Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Just switched to magnaflow vs Flowmaster

This is a discussion on Just switched to magnaflow vs Flowmaster within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Hi-Po Mufflex "style" custom fabbed up exhuast here. 4" pipe, mandrel bent. Very nice looking exhuast.Sounds great, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Mufflex "style" custom fabbed up exhuast here. 4" pipe, mandrel bent. Very nice looking exhuast.Sounds great, and Im SURE it flows great. I would trade any part of my exhuast for any other. I love it.
    Awesome. Mufflex makes the best performing single pipe catback hands down. And not much else sounds as good as a 4 inch sewer pipe

I wish we had the money to try the Bassani true dual 2 1/2 inch system at the time. I'd love to have compared that to the Mufflex setup.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I also just got my 4" DMH E cutout

Im still waiting on the pipe though. I got jewed on the shipment of the pipe, Got the cutout 5 days ago, Still waiting on the pipe. Doesnt matter, the car is down for awhile, again, anyway. FML

I also just got my 4" DMH E cutout

Im still waiting on the pipe though. I got jewed on the shipment of the pipe, Got the cutout 5 days ago, Still waiting on the pipe. Doesnt matter, the car is down for awhile, again, anyway. FML
    Good choice on the cutout. I dealt with Dave personally when his shop was right up the street from our previous house in Ohio. One hell of a nice guy that backs his product 100%. I'd deal with him anytime.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Good choice on the cutout. I dealt with Dave personally when his shop was right up the street from our previous house in Ohio. One hell of a nice guy that backs his product 100%. I'd deal with him anytime.
    Only thing is, that dude stop stocking 4" cutout pipe. So all I recieved was the cutout itself. Like I said though, no big deal.... my car isnt drivable right now. The horsepower game owned my ass today and No I have to fix stuff.

Only thing is, that dude stop stocking 4" cutout pipe. So all I recieved was the cutout itself. Like I said though, no big deal.... my car isnt drivable right now. The horsepower game owned my ass today and No I have to fix stuff.
    Haha,,,ya I'm not sure how many 4 inch setups he actually sells but I would think it's not #1 on the list.

When I stopped over there, he actually didn't have a pair of 3 inch cutouts in stock. I needed a pair of them for the system on my chevelle. He widdled that stuff out of a chunk of aluminum and called me the next day to come and pick them up They looked beautiful. Super nice guy, introduced me to his wife and she proceded to pull her truck around and show me how the cutouts worked. They both just always had smiles on their faces, great people.

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

4 inch cutout is huge, no wonder he doesn't stock it.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    4 inch cutout is huge, no wonder he doesn't stock it.
    No doubt. Like I said, I wasnt all that mad. I understood. Mark at KYspeed had no idea it wasnt going to ship. He is shipping a pipe, Its all good. Got the wiring ran today for it.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Trans am ws6

i got magna on my 2000 ws6 and love it. not too loud at idle but sounds amazing wide open.

Awaiting Activation

black
    2000 Z28

Thumbs down flowmaster feedback

I got a flowmaster cat back for my car from summitt and I absolutely hate it. Its too quiet, and I would really like to know where they're getting their HP numbers from. I am definately not impressed!!! It sounded almost as good stock to me. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!

white

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjay76 View Post
    I got a flowmaster cat back for my car from summitt and I absolutely hate it. Its too quiet, and I would really like to know where they're getting their HP numbers from. I am definately not impressed!!! It sounded almost as good stock to me. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!
    it is little louder then stock but for some reason i felt the car more powerful with the stock muffler then with the flowmaster... fells like it has more kick when take offs and the flowmaster sound like a real old engine and i only have 60000miles on my ta im gonna try magnaflow if i dont like it im puttin back my stock

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

any one want to sell a flowmaster cheap?

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    any one want to sell a flowmaster cheap?

mine for 150 shipped man

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

the whole catback or what?

I got dual E-cutouts, im not worried bout flow....

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS

I've been using flow master sense 1987, they're who started all this exhaust system controversy, before flow master it was turbo mufflers and glass packs, I have some SLP muffle on my 1999 SS and it's real quiet. I run the big 3 chamber delta 40's on my pro street nova 385 ci 13-1 compression and they are real loud

Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjay76 View Post
    That's why I went with a 40 series instead of the crossflow 80 series. Big difference. Of course, I also have no cats and 3" all the way back to dumps, so of course mine would be a teensy weensy bit louder than stock

And I have an exhaust guy who does custom work for much cheaper than a catback, so I just buy the muffler and let him worry about the piping One of these days I MIGHT stick some money into a GMMG system though....

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Wifey's Grocery Getter
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Black

I know the perfect guy who for those LT installs and for that matter any other thing you need done to your 93-02 cars ,waterpumps, opti , etc etc Drop me a email Ill try to help you out . greenmile30@hotmail.com

Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

And I thought I threw threads off topic. Almost like a tv commercial in the middle of the thread.

"Do you suffer from the inability to fix your own car? Are you tired of using Haynes and Chilton books to try and figure things out? Well, my friends, suffer no longer. I have come to bring you good news about...A GUY THAT I KNOOOOOWWWW (echo effect). Email me at newguy @ gooch mail . com to find out more."

Sorry, back on topic. I love the sound of both Flowmaster and Magnaflow. It just so happens that I HAVE Flowmaster, so I'm not in a big hurry to switch. When I do switch, it will be GMMG or a custom X-pipe system. Doesn't matter, cutouts solve any possible flow issues

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information