a compromise is lost when you change out for a better or more wanted system! I have the KooKs Lt`s already and if its possible (someday) i`d like to get the KooKs TD`s i figure ive got half the system already so...............in an nutshell...I SAY GO FOR IT !!!....I love my KooKs.......

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by NeeD4SpeeD View Post
    Consider it done!
    Yes to pics but more importantly..VIDEO...please....... with sound.......VROOOM.....lol

01 SS

Just had mine wedged in. Fit was far from good....shop ended up cutting 1-1/2" to 2" off the headers (THEIR headers too!) and trimmed a little on the pipes over the axle to make it all work. Does look killer under there though....

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by xssv View Post
    Just had mine wedged in. Fit was far from good....shop ended up cutting 1-1/2" to 2" off the headers (THEIR headers too!) and trimmed a little on the pipes over the axle to make it all work. Does look killer under there though....

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    WOW that looks killer....Im suprised they had to do all that cutting and trimming?,,,did you call KooKs on it?....anyway it looks great...noticed two things... 1) do you have rear coil-overs?.... 2) No mufflers huh?...man id sure like to hear what that sounds like? any up coming video?.....

They use bullet style mufflers at the very tail of the system. If you haven't heard the system, I can tell you it's extremely loud

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information