This is a discussion on K&N COLD Air within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; any of you guys here have the k&n cold air fipk on your cars and if so was it worth ...

bright rally red
    2002 ss 35th

K&N COLD Air

any of you guys here have the k&n cold air fipk on your cars and if so was it worth the upgrade also post pics if you can..

mercersburg pa

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by charlesss View Post
    any of you guys here have the k&n cold air fipk on your cars and if so was it worth the upgrade also post pics if you can..
    it might not sound pretty but on my 04 goat I punched a 5" hole in the passenger side sheet metal right in front of the wheel well and fabbed up my own intake with 4" pvc pipe from home depot and bought a filter from autozone... I made a gasket and it looks and performs great for under $50.

I'll try and post some pics for you this weekend

black silver
    99 z28, 81 z28

cold air

i did the free cold air mod on mine with a good lid and a k&n filter you can hear that thing breathe like a monster.

Bristow, VA

2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

I have the k&n cold air fipk and all it is just the K&N filter with no box. It comes with a metal plate you put underneath the filter to block the heat from below and provide support. and some piping to your MAF. Real easy to install. All you will need is a ratchet and a flat head screwdriver to install. The directions also ask you to disconnect your battery when you do the install. I can provide pics this weekend if you need. I like it, but most people I know like the closed box better. It looks like it would work well with an SS hood. I have a Z28 so don't know.

So Cal

2004 GTO M6

Took about 45 min's on my GTO. all in all, looks better and is louder, HP increase???
    Feels like it but this is always a big debate. For the money?? Thats up to you.

Muncie, IN

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

get volant for 280, cheaper and just as good if not better than k & n for about 380 (ive not seen it any cheaper) or you could go with a ftra or ssra and suck that air from the bottom, which from what ive heard has better gains. they are both around the same price of volant.

Thread Information