Thread: K&N vs. SLP

Artic White
    1999 Trans Am

K&N vs. SLP

What cold air intake works the best???

MSZ28

PEWTER
    1999 Z28

what about the filter package that comes with suncoast creation hoods, is that all factory parts, I got a ss hood from suncoast and the air filter box that works w/ the hood had GM factory stickers on them

BBATCAR
    If you have a WS6 hood, then Debaffle and seal to the air box, high flow filter and new Lid, gain 5-15 hp

Black
    1999 ls1

i just installed the raptor hood from suncoast and the air box they have. i think i gain more performance up top but i dunno because i also had the free ram air

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Camaro

IMO I think that if you are thinking of running a functional hood you should go with the k&n. I have had mine for almost two years now and I felt a huge difference in the top end. Note: I was on the stock lid before that. I didn't really feel a difference untill I installed my ss hood. Its kind of pricy but i think its worth it. Run a search on the fipk, I can't remember right now but there was an article in which they tested a lid vs the fipk and the k&n was good for 5 more hp.

Black
    1999 ls1

i would say get ram air. i race a buddy he has a 99 ls1 6speed with exhaust and k&n filter pretty much stock. i have 99 6 speed, the raptor hood and suncoast box we went from a 40 roll by 120 i had about 3 cars length he said the faster we went the farther i was pulling away. i took him for a ride in my car he also said i had alot more topend grunt. Ram air its worth every penny IMO

Red
    2000 Slp Firehawk #128

I have SLP AND Gained 7 rwhp with it. Super happy with quality.

Thread Information