ok im getting my new exhaust put on....finally

Old Set up:
    Stock '99 WS6

New Set Up:
    1-7/8 Kooks LTs
    3" Kooks ORY
    SLP Loudmouth II Catback
    Polyurethane Motor Mounts x2....

now my question is....did i get these right?

Bosch 13111 O2s x2
    and MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor Wires?

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

As long as the wires are for an LS1 you should be fine. Make sure you have all your clamps. If you are doing it yourself make sure you have something like PB blaster to loosen up all the bolts off your stock system.

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    As long as the wires are for an LS1 you should be fine. Make sure you have all your clamps. If you are doing it yourself make sure you have something like PB blaster to loosen up all the bolts off your stock system.
    yup theyre for ls1. and i got...two or three clamps with my LMII...not sure
    and hell no im not doing this myself... i think me taking a blow torch to this would be a bad....very bad idea

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Yea those are right, might wanna tell them to switch your sparkplugs while everything is off already and use gm gaskets too

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

You dont have clamps for the headers to the y?
    Blow torch?

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    Yea those are right, might wanna tell them to switch your sparkplugs while everything is off already and use gm gaskets too
    Could just reuse the stockers

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Could just reuse the stockers
    Yea, but if everything is off already and they are cheap then why not replace them too

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

If emmisions isnt a problem then get an LS6 intake manifold and SS race style headers. You will be able to delte the AIR and the EGR all at once. Get your computer tuned by frost to delete the SES light and give you a few more ponies. This is an excellent mod you will not regret! Do some research on the diff between your stock LS1 intake vs the LS6. This is the perfect time to do all those mods at once. Good luck on those motor mounts, trust me your gonna need it! Hit me up when you get ready to do all this as I have done it all myself. Especially the motor mounts as you will have one hell of a time getting those in. Plugs and new header gaskets would be a good idea as well.

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by splitfinger09 View Post
    If emmisions isnt a problem then get an LS6 intake manifold and SS race style headers. You will be able to delte the AIR and the EGR all at once. Get your computer tuned by frost to delete the SES light and give you a few more ponies. This is an excellent mod you will not regret! Do some research on the diff between your stock LS1 intake vs the LS6. This is the perfect time to do all those mods at once. Good luck on those motor mounts, trust me your gonna need it! Hit me up when you get ready to do all this as I have done it all myself. Especially the motor mounts as you will have one hell of a time getting those in. Plugs and new header gaskets would be a good idea as well.
    well im getting the rear EGR (i think?) deleted. and ill send my PCM to Frost when i get my Lid on.
    i was told that new gaskets are a waste of money
    and as for spark plugs...im getting around to that and other upkeeps during the winter when its in the garage because of the weather...

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    well im getting the rear EGR (i think?) deleted. and ill send my PCM to Frost when i get my Lid on.
    i was told that new gaskets are a waste of money
    and as for spark plugs...im getting around to that and other upkeeps during the winter when its in the garage because of the weather...
    Basically if you get and LS6 intake as well as "race style" headers you will be able to delete AIR/EGR with no need for plugs or block off plates. It will make your engine bay look alot better and save a small amount of weight. New header gaskets are def optional. I reused my stock ones when I did my header swap, but now that im doing heads I decided to get one ones. You should be fine with your stockers just dont bend them or anything when you are removing the manifolds.

Impounded
    Basically if you get and LS6 intake as well as "race style" headers you will be able to delete AIR/EGR with no need for plugs or block off plates. It will make your engine bay look alot better and save a small amount of weight. New header gaskets are def optional. I reused my stock ones when I did my header swap, but now that im doing heads I decided to get one ones. You should be fine with your stockers just dont bend them or anything when you are removing the manifolds.
    Correction to my prior post. the headers i got came with new gaskets anyways... i just took everything out to check evrything and they were at the bottom.
    and and for "race style" headers... they were another $150 or so
    and being i need to replace my clutch and possibly my tie rods/wheel bearings/panhard bar...i dont have the money to get an LS6 intake.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

If the gaskets aren't mls gaskets you're better off reusing the stock ones

Impounded
    mls?

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

mls?
    multi layer steel. wich the stock ones are. if you do get new ones just get gm oem gaskets, but like I said earlier you will prob be fine with the current stock ones you have.
    Last edited by splitfinger09; 11-17-2010 at 02:25 PM.

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

Correction to my prior post. the headers i got came with new gaskets anyways... i just took everything out to check evrything and they were at the bottom.
    and and for "race style" headers... they were another $150 or so
    and being i need to replace my clutch and possibly my tie rods/wheel bearings/panhard bar...i dont have the money to get an LS6 intake.
    do not use the new gaskets unless they are GM oem gaskets. when I got my kooks LT's "race style" headers they were actually cheaper. There are easier to make because they dont need the provisons for the AIR. It sounds like you will not be deleting the AIR or the EGR.

red
    99 camaro

If the gaskets aren't mls gaskets you're better off reusing the stock ones
    Spoken like a true veteran... I reused my stockers with 130k on them and its at 162k now and havent even touched them since, case and point...

Impounded
    do not use the new gaskets unless they are GM oem gaskets. when I got my kooks LT's "race style" headers they were actually cheaper. There are easier to make because they dont need the provisons for the AIR. It sounds like you will not be deleting the AIR or the EGR.
    so did i fuck up then?

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

so did i fuck up then?
    no not at all. all im saying is i think you got emmision style headers so you will have all the provisions you need to hook the AIR system back up. The EGR runs into the top front of your LS1 style intake. You would need a some sort of a freeze plug and block off plates to delete the AIR/EGR.

Impounded
    ok good. haha

Quick Silver
    2002 Z06

According to most that should all work fine.

When I installed LT's on my 98 formula I stuck with the stock O/2s and used extenstions. Car ran fine until an extenstion melted. Stuck the Bosch in and the car ran bad. It would have slight misses and things. I went back to stock and it runs great again.

I'm not saying don't use them, just that if you have any issues don't discount going back to the stock O/2s

Slow Passenger Window - Want Passenger Express Down - Tired of Replacing DayTime Running Light Bulbs

Camaro Owners Click Here
    Firebird Owners Click Here

Need instructions to replace your F-Body window motor?
    www.AutoTrix.net

Thread Information